General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, yuzuuu said:

Why did I click it... why did I click it.... I'll never see that beautiful performance the same way again... 

Honestly though.... that was ridiculously synchronised like bless the random person who even thought to try out that pairing.... :smiley-laughing021:

11 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Thank you so much! 

So he's skating the last one.. Do you know if they went back to the world standings order for the SP? Is it the case for all the GP events or just this one? I really hope that it's for all the events, that way we can be sure he doesn't skate second in his group  :10636614: well, if he doesn't bomb the sp

1 minute ago, Klera said:

Thank you so much! 

So he's skating the last one.. Do you know if they went back to the world standings order for the SP? Is it the case for all the GP events or just this one? I really hope that it's for all the events, that way we can be sure he doesn't skate second in his group  :10636614: well, if he doesn't bomb the sp

They did :biggrin: IIRC it will be like this for all the GP events :) 

I'm noticing a lot of nervousness about Yuzu not winning this weekend.  I wouldn't worry, particularly after looking at his record during the seasons he's won the GPF, which is the important thing here.  Outside of 2014s NHK, where he bombed, Yuzu's only wins in GP series competitions in seasons where he's taken the GPF have been at the NHK.  All the other competitions he's skated during those four seasons have resulted in silver finishes.  It looks to me like Yuzu's not worried too much about winning those events.  He wants to hold back until the Final itself, when he can fully unleash himself.  It's like the marathon runner who paces himself so that he can be in contention when the final sprint comes rather than squandering his resources to gain an early lead.

Finally got a look at the skating order tomorrow morning.  It looks like they've saved the best for last.  I know everybody's looking at Nathan as the threat but I wouldn't dismiss some others, particularly Nam.  His growth spurt played havoc with his skating for a while, but he's had time to work those problems out and become familiar with his new body.  I'm interested to see how his new coach might be making a difference.  I think Nam's a potential spoiler.  He wouldn't be able to handle a Yuzu in clean-skate mode (can anybody?) but I think he'd be in the hunt if Yuzu is off his game.  Slightly different topic, I'm glad Misha's there.  He's a consistent skater but that's not the real reason.  I always look forward to his gala skates.  He's one of the most reliably entertaining skaters around when he's not competing for points.  So the countdown is ongoing.  By my clock about thirteen and a half hours until launch time.

33 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Finally got a look at the skating order tomorrow morning.  It looks like they've saved the best for last.  I know everybody's looking at Nathan as the threat but I wouldn't dismiss some others, particularly Nam.  His growth spurt played havoc with his skating for a while, but he's had time to work those problems out and become familiar with his new body.  I'm interested to see how his new coach might be making a difference.  I think Nam's a potential spoiler.  He wouldn't be able to handle a Yuzu in clean-skate mode (can anybody?) but I think he'd be in the hunt if Yuzu is off his game.  Slightly different topic, I'm glad Misha's there.  He's a consistent skater but that's not the real reason.  I always look forward to his gala skates.  He's one of the most reliably entertaining skaters around when he's not competing for points.  So the countdown is ongoing.  By my clock about thirteen and a half hours until launch time.

I saw Nam compete at ACI live, and the last time I saw him skate live was in Boston. He's definitely gained back a bit of his consistency but his overall skating quality is far apart from the top 6. He was extremely slow in Boston, and I would say he's still slow but no longer as slow as before. His programs are... an odd choice in my opinion.

I really enjoyed Misha at ACI and Helsinki, he always skates with so much heart that you can easily feel a connection with him even if his technical ability isn't as impressive as other skaters.

All in all, the only thing I care about is Yuzu making the GPF. He doesn't necessarily need to win both events to qualify, so as long as he qualifies, I'm okay with his individual GP results, whatever they turn out to be (although I hope he can finally pull off a double win).

3 hours ago, Klera said:

Thank you so much! 

They went back, for all of them.