General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Fay said:

Right, I'll go and listen to Beethoven's Fifth Symphony then - just to be in tune...

And if he brings home the OGM, we can all listen to Beethoven's 9th....

I'm getting around to the idea of Chopin, I'm now just worried if he's going to be hounded by the pressure to beat his own records. Forgot where I read it, but he said somewhere that he cried after his record breaking Seimei, because suddenly it dawned on him the pressure to perform perfectly all the time (something like Michelle Kwan's pressure), and he was scared. Well, if he performs to Chopin Ballade 1, he's going straight for that pressure head-on...

9 minutes ago, Xen said:

And if he brings home the OGM, we can all listen to Beethoven's 9th....

I'm getting around to the idea of Chopin, I'm now just worried if he's going to be hounded by the pressure to beat his own records. Forgot where I read it, but he said somewhere that he cried after his record breaking Seimei, because suddenly it dawned on him the pressure to perform perfectly all the time (something like Michelle Kwan's pressure), and he was scared. Well, if he performs to Chopin Ballade 1, he's going straight for that pressure head-on...

honestly no matter what program he skates, but the fact that he upgrades his BV every season means he can break all his records again, so I think the pressure of breaking records is there all the time.

12 minutes ago, meoima said:

I am sure he will bring 4lz. That's why he refuses Chopin. I think he does not want to struggle new choreography and get used to new music while he has a huge upgrade in the layout. 

If this is true, then...I will forgive him lol. A little.

Don't get me wrong, Chopin is my favorite Yuzu program ever. I just don't want to see him get suppressed scores because of lack of originality and stuff. And having to live with the demons of perfection. And I really wanted new programs :crybaby: Now that I think about it, I'm happy he didn't bring back POTO. It would've fit the theme, warhorse and all. 

Now, NHK and CoR...:cry: those are the two GPs I'm least likely to be able to go to.

1 minute ago, beki said:

Same SP for a third season? To be fair, I will say what I would say for any other skater. I don't like it at all. :smiley-sad058:

It looks like a defensive move. What happened to trusting Jeff?

Yes, super defensive. And he knows it. It's really really weird. Have you heard of anyone doing a program for three seasons?!

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

If this is true, then...I will forgive him lol. A little.

Don't get me wrong, Chopin is my favorite Yuzu program ever. I just don't want to see him get suppressed scores because of lack of originality and stuff. And having to live with the demons of perfection. And I really wanted new programs :crybaby: Now that I think about it, I'm happy he didn't bring back POTO. It would've fit the theme, warhorse and all. 

Now, NHK and CoR...:cry: those are the two GPs I'm least likely to be able to go to.

well to be fair many skaters are going to recycle programs and judges tend to be conservative.

1 minute ago, Fay said:

they say Yuzu jumped his 3A off a layback Ina Bauer in the finale... I can take that!!!

From the videos, he had the same counter entry into his 3A as he had in Chopin 2.0, I think. 

13 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Yes, super defensive. And he knows it. It's really really weird. Have you heard of anyone doing a program for three seasons?!

I think Viktor Petrenko had a program he kept bringing back over and over. It's not the way to get points for artistry though. Honestly, I'm not just disappointed, I'm a little annoyed. I hope this conservatism actually gets him the gold medal. I guess I really got hooked on artistic risk-taking this year. He could have chosen a similar piece, not the exact same one.

Now I can't exactly criticize Shoma for safe, repetitive choices... or Nathan, or Javi. He's lost the high ground on originality.

I was under the impression that skating the same program is allowed only twice (over the course of two separate seasons). I don't know where I read it, it seems I was wrong.

I love the Chopin SP, it's probably my favourite Yuzu program, but just like everybody else I would love to see a different SP, maybe even similar to Chopin (or a different Chopin), but not Ballade again. I do have faith in Yuzu though. Now I'm hoping for a fantastic and unique FS that will take everybody's breath away.

I am surprised, but not sad with Chopin SP. I hope that the choice was his, because he was happy with it, so I'm happy because I trust him. :space:He may have done a thorough analysis of the taste of the judges. Chopin is a beautiful program. I think he and his team are fighting for insurance, but I'm curious to see the changes Jeffrey Battle has made for this season. The layout will certainly be updated, 4LZ is coming, 4Lo combo, all  can happen. We are talking about Yuzuru. He always surprises us. I have faith. It will work.:snonegai: