General Yuzuru Chat

12 時間前, kaerbさんが言いました:

LOLOL wtf is this program omg, it's truly like the Hanyu Uncle Fanboy Congressional Session or something, it's hilarious :xD:

Ueda-san and his uncle bros are just thoroughly impressed, you can tell by the way they all make those 'ehhhhh' and 'iyaaaaa' sounds and shaking their heads, it means the JP ojisans like you a lot : P

Quick summary (usual disclaimer: my Japanese is not the best, probably some mistakes here, they speak really fast at times so I can't hear properly and also there's a bunch of inside jokes that flew over my head so I just left them out lol)

• Ueda: Honestly, I saw [the NHK injury]. For a bystander's perspective, it was a situation of 'there's no way he can make it in time'. He was off for 2mths. He also only had 3wks of training and he probably couldn't train a lot. It was like there was no way he could make it in time and it seems like Ueda heard that from quite a few people around him
  • "But one week earlier, from Canada's skate rink, I heard he was jumping quads. I was like 'are you serious?' The way he got the information (the 'route' he literally says) was also amazing. It was not Hanyu-senshuu's coach but a coach who taught another skater in the same rink. That coach told someone in Japan and that person in Japan told me. And that person in Japan was the teacher who taught me [Ueda] to skate on 'Bakabon' (a program, I assume)." 
  • Ueda also greeted Daisuke and Shizuka at Pyeongchang during Kodaira Nao's event, and asked about Yuzu's condition, they said, 'He's pretty much returned. honestly he's not at 100% but it seems like he can do it.' And even then Ueda said he thought 'REALLY? TRULY???' but after the shocking short program, Ueda was like 'really...this person's mentality...is.........WTF IS IT. It was truly unbelievable.'
  • There's been a lot of talk about the '[XYZ Athlete] Age' eg. the Hanyu Age, the Otani Age' named after prominent leading athletes and Ueda always thought it was the Otani Age even though there were people saying different things, but after seeing Yuzu, in an instant, he was like 'it's the Hanyu Age.' :knc_yuzu1::knc_yuzu1::knc_yuzu1:
  • Ueda also complimented Yuzu's politeness - 2/3hrs after everything when they were preparing for Ueda's interview, Yuzu was getting his mic put on and Ueda was like 'oh please sit, please sit' and Yuzu said 'Ueda-san, please go ahead and sit down' (very politely/considerately).
  • They also noticed that Yuzu had noticed Javi not having a Spanish flag the first round so Yuzu told Shoma they'd do a round w/o their flags first, also they noticed Yuzu being very attentive to cameras on the podium and turning around to face all the photographers 
  • Ueda: 'Hanyu-kun just has no faults'
  • [they break off on this joking tangent for awhile about how one dude went to multiple Olympics, witnessed multiple gold medallist wins and basically said 'I won the gold with them' lmao...it's hard to explain/translate so just ignore the section from 6:05 ~ 7:15]
  • At Sochi, there were a lot of JP fans but they were mostly Takahashi fans and they were yelling 'Dai-chan, Dai-chan' so at the time, Yuzu's popularity wasn't quite there. This time it was just ENTIRELY YUZURU'S FANS. He commented on Pooh rain - it was all from 'Pooh-san's Honey Hunt???' (idk what that is but one dude made a pun like 'it was Pooh-san's Hanyu Hunt' and was really proud of himself lol)
  • One of them even commented on the fact the camera zoomed out from Pooh-san's face when Yuzu was returning to the K&C
  • Glasses white hoodie oji-san commented on how on the TV you can see the closeups of the face but even from far away, he was impressive; they comment on how his performance ability really struck their hearts...it's all very fanboy-y
  • 9:23 - Glasses white hoodie oji-san was like 'ahh.......Hanyu-kun won't come on this show [Ueda Channel] would he?' and Ueda nearly does a spittake and then starts laughing abt how he should appear with a bunch of funny guests to up the contrast
  • Ueda says he really wants Yuzu to go on variety shows, he told Yuzu in Sochi, 'come on Oshareism' and that he didn't have to come on Shabekuri 007 because there's the thing named Oriken there (one of his co-hosts if I recall correctly, Ueda's roasting Oriken LOL) but Yuzu at the time said 'I want to come and see Shabekuri 007'. The other day, Ueda talked about it again only briefly with him this time but Yuzu gave the smiley scrunchy 'mmmmmm no' face (at 10:55 - Ueda does a HILARIOUS impression bc I know that EXACT FACE lmfao)
  • They ruminate on Yuzu going on variety some more, mention Mao-chan hasn't been on there either, Ueda says the biggest reason is obviously bc Yuzu is in Canada most of the time and then there's another round of 'wow he's amazing isn't he..... [for...training in Canada I guess LMFAO]'

ANYWAY, who says yuzu's fanbase is all middle aged mums, his gigantic collection of gushy uncle fans is nothing to laugh at 

Thank you for your great work! It was indeed funny talk show, I rewatched it a couple of times :laughing:

Glasses white hoodie oji-san is actually PPAP guy , so Yuzuru and TJ at WTT had a relation in the past (sort of lol).

He has two names, PIKOTARO and Kosakadaimaou.

3 minutes ago, yude said:

Thank you for your great work! It was indeed funny talk show, I rewatched it a couple of times :laughing:

Glasses white hoodie oji-san is actually PPAP guy , so Yuzuru and TJ at WTT had a relation in the past (sort of lol).

