General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Valkyria said:

I wonder if Yuzuru could ever manage to write a book about skating technique, given that he seems to have a marked preference for using onomatopoeias to explain himself. But his teachings should endure for generations! :rofl:

Mmmh, I guess technique books about 'practical' things like a sport or even music are useful, but I do agree with Yuzu that the approach is physical and instinctive. I think his onomatopoeias are more effective than any book that could ever be written! 

1 hour ago, kamotejojo said:

:animated-smileys-cheeky-053: IT'S HERE!!! :animated-smileys-cheeky-053:

Pino's version:

Performance only:

Pt II from 9:28 - basically, is Yuzu's life literally a movie wtf. Truly, I think Yuzu had a lot of 恩人 (Chinese word roughly meaning 'benefactors'...although that really doesn't encapsulate the almost mystical element of having 'great' people help him in his life or have significant impact on him) in his life, but the fact he's so grateful and giving in return makes it all worth it and easy to support everything he does T__T

After skating class

Host: You worked hard! How was Hanyu-senshuu's skating class? 

Sora: It was fun

Yuzu: It was fun? But it was tough wasn't it?

Host: It was pretty tough!

Yuzu: It was truly pretty severe. 

Sora: /nod

Yuzu (softest voice): Skating isn't really a scary thing - it was fun to skate wasn't it? So definitely don't forget that feeling of fun and it will be okay. You can do it after all. 

Yuzu: The speed skater Hiroyasu Shimizu also had asthma, but he got an Olympic gold medal (at Nagano) and fought the battle til the end. Seeing him, I felt encouraged. 

Shimizu segment (in which I cry really hard T___T)

Shimizu also had childhood asthma. 

Shimizu: I had to do practice like everyone else, but it was hard on my lungs.

Narrator: After retiring in 2010, he did a sports event at Miyagi ice rink in Sendai. After the event, he signed the sports bag of a young boy. 

Shimizu: He told me 'I also want to get a gold medal at the Olympics. But I have asthma.' That young boy was 15yr old Yuzuru. While passing back the autograph, Shimizu told him 'You'll be okay. You will have to practice hard to overcome the weakness in your lungs. But if you overcome that, you can become someone who can fight on the world stage.' He looked extremely happy and said 'I will (Yes)!'

Yuzuru held this message in his heart, worked extremely hard and became a gold medalist. So this time, he also wanted to send his voice to other children. 

Yuzu: If I have the chance to make someone's feelings stronger or give them courage through me, I think it's a good thing.

(performance with Go Hiromi: The Dream Ice Show)

End (already translated just then)

Hosts: That was superb/amazing!

Yuzu: Even though I had a lot of hard times, it is really joyful to be able to make such a production with great people. I skated with that thought. 

Host: How was it, to see Hanyu-senshuu jump right in front of your eyes?

Sora: It has become a much harder layout than 3 years ago...

Yuzu: That's right...that's right

Hosts: He's giving critique like a professional!

Yuzu: I thought if I could skate like this in front of Sora, he would be able to have motivation to do the difficult things, and have a good image/example to use when he's facing practice (moving ahead with practice?). 

Host: Sora-kun, have you decided anything based on today's experiences? 

Sora: I want to become an athlete who will challenge difficult things like Hanyu-senshuu

Yuzu: If you rotate two more times, you can jump a quad. It's only two rotations!

The text above the group photo says: I want to jump a quad! (doubles first!)

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

should be framed and hung on the wall!!! Definitely more meaningful than most modern art Ive seen! :biggrin:  

I can see the TV segment already:

"And now, for the piece that's got everybody talking about art galleries again. There, front and center in the room amidst great expectation, hangs 'Yuzuru's Running Edge'. This photograph, depicting a shadowed rink with the Champion's sharp curve bisecting the ice after a jump, has been all the rage since it debuted. Hordes of faithful fans have come from all around the globe to admire the stunning beauty and commanding feeling of the piece, sometimes even shedding tears in the presence of such perfection. The experience must be felt to be believed, so we do recommend you visit if you can; we also recommend leaving an offer of the Pooh kind beneath the piece, since it's said to bring good fortune to those who make the trip.

And now, the weather"

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Mmmh, I guess technique books about 'practical' things like a sport or even music are useful, but I do agree with Yuzu that the approach is physical and instinctive. I think his onomatopoeias are more effective than any book that could ever be written! 

They are, if you can see the context and body language they try to convey. Which is why I think they're great for in person teaching and not that good for writing XD

Just now, Valkyria said:

They'll give him those +3s once they put in place the +-5 GOE, I'm sure :facepalm:

LBR there will be riots if Yuzu does a 4T like that and doesn't get +3 but someone else does or gets a similar GOE value on a jump of okay-but-incomparable quality

6 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

LBR there will be riots if Yuzu does a 4T like that and doesn't get +3 but someone else does or gets a similar GOE value on a jump of okay-but-incomparable quality

We've already been kinda rioting after some of the GOEs at Worlds last season though, so... who knows. Maybe judge's imagination's haven't reached their limit yet?

28 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

I can see the TV segment already:

"And now, for the piece that's got everybody talking about art galleries again. There, front and center in the room amidst great expectation, hangs 'Yuzuru's Running Edge'. This photograph, depicting a shadowed rink with the Champion's sharp curve bisecting the ice after a jump, has been all the rage since it debuted. Hordes of faithful fans have come from all around the globe to admire the stunning beauty and commanding feeling of the piece, sometimes even shedding tears in the presence of such perfection. The experience must be felt to be believed, so we do recommend you visit if you can; we also recommend leaving an offer of the Pooh kind beneath the piece, since it's said to bring good fortune to those who make the trip.

And now, the weather"

I'd travel and pay that running edge, and if I get a catalogue of several hundred more, I'll die happy