General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm not sure if you mean singers or idols (to call idols singers is... generous) and I don't really know anything about the Korean idol industry but in Japan you have to be an all-rounder - a lot of it is TV work - so actual talent is probably the last thing on the list of requirements. Like most things it's about personality and looks (though I think idols in general are pretty unattractive and personalities are...) The songs and dances are all completely juvenile, too, and it becomes so embarrassing to see men of nearly 50 doing cutesy dances kindergartners can do just as well. Once in awhile there will be someone very talented in one department but it's a fluke, not a matter of training.

Japanese music programs are painful because i have to sit through like 3 groups of johnny's :rofl:(not to mention the 48 groups...) I didn't like them, not even when i was younger...

8 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm not sure if you mean singers or idols (to call idols singers is... generous) and I don't really know anything about the Korean idol industry but in Japan you have to be an all-rounder - a lot of it is TV work - so actual talent is probably the last thing on the list of requirements. Like most things its about personality and looks (though I think idols in general are pretty unattractive and personalities are...) The songs and dances are all completely juvenile, too, and it becomes so embarrassing to see men of nearly 50 doing cutesy dances kindergartners can do just as well. Once in awhile there will be someone very talented in one department but it's a fluke, not a matter of training.

I've noticed the standard of Kpop seems to be a lot higher and though I'm not a fan I can appreciate the quality. That boy in the first video has a lovely voice. Again, perhaps it's a difference in what's required of an idol in different countries.

Eh in Kpop quite a few skate by with so-so vocals but every group tends to have at least one or two 'good' singers and then a couple that are maybe not-so-great but passable. But yeah I couldn't get in to Japanese idols because they just...don't...sound...good to me and whenever i hear a japanese song i tend to be rather underwhelmed by the singers. There's only...one Japanese singer I enjoy enough to have listened to for a long time but, um, well. It's dir en grey. Not everyone's cup of tea.

Kyuhyun is a standout talent in Kpop but there's quite a lot of really good quality singers in Kpop. I mean there's 3/4 others in his group alone and thats a group generally considered vocally fairly weak overall. Kpop groups tend to have a vocal or two, a rapper (of questionable quality), a dancer and a visual. And then maybe a member that is good at variety who is either kind of middle of the road at everything else lol. but the korean public really rains fire on any idol that outright can't sing.

6 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Japanese music programs are painful because i have to sit through like 3 groups of johnny's :rofl:(not to mention the 48 groups...) I didn't like them, not even when i was younger...

Japan has achieved the most sophisticated artistic refinement in everything. I can't think of many examples where I don't think "Japan has done it better." (Lifelong Japanophile, I'm sorry.)

And then there's Johnny's and 48s...

And the 48 creator is in charge of 2020 Olympic ceremonies... :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

:offtopic:

Sorry it took so long but here

:peekaboo:

I apologize for my #angstyAgape, have a peekaboo yuzumoji

I love you. :peekaboo: