General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Figure skating did have its Federer but not a worthy Nadal. So, their solution was to "erase" their "Federer". Ask Ito from JSF.

Wasn't the Laver Cup match and treasuring of Roger a a fabulous occasion?? It made me upset thinking "This is the goodbye Yuzuru deserved too".  I did an instastory about it with a photo of Roger waving to the audience who were all stood in adoration of and gratitude to him - my post said Yuzuru is a Federer too, makes the sport look easy, grace and elegance, magical, technical excellence, a true artist, healing, massive popularity, a beautiful man on and off the court, making the point that Yuzu should have had this type of sendoff too - I deleted it though, because many people have moved on from the bitterness....(anyway I suppose JSF/ISU still have the chance to give him a good sendoff, we will see)

Roger will be sticking around, we will see him lots, the sport will court him, they will want him there.  FS with Yuzu? Nah....it's like they can't wait to forget him, and hope we all do to. No chance!!

I am not sure Rafa would have played in this Laver Cup if Roger hadn't been so keen to play his last match alongside him - this rivalry and friendship is one of true respect and loyalty, no resentment. Nadal is so amazing, my fave in fact, but he has always made clear he sees Roger as the very best, probably ever. I wish Yuzuru's rivals could have been like that, Yuzu invited his to his own iceshow, and he didn't turn up...mind you, not many sports rivals have such a bond.

Rafa is gonna feel as sad as John Mac did when Borg retired, as sad as Yuzu did when Javi retired, like Rafa, Yuzu also sang his rival and friend Javi's praises to the roof but didn't get the same back, so many similarities, such glaring differences in the way the sports love and care for their athletes.

ANYWAY Yuzuru is on tv soon folks, lets hope he looks as happy and relaxed as he did on Oh! Bandes!!