General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, Fay said:

The news I read today was that Yuzu was allowed to take part in the Japanese National without the bother of having to take past in the sectionals..

Yeah, I think this is allowed if you have international competition around sectionals (like AC). I remember mikaboo told me that.

8 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

will there not be anymore signature functions? :acceptable:

The signatures are there, you have to go to your settings and switch them on, if you want to see them. I see yours now.

4 minutes ago, mcq said:

Yeah, I think this is allowed if you have international competition around sectionals (like AC). I remember mikaboo told me that.

I just find it slightly ridiculous the issue arose, really. Sorry.

18 minutes ago, Fay said:

Oh was there an issue? I remembered even Mao's fans are talking about this after her finish at Nationals (and daisuke murakami and sota yamamoto too). If I am not wrong, mikaboo said that if they are sent to international competition around that time (like CS for example), they don't have to go. I doubt the reigning WC skipping sectionals is ever an issue, since many thinks even dice or sota probably whould not go too if they are sent to CS. :59182a8d937bc_biggrin(1):

16 minutes ago, Fay said:

The signatures are there, you have to go to your settings and switch them on, if you want to see them. I see yours now.

I just read an article saying Yuzuru was given special seeding to go to nationals without going through sectionals etc., normally only the top three from the last Nationals are seeded.

Also read somewhere that since Yuzuru is affiliated with ANA he would've gone through the Tokyo area local comps? That would've been interesting :dbana:

12 minutes ago, mcq said:

Oh was there an issue? I remembered even Mao's fans are talking about this after her finish at Nationals (and daisuke murakami and sota yamamoto too). If I am not wrong, mikaboo said that if they are sent to international competition around that time (like CS for example). I doubt the reigning WC skipping sectionals is ever an issue since many thinks even dice or sota probably whould not go too if they are sent to CS. :59182a8d937bc_biggrin(1):

Well, apparently, Yuzu doesn't even have to take part at internationals, if it comes to that. He becomes one of the seeded skaters along with Shoma, Keiji and Takahito. And that was an exceptional decision the JSF made concerning Yuzu - that he's already in though technically, he's not a last season's Japanese medalist. 

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2017/05/14/kiji/20170514s00079000212000c.html

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Well, apparently, Yuzu doesn't even have to take part at internationals, if it comes to that. He becomes one of the seeded skaters along with Shoma, Keiji and Takahito. And that was an exceptional decision the JSF made concerning Yuzu - that he's already in though technically, he's not a last season's Japanese medalist. 

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2017/05/14/kiji/20170514s00079000212000c.html

how kind of them!

Just now, Fay said:

Yup, and this was the first time such an exception had been made! JSF doing something right