General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Anni said:

I just read this  🇯🇵:O0 :)

Source (updates will follow)

Reveal hidden content

Good evening or hello ALL fanyus, I just read this and will allow many fanyus to go to future Yuzu ice shows

https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/voyage/actualite/covid-19-le-japon-annonce-qu-il-va-lever-ses-restrictions-d-entrée-pour-les-touristes/ ar-AA128pxJ?cvid=be35158034f0464fa0924d76dd089904   and the YT 2 is at  :clap: 1,977,277 and here is YUZU in all its glory and its famous  :pooh: rains that will surely come back..... 

On 8/24/2022 at 7:58 AM, Goatedforever said:

July 19 actually very much felt like PC again! It was much sadder and bittersweet in a way ofc but the gathering of fans and media and the outpour of love and support really took me back to PC days. I never doubted it one bit that media would continue to follow him around especially now after emphasizing so many times that he isn’t actually retiring and that this is the beginning of something new. I’m so happy he’s continuously gathering the interest of the media which is really much more important now that he’s turned pro and this time there may be less tears (I say less because he’s only human and he will still have his own bad days!) to hide when being interviewed. 

Once again Yuzu is a pionieer. TBH, on 19 July I took a black pen and painted the day black in my calendar. I had feared the r*t day ever since I discovered Yuzu in 2018. First I didn't know what to make of all that pro-skater / pro-athlete talk. I couldn't imagine how this would NOT mean retirement. However, meanwhile I have a completely different understanding of what's going on: To me it seems that Yuzu continues his "normal" skating in parallel with the I$U competitions. He still competes without competing because for those who still watch those competitions it's still possible to compare him to the other skaters. And, what's even more important, to compare his - now free - development to their development which is restricted even more by the new rules now. I don't spend my money on attending competitions any more. So although I miss the atmosphere of competitions with Yuzu attending, I still feel some excitement: What will be Yuzu's new program? What will his costume be like? Which music will he chose? Which elements will he concentrate on? Maybe it all started when somebody asked Max Ambesi which score he would give Yuzu for his 24h TV Rondo. I had thought I would be bitter when IM landed some kind of ugly 4A but I'm not because Yuzu plays in a different league now, a higher league.

4 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Yowamushi Pedal!

For the new fanyus, I made a translation of all the Yowamushi Pedal manga illustration from two years ago, during the Tour de Tohoku. Pls take a look - very moving plus you get to see iconic places around Miyagi prefecture. 

Thanks so much for this thread - I didn't see the thread at the time these posters came out although I admired all the beautiful illustrations (and enjoyed the many comments about Yuzuru allegedly being unable to ride a bike!) Your thread is so interesting and gives the deeper meanings behind the art works....I'd love to see them displayed in real life!

3 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

Once again Yuzu is a pionieer. TBH, on 19 July I took a black pen and painted the day black in my calendar. I had feared the r*t day ever since I discovered Yuzu in 2018. First I didn't know what to make of all that pro-skater / pro-athlete talk. I couldn't imagine how this would NOT mean retirement. However, meanwhile I have a completely different understanding of what's going on: To me it seems that Yuzu continues his "normal" skating in parallel with the I$U competitions. He still competes without competing because for those who still watch those competitions it's still possible to compare him to the other skaters. And, what's even more important, to compare his - now free - development to their development which is restricted even more by the new rules now. I don't spend my money on attending competitions any more. So although I miss the atmosphere of competitions with Yuzu attending, I still feel some excitement: What will be Yuzu's new program? What will his costume be like? Which music will he chose? Which elements will he concentrate on? Maybe it all started when somebody asked Max Ambesi which score he would give Yuzu for his 24h TV Rondo. I had thought I would be bitter when IM landed some kind of ugly 4A but I'm not because Yuzu plays in a different league now, a higher league.

This. Tbh it would be unfair to everyone if Yuzu still compete now because it's like you have these level 20ish skaters and then bam Yuzuru Hanyu lvl 99 entering comps lol (final boss bgm playing). That would be an overkill (eventhough he'll be underscored A LOT but everyone with eyes can see the huge gap). The more i think about it the more i feel indifferent about some skaters/jsf/isu using his name for clout because Yuzuru right now is playing a different league, he is aiming higher than any of these people could ever dream of.  Others can have their crumbs because in the end Yuzu have the entire feast.