General Yuzuru Chat

On a second thought, maybe that's his way to put the 4A

18 minutes ago, Anni said:

To be honest I didn't expect Yuzu's participate. Hopefully he can rest well after NS.:smiley-angelic001:

:huh:

Reveal hidden contents

I have some concerns, since Ilia will also participate, that the topic "4A" will come up again.:sad4:

Spoiler

On a second thought, maybe that's his way to put the 4A subject to rest. 

He may want to take a breather from running the show, and he gets to reconnect with some of the current skaters who he might want to invite to his own later. Plus you know they will have to have paid a packet to get him to headline.

Yuzu knows what he's doing, and he's chosen to star in this. I might not quite understand, but I'll support it.

45 minutes ago, SaluYuzu said:

On a second thought, maybe that's his way to put the 4A

Reveal hidden contents

On a second thought, maybe that's his way to put the 4A subject to rest. 

Spoiler

I don't think so, he just said he's "never going to give up on 4A". Though I don't know when he'll have time to practice it with all these ice shows :confused:

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

He may want to take a breather from running the show, and he gets to reconnect with some of the current skaters who he might want to invite to his own later. Plus you know they will have to have paid a packet to get him to headline.

Yuzu knows what he's doing, and he's chosen to star in this. I might not quite understand, but I'll support it.

I agree. I don't understand why he is participating since he clearly doesn't need "big name" ice shows to sell tickets but it is his choice and clearly those ice shows need him to be relevant.

And of course I personally won't buy anything about SOI even if there will be merch or online streaming (I don't believe there's going to be a live streaming for international fan since it is always broadcast on TV, but anyway I won't loose sleep, money or anything else over them). I will wait for Yuzu's cut to circulate online (and if not, oh well I'm not going to lose anything big, just same old same old - not that Yuzu's programs are "same old", it's the show that it's "same old"...)

But I do hope they are paying big money for his presence.

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

:iagree:Yuzu will have sound reasoning behind making this decision. 

There will have been a lot of persuasion ( massive understatement, trying to be diplomatic ) on the part of the organisers in order to secure someone of the calibre of Yuzu.  Yuzu will of course be the headline stand out star, until the production unfolds best to reserve judgement. 

In future more shows of Yuzu and his own stories or Yuzu and Friends, very select group of loyal friends. Please, please and a thousand thanks

I'm also quite surprised at the SOI news myself, but I do think that Yuzu truly enjoys connecting with other skaters at ice shows and personally, this is most important to me for him and I will give him my full support. We've seen how much fun he had at ice shows previously vs comps.

Also, I think participating at other ice shows can give him more experience and ideas on how to run his own future shows, though I'm sure he already has tons of them in his head. It also won't hurt for him to maintain a good working relationship with all these ice show peeps.

I understand the concerns about him not having enough time to rest and yk wanting to protect him from jmedia and certain narratives….but some reactions on Twitter are very ???? yuzu is calling the shots now, if he’s going it’s because he wants to. I feel as fans we shouldn’t be so negative so soon and at least be happy and grateful that we’ll have new yuzu footage and performances. I mean SOI has given us blinding lights yall 👀 let’s just not be so pessimistic, it’s not helpful to yuzu and we know he lurks and reads what we say.

42 minutes ago, isabelfm said:

I understand the concerns about him not having enough time to rest and yk wanting to protect him from jmedia and certain narratives….but some reactions on Twitter are very ???? yuzu is calling the shots now, if he’s going it’s because he wants to. I feel as fans we shouldn’t be so negative so soon and at least be happy and grateful that we’ll have new yuzu footage and performances. I mean SOI has given us blinding lights yall 👀 let’s just not be so pessimistic, it’s not helpful to yuzu and we know he lurks and reads what we say.

There were no ISU favorites and clowns in the last SOI Yuzu performed so I don't mind that one. 

I can understand why people are displeased with SOI, I can understand they don't like the whole thing and some skaters from the line-up, I can also understand directing those negative feelings TOWARDS the SOI organizers... but to question Yuzu and to make comments like he doesn't know what he's doing, like it's not his choice, his decision... to criticize in a mean way, that's too much

Spoiler

No one is forcing anyone to watch anything. No one is forcing anyone to buy tickets for SOI. No one is forcing Yuzu to participate (hopefully).

I understand that people want "Yuzu and Yuzu only because no one is like him", but what about him?! Doing solo ice shows all the time would be exhausting, being the producer all the time would be exhausting, participating in someone else's shows allows him to not be concerned with EVERY single detail from planning to delivering. He can focus on training and delivering his bits, all good.

