General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, SaluYuzu said:

Try to be objective Yuzu! How can you not like yourself?! You promised you were going to cherish yourself like we cherish you from now on ...

I understand him 100% lol

I also don’t like myself at all and people always take it to heart if I say it out loud LOL

I will not get personal on a public forum, but the older he gets the more comfortable he will be about just saying these. 
Watching Yuzu adulting in front our own very eyes is magical ~ 

edit: and as @Kizuna pointed out, that just shines a bright light on his character, once again. In the midst of overthinking and perfectionism he still shows maturity, confidence in himself and in what he learns, and channel all of that towards gratefulness and the bettering of his skills. True warrior! 

(Also, his support system is amazing)

2 hours ago, vd_turnan said:

Oh my God, Lia! As a fellow Romanian, I'm so happy for your question being shown. I didn't even know there are so many fanyus here, as I haven't met with one from Romania personally. 🤗

*waving desperately* Nice to meet a fellow Romanian Fanyu!!! I know one other and that's it, always happy to see that more exist (which I am sure that they do beyond the 3 of us, haha)😂

I got emotional exactly because it was an after thought to add Romania - played the card of maybe eye-catcher for the person handling the incoming questions. I really really wanted Yuzu to know he has fans EVERYWHERE. I did not expect them to ACTUALLY show it.

Unfortunately, Yuzu did not answer it - the hosts just acknowledged they received letters from overseas

Edit: Got overly excited and forgot to add. My DMs are open if you ever want to talk ☺️

I only have one thing to say about Yuzu saying that he doesn't like himself much.

The fact that he feels this way, and still manages to bring himself to face all those challenges head on for all the world to see (while knowing all his naysayers are watching), carry himself well as an extremely famous person, and have great confidence in his own abilities (which, as a fact, is great), really speaks volumes about his mental fortitude.

A lot of people would have crumbled under all that.

But I would still wish that Yuzu wouldn't feel that way and come to love himself. :grouphug:

Something that caught my attention in that interview (if what I read was translated correctly) - is that Yuzu has received a lot of offers and not only from ice shows, but probably acting, variety show appearances, modeling, and possibly film roles. Now it's possible Yuzu has simply received offers to join talent agencies that would give him these roles, but I do think Yuzu is popular and attractive enough that the Japanese entertainment industry would love to capitalize on him. 

I understand and respect that Yuzu wants to focus on purely skating at the moment, but a selfish part of me desperately wants to see actor Yuzu. With some training and the right role I could see him being an excellent actor because he already interprets music so well on the ice. I do wonder if potentially another reason Yuzu avoids acting is so that he is not seen as an idol because he wants to be purely seen as an athlete (which, again, I respect). It wouldn't surprise me if some higher ups in the past have derided Yuzu in the past because of his "idol looks" (for example: saying his popularity is only because of his looks).  But if he did take more entertainment opportunities it could also open more doors to ice show possibilities - more connections, resources, etc. 

15 minutes ago, KendallKlaire said:

I understand and respect that Yuzu wants to focus on purely skating at the moment, but a selfish part of me desperately wants to see actor Yuzu. With some training and the right role I could see him being an excellent actor because he already interprets music so well on the ice. 

What about bald Zuru :sorrow:

26 minutes ago, YuDai said:

What about bald Zuru :sorrow:

The Magnificent Nine appearance. Yuzu's father checked the script to ensure that the film was something that benefitted Sendai. Was really great for Yuzu to play the role of Date Shigemura.

There will be ample opportunity for Yuzu to take up lots of offers when he feels the time is right. 

Yuzu has his Sekkisei campaign and as a living muse everyone will want Yuzu as brand ambassador or to appear in films or just reading for audio books, as well as modelling clothing, too much choice.

I'm sure Yuzu will want to be selective and concentrate on skating and concepts for ice shows as priority