General Yuzuru Chat

Although there are many worries, it will be another opportunity to see Yuzu again. :tumblr_m9ralgqmho1qdlkyg: As many have said, Yuzu knows best, and I may be only a Beijing Olys fanyu but I've learned to trust Yuzu's choices 100%, so I will look forward to whatever performance chances he gives us. :img_20: And it could be an opportunity for more exposure and making new connections as well. New figure skating fans might discover the g.o.a.t there or at SOI TV broadcasts (if they have somehow missed him before) and marvel at his programs like the rest of us, hehe.

I'm just grateful we get to see so much of Hanyu Yuzuru's figure skating! Thank you, Yuzu, and please take good care and plenty of rest. :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

2 hours ago, TallyT said:

We all worried about the 1000000 things that could go wrong with his solo career too, and that seems to be rolling along nicely. But think on it, for someone who's only just started producing ice shows (besides CWW) Prologue, GIFT and NS are huge and as learning experiences go, he's dived into the deep end (so Yuzu). A break where he isn't responsible for anything but skating gives him time to look back and analyze those shows and how the logistics/production/business end went, look ahead and plan, and at the same time work with the fs community without officialdom.

We tend to forget sometimes that love and follow him as we do, we don't actually know Yuzuru Hanyu personally, we don't know what he wants and feels on a day to day basis, and we don't need to know why he makes the choices he does, they are his to make. We can just enjoy what he gives us.

Um, hehe, my reply was misunderstood 😅 I meant I'm worried about the stream connection for GIFT

Sorry, I wasn't explicit enough

Re: SOI - Yuzuru did say he'd continue participating in other ice shows, so I'm only a little surprised at the announcement (since FaOI is more of his thing). I hope that he has fun, stays healthy, and I'll look forward to whatever he decides to perform there :peace2:

Spoiler

Also, fans of other skaters won't be able to use the argument of not being to get tickets due to fanyus since not one, but two ticket lottery deadlines had already passed prior to the knowledge of Yuzuru's participation--the most recent deadline being one day before the announcement :rolleyes: From skimming Jfanyu Twitter, several comments express the feeling that Yuzuru fans are being used only to sell the "leftover" tickets...adding to the already complicated feelings many have.

Anyway, all in all I wish that any negative experiences will be minimal for both Yuzuru and fans.

Reminder that we are just five days away (based on Japan time) from GIFT! :626gdau: Let's liven up the main event thread~ For any Satellites who will be attending in person or will in in Tokyo at the time, we will all be living vicariously through your fan reports :bow:

Spoiler

With everything that has been said about SOI, I still find it very distasteful and unpleasant -- but that's my problem and not Yuzu's or other fans' for sure. My biggest concern, again, is that the contract was signed under duress and he actually didn't have a choice -- knowing how dirty and nasty the corporate world and FS can be. The fact of the matter is, I don't believe anyone can be completely free in this world. Pray that my worries are absolutely unnecessary. The only thing I'm looking forward to is those three shows in which Yuzu participates will for sure significantly outsell the other shows on the tour.  

4 hours ago, nekodearu said:
  Hide contents

What do you mean by that? How can anyone degrade themselves by performing with younger/less famous/less decorated skaters in a show? If it were demeaning, then Hanyu Yuzuru the GOAT would not have had any decent opportunity to skate outside of competitions for many years now. Besides, Ilia is not just "Instagram boy"; whether we like it or not, Ilia is currently the only skater with the ability to land 4A, and I think Yuzu is more qualified and more likely to appreciate this remarkable feat than anyone else.

If you mean that Ilia is currently a favourite of people or organizations that have failed to recognize Yuzu's greatness in the past or even now, then I guess he is used to sharing the ice with such skaters and I don't think it can take anything away from him, especially now that he doesn't need their recognition anymore. The numbers don't lie (which is why I hope this SOI will also be sold out in no time). The blindness of others is no longer his problem, now he can do what he wants and when he wants, and apparently he wants to take part in SOI.

If you mean that Ilia has succeeded in and is praised for the only thing Yuzu has failed at to this day, then I have to say that one of Yuzuru's qualities I value most is his courage in facing failures and showing respect to those who have surpassed him in some way. For me, this is his real greatness and one of the reasons he has come that far. I guess from his words and actions that he doesn't need to disparage others to feel valuable. On the contrary, he seems to understand that respect for other skaters easily translates into self-respect, since it is a greater feat to outperform good skaters than poor ones.

