General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone. I am very happy to share this update on Yuzu's bios page with you too:

I really think that Yuzu has long deserved to get a proper, thorough compilation of all his technical skills. So many skaters, journalists, and other experts have called him the greatest or most complete or perfect fusion of athleticism and artistry etc. But there was no detailed breakdown of his actual skills anywhere, and it was a real challenge to dig out all these different sources.

Now we finally have this section on Wikipedia, and we hope that many will read it. To understand why Yuzu is not just a good performer and crowd magnet with a pretty face, but an insane athlete through and through.

Thank you so much for your tremendous effort! Baby fanyus like myself are immensely grateful. 

16 hours ago, Anni said:

If I understand correctly, should someone copy posted interviews, TV dates etc. to the separate thread? I can do this with help of another satellite.  But honestly I have no idea how to open a thread.  And how do we want to name this?:scratch2:

Older tweets etc. could be marked with #throwback?

If you think I can help, let me know. :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

16 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone. I am very happy to share this update on Yuzu's bios page with you too:

I really think that Yuzu has long deserved to get a proper, thorough compilation of all his technical skills. So many skaters, journalists, and other experts have called him the greatest or most complete or perfect fusion of athleticism and artistry etc. But there was no detailed breakdown of his actual skills anywhere, and it was a real challenge to dig out all these different sources.

Now we finally have this section on Wikipedia, and we hope that many will read it. To understand why Yuzu is not just a good performer and crowd magnet with a pretty face, but an insane athlete through and through.

Greatly appreciate you and your Wiki team’s work in giving Yuzu some justices by highlighting (backed by data) how great his technical skills are. 

PS: I know I'm late (am still catching up on the posts here) but with the rehab sessions you are/were attending, I pray and wish for you a full recovery from your illness. 

20 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

To start a new thread, click "Start new topic" :68271262:

DzkT1KA.jpg

13 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I was thinking of a simple table like this, a new table could be done every week or 2 weeks, depending on how busy things are:

Reveal hidden contents
Date Event Info/Source Streaming link (if necessary)
19 September 2022, between 15:50-19.00 JST  Miyagi TV / OH!Bandesu program Yuzu will appear live on TV YouTube
15 - 28 September 2022 Yuzuru Hanyu exhibition in Sendai

Last stop of the exhibition

info

-
etc....      

Haha, sounds good :thumbsup:

Thank you for the explanation. :agree:

5 hours ago, Elly said:

If you think I can help, let me know. :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

That's really very kind of you Elly, I will definitely like to come back to your offer. :yes:

19 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you very much for your work! As said, it helps to further understand the greatness of Hanyu Yuzuru :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Hope your recovery is going well :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

7 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Turkey’s sport TV: three athletes who left their marks on sports retired this year.

It takes Turkey TV to put Yuzu's name alongside Roger and Serena and acknowledge he is among the greatest in the sports world. Western media would never do that -- which is outrageous and sad. I am a big fan of Rafa and my love for him was so intense that I couldn't watch him play live due to extreme nervousness. The discovery of Yuzu during the Beijing Olympics, however, changed me forever. Both Rafa and Roger all of a sudden seem mere mortals to me while Yuzu is GOD. Don't get me wrong the tennis greats are supreme athletes with big personalities, but there is just something transcendental about Yuzu that sets him far apart and above all of the other legends.