Plus, if Yuzu were to simply continue doing solo-ice shows or have just a handful of skaters to ask to collaborate time and time again (thinking about NS cast), it would still alienate him from other pro-skaters and even active skaters who participate in ice shows. We already know he is set apart, but think that maybe there's more to ice shows than just who is producing what - it's also about interaction with people who have the same interest as him, there are people in that ice show I don't like, but whom Yuzu has known for years and I can imagine it's not his nature to just cut ties now that he's gone pro.

Let the man be... let him enjoy what he does ... plus, isn't Yuzu always fan-serving? In every way possible?! SOI doesn't have to be any different, watch only his parts (we know there is the group intro and outro, we know he has his own full program, watch only those). Besides, as int'l fans, our views don't contribute towards the view count of JP TV stations - Japan TV, YoiTV, they are not directly linked to Japan TV, the subscription money goes to a third party and the views are not "official" views, so rest easy.

Second thought, I put all that under spoiler, but take away this:

Yuzu doesn't have to be solo all the time, he still needs people, interactions with others who have FS as common ground + he may want ("needs" could work, too, as word, but I refrain from judging what Yuzu needs or not) to maintain professional relationships with ice shows organizers, skaters etc. It'd be much tougher for him to continue doing his own thing if the entire pro scene would be against him. So let him play nice, let him make his own decision. You - disapprove of the skaters' you don't like, disapprove about the organizational body, but do not disapprove of Yuzu's decisions - he has proved time and time again he is more than capable of making informed choices.

And if this doesn't work out for him, he'll see and react accordingly in the future, I imagine.

27 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

I can understand why people are displeased with SOI, I can understand they don't like the whole thing and some skaters from the line-up, I can also understand directing those negative feelings TOWARDS the SOI organizers... but to question Yuzu and to make comments like he doesn't know what he's doing, like it's not his choice, his decision... to criticize in a mean way, that's too much

Hide contents

No one is forcing anyone to watch anything. No one is forcing anyone to buy tickets for SOI. No one is forcing Yuzu to participate (hopefully).

I understand that people want "Yuzu and Yuzu only because no one is like him", but what about him?! Doing solo ice shows all the time would be exhausting, being the producer all the time would be exhausting, participating in someone else's shows allows him to not be concerned with EVERY single detail from planning to delivering. He can focus on training and delivering his bits, all good.

Plus, if Yuzu were to simply continue doing solo-ice shows or have just a handful of skaters to ask to collaborate time and time again (thinking about NS cast), it would still alienate him from other pro-skaters and even active skaters who participate in ice shows. We already know he is set apart, but think that maybe there's more to ice shows than just who is producing what - it's also about interaction with people who have the same interest as him, there are people in that ice show I don't like, but whom Yuzu has known for years and I can imagine it's not his nature to just cut ties now that he's gone pro.

Let the man be... let him enjoy what he does ... plus, isn't Yuzu always fan-serving? In every way possible?! SOI doesn't have to be any different, watch only his parts (we know there is the group intro and outro, we know he has his own full program, watch only those). Besides, as int'l fans, our views don't contribute towards the view count of JP TV stations - Japan TV, YoiTV, they are not directly linked to Japan TV, the subscription money goes to a third party and the views are not "official" views, so rest easy.

Second thought, I put all that under spoiler, but take away this:

Yuzu doesn't have to be solo all the time, he still needs people, interactions with others who have FS as common ground + he may want ("needs" could work, too, as word, but I refrain from judging what Yuzu needs or not) to maintain professional relationships with ice shows organizers, skaters etc. It'd be much tougher for him to continue doing his own thing if the entire pro scene would be against him. So let him play nice, let him make his own decision. You - disapprove of the skaters' you don't like, disapprove about the organizational body, but do not disapprove of Yuzu's decisions - he has proved time and time again he is more than capable of making informed choices.

And if this doesn't work out for him, he'll see and react accordingly in the future, I imagine.

Spoiler

My own frustration has nothing to do with the dichotomy of solo vs. group show. I'd love to see Yuzu interacting with his friends from both FS and other circles, but I am deeply confused and upset to see him being part of an ice show with a very tarnished brand backed by questionable sponsors, not to even mention the JSF connection. I don't think at this point of his life he is desperate for the money nor that particular ice show experience. There must be reasons I don't see and I do trust he knows what he is doing. I still can't help feeling puzzled why he wants to share stage with .... those clowns...