To sum up, I don't think his dignity can suffer in any way from this collaboration. For me, it may be difficult at first, because I still feel some resentment and bitterness about certain people and events, but the longer I think about it, the more I see in his decision an inspiring proof of his freedom.

Spoiler

I for sure don't mean Yuzu shouldn't skate with young and nameless skaters. I'd love to see him skate with Mone for one. But I find it difficult to watch him mingle with certain other skaters, Instagram boy for one, notwithstanding his 4A, not only because his overall skating is immature and ugly but also because he is plain obnoxious. This whole thing reminds me of his Raison costume, which I've been watching on a daily basis lately -- mostly pure snow white with an unavoidable and inevitable stain of Origin black and purple screaming real world compromise...   

So glad Yuzu is doing SOI. He loves skating and performing. He's now done/doing his own major shows where he carries the entire thing and that can be exciting and stimulating... but maybe exhausting and possibly isolating and lonely. How nice to be able to collaborate with others, work with choreographers, grow, and maybe do group numbers...he can reach more fans and see skaters he considers acquaintances/ friends etc.. This is his world, these are his people, no matter what some fans may feel about certain people etc.. 

I anticipated his participation in these tours (probably FaOI too), so it's no surprise to me. 

1 hour ago, SaluYuzu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

With everything that has been said about SOI, I still find it very distasteful and unpleasant -- but that's my problem and not Yuzu's or other fans' for sure. My biggest concern, again, is that the contract was signed under duress and he actually didn't have a choice -- knowing how dirty and nasty the corporate world and FS can be. The fact of the matter is, I don't believe anyone can be completely free in this world. Pray that my worries are absolutely unnecessary. The only thing I'm looking forward to is those three shows in which Yuzu participates will for sure significantly outsell the other shows on the tours.  

Spoiler

Honest question: why would the contract have been signed under duress? And why wouldn't Yuzu have a choice? To my knowledge,  which is literally based on various bits of internet gossip, SOI as an organization have avoided inviting him to participate because certain of the people in charge at SOI do not like him. It's very possible  that SOI only invited him in 2021 because the pandemic forced their hand and they had no choice. Which makes it extremely likely that they had to meet Yuzu's terms for participation,  and not the other way around.

But, no matter what the facts of the situation are (which, there's no way a fan could know), Mr. Hanyu Yuzuru is a highly intelligent 28 year old university graduate with a whole team of experts on his payroll, including an experienced PR/talent and law firm. He is, quite frankly, the CEO of his own life in every way. While I'm sure he appreciates our concern as his fans, he must be wondering why so many feel that he's not savvy enough to watch out for himself.

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:
  Hide contents

Honest question: why would the contract have been signed under duress? And why wouldn't Yuzu have a choice? To my knowledge,  which is literally based on various bits of internet gossip, SOI as an organization have avoided inviting him to participate because certain of the people in charge at SOI do not like him. It's very possible  that SOI only invited him in 2021 because the pandemic forced their hand and they had no choice. Which makes it extremely likely that they had to meet Yuzu's terms for participation,  and not the other way around.

But, no matter what the facts of the situation are (which, there's no way a fan could know), Mr. Hanyu Yuzuru is a highly intelligent 28 year old university graduate with a whole team of experts on his payroll, including an experienced PR/talent and law firm. He is, quite frankly, the CEO of his own life in every way. While I'm sure he appreciates our concern as his fans, he must be wondering why so many feel that he's not savvy enough to watch out for himself.

I may be too cynical — there are many dark and evil forces in this world working behind the scene and I don’t want Yuzu to be harmed. Again, I sincerely hope you are right and I am wrong. I know he is insanely mature, savvy and perceptive. Who knows? Maybe this could be a gateway to a soon to come world tour. I will for sure support him no matter what in my own way — such as watching only his SOI parts and not the others and not live. I personally find certain other names in the cast extremely annoying and wish Yuzu never has to mingle with them. This news is just very hard to swallow. I wish it didn’t happen right before my departure for GIFT. May GIFT lift my heart and spirit 🙏

2 hours ago, gapil27 said:

If I'm not mistaken, there's 10 shows and Yuzu will only take part in 3 shows. Which is in...? 

Ok apparently all 3 places but do we know what dates?

30 March - 9 April. They only rest on 2nd April. No break between Oshu and Yokohama. I don't know which geniuses arrange this crazy schedule but I do hope all skaters are safe and healthy.