Oh my god! I absolutely know Pikotaro but I did not recognise him without that moustache ahahaha, yuzu must be happy to see another memelord talking about him with such admiration :knc_yuzu1:

4 minutes ago, yude said:

MIND BLOWN! :14066882:

20 minutes ago, yude said:

NO WAY!!!!!! :surprised:It never occurred to me that they were one and the same :smiley-laughing021:Thanks for the FYI :biggrin:

hace 7 minutos , yuzupon said:

I think this is more like a 'I know, I know, my ankle! I can't help it!' smile, aimed at his rapidly panicking coaches.:pouty:

Yes, this combo probably wasn't part of the strategy but iirc this was the first practice in SP starting order so all of his main rivals were there to watch.

Yuzu's ideal skates (eventually) include all the different quads divided between the two programs and a quad/quad combination (has anybody done one yet?).  It also gets maximum GOEs on every element and PCS scores above 49.95 and 99.95 (which mean a ton of the judges have given him 10s).  His ideal skate would also be followed by a Poohvalanche that takes over fifteen minutes to clear the ice (they really should put blades on the Zambonis).  Also the ideal skate should be at a GPF or WC (preferably both) and should have victory margins of over 20 points for the short and 50 points for the long.  And these should be in a season where he wins everything he's entered.  Have skates like that and a season like that and even the skeptics will have to call him the GOAT.  Will this ever happen?  Probably not, but I can dream, can't I?

1 時間前, kaerbさんが言いました:

Oh my god! I absolutely know Pikotaro but I did not recognise him without that moustache ahahaha, yuzu must be happy to see another memelord talking about him with such admiration :knc_yuzu1:

I can't help but get the impression that Pikotaro's an even bigger stan than Ueda ever was. I don't think Ueda's that big of one really but Pikotaro was the one who made all those more subtle observations (the bit about putting away the flag so they can all take pictures with Fernandez in flagless solidarity, the part where Hanyu said he knows the Games) and he was also the one who steered the conversation back to Hanyu after it veered away to Kodaira and Lee. And IIRC, he also said his focus was mainly only on Hanyu when chasing the recent Olys on TV. He was also the one who went all wistful wondering if he would ever get a chance talk to Hanyu and other talents he presumably admires on shows like this one, listing them off as his dream guestlist or something, only to turn around and say that maybe it's better that he doesn't because Hanyu is above it all (it sounds a lot like us, don't you think?) while acknowledging the fact that he's probably biting the hand that's feeding him by saying that. Though Ueda agreed with him, lol.

Ueda seems more of a casual admirer who is reminded of why he admires the guy in the first place due to recent events. He also remembered the part about Shabekuri 007 wrong. Hanyu didnt say he wanted to be on it because he really wanted to be on it. He didn't even say he wanted to be on it, really. He more said that if he had to pick one he'd go with S007 instead of Oshareism simply to jokingly spite Ueda who was jokingly badmouthing his co-host on that show. Why? Because he (Hanyu) is a sadist. xD Either the guy (Ueda) didn't remember how the actual conversation went or he misunderstood it from the get-go.

But Pikotaro...I see all of us in him.

14 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I can't help but get the impression that Pikotaro's an even bigger stan than Ueda ever was. I don't think Ueda's that big of one really but Pikotaro was the one who made all those more subtle observations (the bit about putting away the flag so they can all take pictures with Fernandez in flagless solidarity, the part where Hanyu said he knows the Games) and he was also the one who steered the conversation back to Hanyu after it veered away to Kodaira and Lee. And IIRC, he also said his focus was mainly only on Hanyu when chasing the recent Olys on TV. He was also the one who went all wistful wondering if he would ever get a chance talk to Hanyu and other talents he presumably admires on shows like this one, listing them off as his dream guestlist or something, only to turn around and say that maybe it's better that he doesn't because Hanyu is above it all (it sounds a lot like us, don't you think?) while acknowledging the fact that he's probably biting the hand that's feeding him by saying that. Though Ueda agreed with him, lol.

Ueda seems more of a casual admirer who is reminded of why he admires the guy in the first place due to recent events. He also remembered the part about Shabekuri 007 wrong. Hanyu didnt say he wanted to be on it because he really wanted to be on it. He didn't even say he wanted to be on it, really. He more said that if he had to pick one he'd go with S007 instead of Oshareism simply to jokingly spite Ueda who was jokingly badmouthing his co-host on that show. Why? Because he (Hanyu) is a sadist. xD Either the guy (Ueda) didn't remember how the actual conversation went or he misunderstood it from the get-go.

But Pikotaro...I see all of us in him.

Memelords recognise each other after all hehehe. And yes, I know that 'suppressed hardcore stan struggling not to come across too strongly but just very excited the general conversation topic is happening and wanting to drag it on as long as possible' feeling well :laughing: I think Ueda was just blown away by Yuzu in this particular instant that he couldn't help gushing a bit but he's not invested in the sport and he's so busy I doubt he really clearly remembers all the details of people he interviewed 

I'm just smiling imagining Pikotaro watching WTT last year 

1 分, kaerbさんが言いました:

I think Ueda was just blown away by Yuzu in this particular instant that he couldn't help gushing a bit but he's not invested in the sport and he's so busy I doubt he really clearly remembers all the details of people he interviewed 

Yep and yep. Also, the way that convo went also allowed Hanyu and out from outright declining then and there because he used it to cleverly deflect. He didn't have this as a tool this time around and so had to do that impression Ueda did of him, lol. Which, I have to say, must have been a very accurate one because I can totally see Hanyu with that expression.