General Yuzuru Chat

47 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

That's really true. Because of Yuzu, there is such a high demand from international audiences.

I’m honestly a tad bit shocked abt this, jmedia adapting to its international audience quickly like this? I never though probable! 

No complaints, this is wonderful for us and hopefully wonderful for all those in Japan who have been working towards making their language and content more accessible , may this be just the start!

Can’t help but think how much of a great influence Yuzu is on the media / news industry, no matter if as an amateur or pro.

18 minutes ago, SaluYuzu said:

What kind stamps are these? Official stamps issued by the post office? 

https://raffinee-shop.com/

There seem to be various portfolios of stamps and other photographs available to purchase. 

Pre sale has ended - due to popular demand for the packs

General orders from October

Hope that helps

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
3 hours ago, Perelandra said:

some exhibition pictures

Have we seen this before? I recognize the hand puppet lady Pooh. Maybe she is a super lucky and well-organized fan attending this exhibition and the previous one. Do you remember that she bought about 6 carrier bags of treats, during her last interview? Lucky, lucky (her receipt was almost the entire roll of cash register paper!!!)

YES I remember her very well with her puppets  :pooh:and was impressed by the length of her receipt taller than me which is 1.59m  :peek: and she wears the commemorative t-shirt of the Olympic victory parade of April 22, 2018 ( it's purple on the right) and I would like to be there (and I think I'm not the only one  :girlsigh:

https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/172627575772/have-you-ordered-your-yuzu-t-thats-what-the 

20 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Once again, Scotty, teleport me to Japan!:extraterrestrial:

These are so beautiful!:heart:

[NEW]

I come with :animated-smileys-angels-151:you

This is a great article on Tenchi program - with some historical background and interpretation by a Chinese fanyu.  Published on Medium which should be accessible publicly without subscription but apparently there are some regions where this is geoblocked.  I have downloaded the printout of the article in case someone needs to access it.

TTCT is my favorite Free program so far, and I hope Yuzu continues to perform and evolve the content.  There is so much content to explore within this story.  I wrote about this program when it was first presented in JNats 2020, because I still remember watching the original Taiga Drama (NHK year-long masterpiece theatre-like production), also called Ten-to-Chi-to, when I was just a teeny tiny tod.  So when I heard the title of the new program in 2020, I was highly sceptical that it was about the same story because I thought it would be near impossible to bring the Taiga theme into figure skating.  I was happily proven wrong, and was floored by Yuzu's ability to bring such a complex story into his performance.  He has matured beyond Seimei - which is a masterpiece of choreography, but the original story and narrative of the movie Seimei is rather simple and straightforward, good for entertainment.  But TTCT drama is on another level - it is a complex, philosophical, and deeply emotive story of a military and intellectual giant, who died too early in the Sengoku era to see its conclusion, but he left a legacy that made him a legend beyond the history books.  Thanks to Yuzu, the younger generation in Japan are being re-introduced to this amazing story. 

Original article on Medium:

https://medium.com/@mingyueqianshen1207/to-be-with-heaven-and-earth-his-philosophy-of-existence-ff321251b62

7 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

That's really true. Because of Yuzu, there is such a high demand from international audiences.

I think Yuzu has also changed the way newspapers and magazines work. Has there ever been a person who got so much coverage and filled pages and pages of magazines and even newspapers on a regular basis? I don't think so. And the publishers know what they're doing. After all, all this Yuzu content sells like hot cakes, new editions have to be printed etc. What a phenomenon Yuzu is! :wink_star: 

Too true. Now that they have concrete data from Yuzu’s YT channel they can finally see it’s not a loss to invest on Yuzu. I may sound like a broken record but I mean, 3 million views for a two hour video? In over a month? Not discounting Yuzu’s other videos but I keep referencing SharePractice because the video is long and people still want to watch it. Amazing! 

On 8/8/2022 at 5:59 PM, Sombreuil said:

I find all dislikes weird tbh - if I don’t like an individual I don’t look at content to do with them.  If it’s someone/something I don’t know anything about and when I look at it it’s not interesting or amusing I just move on.  It seems unkind to ‘dislike ‘ just because it’s not to my taste.   I am well aware that there are many people out there who delight in doing so but it seems mean spirited to me when you can just not look at it .

Really strange. :facepalm: I usually avoid watching videos of NC or IM. So torturing myself by watching them just to dislike them is just so out of question! :rofl2:

2 hours ago, Anabel said:

It's amazing to think that the legend of Yuzu can still get bigger. It's amazing how he always goes one step further. I guess Yuzu could fit into the "infinite" category.

Someone posted a snippet of RJ 1.0 from WC 2012

Yuzu was showing the promise of greatness then. Wonderful skating, full of emotion and expression, determination to complete his programme even after the slip and fall. His genuine delight at winning a bronze medal. The commentators all stated that Yuzu would be something special, they knew that they had witnessed an incomparable young talent. There was no hype. Yuzu himself demonstrated that he was a hard worker and did not expect favours, did not display any arrogance or desire to court the various media present. 

This was an outstanding performance delivered by an outstanding athlete.

Nobody needed to say 'oh he will mature' or 'he's young, he will improve his skills' nor did anyone need to excuse his behaviour. Here was a youngster learning and observing and just wanting the skating to speak for him.

All of these wonderful qualities are the numerous reasons why Yuzu gains supporters with every appearance, both on and off the ice. The journey continues, how fortunate for satellites to orbit around Yuzu

Slightly off topic

Spoiler

Roger Federer has also just announced his retirement. 2 GOATs in one year. 🥲

@Anabel that is good news! I have unused flight tickets to Japan from 2020 which are just sitting in my refunds. I was hoping to catch one of Yuzu’s ice shows if the pandemic didn’t happen. Hopefully, we can all travel next year and watch Yuzu’s ice show. I’d love to meet fellow Satellites in person! 

5 hours ago, Anabel said:

It seems that tomorrow there will be a Kishida-san press conference to announce more tourism opening. Tomorrow it will be confirmed if they finally allow individual tourism without a travel agency and if they withdraw the daily quota.

:snonegai:

wishing the best for those who can go to japan after this news in advance!