General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, Anony said:

His stsq is great too. Actually now that I'm rewatching this, I realise even back then his SS isn't as bad actually it's good as a lot of people seem to think.

Even that time, Max Ambesi even commented that Yuzuru's skating skills at the age of 17 were already better than all Japanese men. I agree with him. Watching Yuzuru skate, especially in practice, I can see how deep his edges were by that time. He was blazing fast too. In 2012, there was a joke that Yuzuru at the end of the program was faster than Javi at the beginning of his program. The biggest issue at that time was that Yuzuru had so weak stamina. I am glad he has improved his strength vastly.

11 minutes ago, meoima said:

Even that time, Max Ambesi even commented that Yuzuru's skating skills at the age of 17 were already better than all Japanese men. I agree with him. Watching Yuzuru skate, especially in practice, I can see how deep his edges were by that time. He was blazing fast too. In 2012, there was a joke that Yuzuru at the end of the program was faster than Javi at the beginning of his program. The biggest issue at that time was that Yuzuru had so weak stamina. I am glad he has improved his strength vastly.

I'm not sure about the edges, but yeah in 2011 he's already really fast (in 2011-12 I think Kozuka had deeper edges but Yuzu had better speed). But at that time Yuzu didn't know how to control it. He usually went all out in the 1st half of the program and his 2nd half were way slower (FS only), sometimes I felt he used almost all his energy in practices :laughing: . Javi was soooooo slow back then. Both of them really improve alot :smile: 

1 hour ago, meoima said:

Back then I've only casually followed FS for about 3 years and while I can identify jumps, I didn't really understand SS or TR all that well so admittedly Yuzuru's SS never stood out to me that's  not saying much tho, not even Patrick's stood out to me at the time  Now that I'm watching his older programs again, his edges are good they're nothing compared to what they are now tho, so is his multi directional skating, he covers a lot of ice and like you said, he's ridiculously fast. I think the rumour that Yuzuru has bad SS is, to begin with completely false, but also probably derived from his stamina. He slows down near the end of the program, he's still fast, but not as fast as he was in the start and that's what people notice, not his actual speed. His posture nearing the end is also subpar It's not the worst tho, let's be honest for a second which has nothing to do with SS but I realise a lot of casual viewers tend to look at the upperbody instead of... well the skating. He still gets a lot of mileage out off his crossovers and honestly he never really "stalk" his jumps, or at least when he does, he's really coy about it.

Also his twizzles, his twizzles are always amazing

14 minutes ago, Anony said:

Back then I've only casually followed FS for about 3 years and while I can identify jumps, I didn't really understand SS or TR all that well so admittedly Yuzuru's SS never stood out to me that's  not saying much tho, not even Patrick's stood out to me at the time  Now that I'm watching his older programs again, his edges are good they're nothing compared to what they are now tho, so is his multi directional skating, he covers a lot of ice and like you said, he's ridiculously fast. I think the rumour that Yuzuru has bad SS is, to begin with completely false, but also probably derived from his stamina. He slows down near the end of the program, he's still fast, but not as fast as he was in the start and that's what people notice, not his actual speed. His posture nearing the end is also subpar It's not the worst tho, let's be honest for a second which has nothing to do with SS but I realise a lot of casual viewers tend to look at the upperbody instead of... well the skating. He still gets a lot of mileage out off his crossovers and honestly he never really "stalk" his jumps, or at least when he does, he's really coy about it.

Also his twizzles, his twizzles are always amazing

The issue with Yuzuru in the old days was that he kinda "wasted his energy" or more like he didn't know how to phase his power and speed. It's understandable though, he had low stamina, often grasped badly in the second half of the program. But if we all watch them in practice, he had shown quite deep edge, transitions and speed. He is wiser now and knows better to phrase his movements and distribute the energy even in him programs. 

8 minutes ago, meoima said:

The issue with Yuzuru in the old days was that he kinda "wasted his energy" or more like he didn't know how to phase his power and speed. It's understandable though, he had low stamina, often grasped badly in the second half of the program. But if we all watch them in practice, he had shown quite deep edge, transitions and speed. He is wiser now and knows better to phrase his movements and distribute the energy even in him programs. 

Yep, he burns out quickly and his skating deteriorates a bit after the first one or two minutes of his program. That leaves the impression that he can't "keep up" and a lot of people thinking he's worse than he actually is because they compare his ending speed and edges with his starting.

Yolo!3A and second half quad combos, he's come so far :')

Just found another one of the Republic of Korea's news about YUZU in 2015.

" One after another  the  NEW  World  Records  were made...........

Japan went wild with this monster of Figure Skating, YUZURU HANYU.

Surprisingly to his continuously breaking the World Records, Japanese Skating World is saying, " Not just a World's Treasure, but he is

the Treasure of Figure Skating World who is changing the history :67512117::8430721:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Below was the one posted 2/3 pages before with translation. As it was also the news in 2015 about Yuzu, may I put it together here.

:thankyou:

:laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing:

Hanyu Yuzuru Plastic Bottle's Cap Collection 2017 (All 9 types) :67512117:

This campaign will start from JULY 10, 2017......... A JOKE !

----------------------------------------------------------------:goe:

This is sth I have been longing for a long-long time, but it's sth beyond my understanding. Financial Advisers or anyone who knows about

business must have thought so too, I think.....Supply and Demand, 

so why not ?

1 minute ago, yuzuthebest said:

:laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing:

----------------------------------------------------------------:goe:-----------------

This is sth I have been longing for a long-long time, but it's sth beyond my 

understanding. Financial Advisers or anyone who knows about business

must have thought so too, I think.....Supply and Demand, so why not ?

lololol :rofl: will be great if they actually sell those! I won't even feel bad asking my friends in japan to buy em for me because they are just water bottles :xD:

15 minutes ago, yuzuthebest said:

:laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing:

----------------------------------------------------------------:goe:-----------------

I would totally buy it :rofl:

33 minutes ago, yuzuthebest said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I bet it'll sold out in a minute. Especially those number 3 :winky: