General Yuzuru Chat

Does anyone have any tips for a live FaOI first timer? Actually for a total noob, because I’ve never been to the fs show. I’m going to Miyagi Sekisui Heim Super Arena. Is it cold or hot there? No idea what to wear. How early should I be there? I saw pics of insane queues before shows.

I’ll be grateful for anything that comes to your mind. 🙏

4 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Hanyuconomy from Dec 2018

Income generation on this scale will not be seen again from amateur FS

As many people will recall, the Mayor of Oshu made a public gratitude notice for the festival atmosphere and the positive publicity brought to the region from hosting SOI this year. The difference is startling. Similar financial phenomenon occurred for Prologue, Hachinohe. The hospitality sector benefitted hugely. As was also discussed regarding Oshu, the Hayabusa Shinkansen service does not usually have a scheduled stop at Oshu. The service stopped at Oshu for SOI only to help with those needing super fast train service on the Tokyo - Tohoku line. Oshu is served by the Shinkansen, just not the super fast service with the luxury Gran Class carriage. 

People wanting to see Yuzu generates demand for hospitality and transport services, plus gifts and sundry purchases. All of this commercial activity during a global 'cost of living crisis' is an enormous contrast to the usual non Yuzu ice shows.

Ice show income also boosts the coffers of the respective Federations and publicity agencies, as they take a commission from skaters show fees, if they are active

competitively and therefore members of their national federations.

This is 'old news' but it is still relevant info. 

Kelowna, too, was so very happy for Yuzu's presence in 2019, so was Helsinki in 2017. Alas...

1 hour ago, Alicja said:

Does anyone have any tips for a live FaOI first timer?

I haven't been to an ice show, but from everything I've read, it's cold there because they have to keep the ice frozen. I always see people wearing "lap blankets" in the front seats, too, as well as heavy jackets/coats and even gloves. I think people arrive a little early just because they're excited to see Yuzu, but if you have a ticket, you should be able to walk right in when they open. I suggest calling the venue, or checking out their online site, for more information. 

2 hours ago, Alicja said:

Does anyone have any tips for a live FaOI first timer? Actually for a total noob, because I’ve never been to the fs show. I’m going to Miyagi Sekisui Heim Super Arena. Is it cold or hot there? No idea what to wear. How early should I be there? I saw pics of insane queues before shows.

Oh, have fun! I'll try not to be too jealous of you. 

I wear layers when I go to a figure skating competition or ice show. Usually a long-sleeved shirt where I can push up the sleeves if necessary, then a zip-up sweater (pullovers are hard because you won't have a lot of room to move your arms if you want to take it off), then a jacket I'd wear on a warmer winter day. For pants, I have a pair of fleece-lined sweatpants that usually do fine. Wool socks are a must, my feet always get cold. I always forget to bring gloves but if the rink is really cold, they would be nice.

I usually leave all of those layers on unless Yuzu's on the ice. My heart rate always goes up and I end up needing to take some layers off when he skates.

If anyone here went to Notte Stellata or FaOI Sendai 2019, they might be a good resource for what that arena specifically is like.

9 hours ago, bubbletea said:

guys i have a idea for yuzu's youtube channel. I know he just use his youtube channel for share his skating but since we know he has a massive obsession for earphones/headphones. (im a kinda audiophile just like him) If we want a video from him to talk about his collection, fav brand and preferences on sound qualitiy, EQ stuff maybe he  can have fun to share it with us. and of course we would very like to see him talking enthusiastically and being a nerd of anything else he is interested in. (at least i would like to)

If someone has a membership could you please leave that kind of comment  under his member-private video? I know its nearly impossible for make him see that but i think its worth to try (I wish i had but unfortunately i dont have membership)

7 時間前, Alicjaさんが言いました:

The temperature actually depends on the venue. I heard the venue in Hachinohe was very cold, but Yoyogi Gymnasium in Tokyo that I went was not. Saitama Super Arena was relatively cold. And it also depends on your seat. It should be much colder if your seat is near the ice rink.

You definitely need a warm jacket, but I don't think you have to wear a full winter outfit if your seat is on the second or third floor. I recommend to bring a lap blanket and a small flat cushion that you can buy at a 100-yen shop like Daiso in Japan.

I usually be there in time for the venue opening, one hour or so earlier than the show opening as I want to enjoy the excitement as much as possible, but many go there early to buy merches.   

Good tidings Minna san !

If anyone ordered merchandise form the 10 year Memorial exhibition, which took place in Sendai at the same time as the Notte Stellata show in March this year.

Worldshopping are preparing to ship the exhibition goods. 

:dancingpooh:

2 hours ago, FakeFanyu said:

He is so beautiful😍

Yes as always  :wink_star:  he captivates the French spectators and, therefore, it is a practice and there is only him who is in UA clothes, the others are in costumes :dontknow: 

D-9 for FAITH :665e343793b9:  :loveshower:  

Here is a MAXRO with the "very old Yuzu" :embSwan: