General Yuzuru Chat

I was surfing through GP Finland's website and noticed very interesting picture choice here

https://en.stll.fi/gp-2022/schedule/

Now I'm debating with myself if it means anything and should I gamble with tickets on Monday even in the worst case scenario where we don't have the assignments by then.

And it probably doesn't mean anything since they are using also the winners' picture from GP 2018 elsewhere on the site. But now there is this annoying little voice in my head asking "what if?"

14 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

I was surfing through GP Finland's website and noticed very interesting picture choice here

Now I'm debating with myself if it means anything and should I gamble with tickets on Monday even in the worst case scenario where we don't have the assignments by then.

And it probably doesn't mean anything since they are using also the winners' picture from GP 2018 elsewhere on the site. But now there is this annoying little voice in my head asking "what if?"

I understand your doubts and join them... On the one hand it seems that... But on the other hand it could be that... But there is still tomorrow to despair... This is not healthy even for a strong heart...

15 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

:shocked:This is tempting, very tempting indeed...

42 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

:giggle: Good luck!  

Edit : I quoted wrong post sorry!

There are still 2 weeks in between Espoo and GPF. However, if he were to do NHK, then he'd have 3 weeks in between. Assuming he gets Skate Canada, that'd be a 3-week gap between SC & NHK too. Otherwise it'd be a 4-week gap between SC & Espoo.

Logically, it'd be best with NHK instead of Espoo... but again, Yuzu did do GP assignments that took place 2 weeks apart

Permutations, combinations and arrangements, I'm tired of them

1 hour ago, Xiupia said:

I will throw fuel into this fire @YuDai and @lajoitko

Hide contents

Espoo event is already so much more expensive than SCI that I cannot fanthom how would they sell those tickets otherwise LOL

Anyway! Let’s see! 

Let me join in this guessing game. It is possible that both new hosts only agreed to host the GPs if they would get a certain two-time Olympic champion. As far as I know, that's what happened in 2018 for the Helsinki GP.

Perhaps the ISU couldn't make the announcements yet because they're fighting with the JSF over Yuzu. Obviously, the JSF would want to squeeze out as much money as they can with Yuzu by having him compete at the NHK Trophy. (I now have this movie in my mind with the ISU and JSF people bitch slapping each other. :10814716:)

Anyway, if Yuzu should participate in the GP series and get the one in the UK and the one in Finland, it would probably be best if he would stay in Europe until after the GPF, as traveling back and forth would be way too exhausting and time-consuming.

But yeah, we shall see. Life is really never boring as a Fanyu. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Yuzu could stay at Champery and use that as a base to tour around Europe to the comps and not risk jet lag. Flight times are all 3h Switzerland to UK, 4h Switzerland to Finland, (3 h Switzerland to Angers ) Switzerland to Turin 2h. Max time difference -1h UK

Of people can play fantasy football league, this is my fantasy skating championship

@Yuzurella

I concur, seeing as the new ISU president already stated that Korea does not want to step in for CoC, as replacement host die to unviable in terms of cost, there would have to be major inducement for any organisation to agree to host. 

As I have written elsewhere, every OGM is indisposed. Men's - hiatus/ on a break, Women's ( and silver medallist ) - nation banned, Pairs - COVID travel restriction, Ice Dance - retired

OGM from 2014, 2018 all retired

Only Yuzu remains as a champion still competing. No disrespect to medallists of silver or bronze stature, but organisers want to say that Olympic Gold medalist is competing

Yuzu is THE ONE that everyone wants

ISU have already indicated that JSF is not their most important ally, as the VP they voted in is Canadian not the Japanese candidate