General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, Lynn487 said:

Does anyone know what the names of the songs from the opening and ending group performances of FaOI this year are? They are stuck in my head, but I don't know how to search it up. :scratch3:

I believe the opening is Afternoon Parade by Suga Shikao.  But I'm not sure about the closing.  I know it's in the Ice Show threads for Makuhari and Nagoya somewhere though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKatJwXyRtw

34 minutes ago, Lynn487 said:

Does anyone know what the names of the songs from the opening and ending group performances of FaOI this year are? They are stuck in my head, but I don't know how to search it up. :scratch3:

Here you go:

17 minutes ago, Mona_Melissa said:

I believe the opening is Afternoon Parade by Suga Shikao.  But I'm not sure about the closing.  I know it's in the Ice Show threads for Makuhari and Nagoya somewhere though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKatJwXyRtw

Just now, Elly said:

Here you go:

Thank ya'll so much! Now they can be stuck in my head even more lol :8232307:

:xD::xD::xD:

9 minutes ago, Lynn487 said:

Thank ya'll so much! Now they can be stuck in my head even more lol :8232307:

:xD::xD::xD:

They've been stuck in my head for over 2 weeks now, so I know the feeling. :giggle:

From new Figure Skating magazine 2021-2022 Vol.6: Photographer Toru Yaguchi & Ryosuke Menju talks about Yuzu

[NEWS]

Yaguchi-san (Makuhari show):

"I could feel that Hanyu-kun is so relaxed and smooth on the ice. And it's because of his spectacular skills that he's able to skate so smoothly, so good. And as soon as he splashed water on his head and did all sorts of jumps, the entire venue was lit I really believe he has built a strong relationship with his fans and it's credited to him. This is what I felt seeing him skate there."

:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I like this fan edit :heart:

20 hours ago, shina07 said:

I really wish there will be a live broadcast :sadPooh:

Yes, me too!!!:snonegai:

Hi Lovely Satellites

Couple of what might be really foolish questions and this might not be the correct thread, apologies in advance

I was wondering, because I may have missed the project, did the Planet organise a message of support for Yuzu after Beijing?

Ages ago, I recall that a satellite was going to attend ?COR? and was planning to buy a massive Pooh to throw "about the size of an average 3 yo". I really hope that whoever it was managed to attend that comp, find a huge Pooh and throw it. Sorry but it brings smile to my face even thinking about it and the logistics of finding said Pooh to purchase, getting him to the venue and launching him onto the ice:dancingpooh: I would really love to know how this venture went

Spoiler

I sent a letter to Yuzu and some Pooh themed gifts, to say thank you for everything, I also included a handmade Congratulations for Graduating card. I thanked Yuzu especially for the message which was published in Japanese newspaper for health care workers.

I am a Doc working in ITU and Anaesthesia, I also contracted COVID through my work exposure, around the time of Yuzu's message, I ended up being admitted to ITU myself, critically ill with COVID. ( I have written about this in COVID thread and my experience working through the COVID surges, so won't go on about that harrowing time here )

During my recovery, still ongoing, rewatching Yuzu performance videos and reading interviews has truly helped me. Like Yuzu after the earthquake, I know that every day going forward has to count. Sorry to be bit maudlin

We knew GP assignments will be announced in late June but there are reports it may be on June 30.

"Sources tell" Russia's event be moved to Finland, no rumour on the China event, though. 

I would go to Finland (if Yuzu's assigned) and I would go to Turin. Although Canada may invite him, too? Who knows! 

10 minutes ago, Sun_Rise said:

We knew GP assignments will be announced in late June but there are reports it may be on June 30.

"Sources tell" Russia's event be moved to Finland, no rumour on the China event, though. 

I would go to Finland (if Yuzu's assigned) and I would go to Turin. Although Canada may invite him, too? Who knows! 

That would be my dream! I was lucky once to see Yuzu in Finland and Italy and probably can’t hope to be that lucky again.  🙏🏻🍀 It has cost me a fortune to go to both events with my family but I don’t regret a single cent. This time I would go alone as it’s not during school holidays, so I’m thinking about joining in case the Planet plans to organise group tickets again ...

8 minutes ago, Ulrinis said:

That would be my dream! I was lucky once to see Yuzu in Finland and Italy and probably can’t hope to be that lucky again.  🙏🏻🍀 It has cost me a fortune to go to both events with my family but I don’t regret a single cent. This time I would go alone as it’s not during school holidays, so I’m thinking about joining in case the Planet plans to organise group tickets again ...

Have the group tickets been for all-event tickets in the past? How expensive were they? (I guess there will be no single-event tickets left if you-know-who decides to attend).

14 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

While my daughter joined me watching parts of the ISU Congress, her dad did some research and found an old article in "Die Welt". It's astonishing that this article was published in December 2002 but the content sounds very familiar. So people have been fighting the current development for 20 years - in vain.

https://www.welt.de/print-welt/article307428/Der-Applaus-und-die-Zweifel-von-Katarina-Witt.html

Hope the link works (sorry, this is my first time linking an article). Not sure if there is an official English version - and sorry in case this has been posted here before (maybe years ago). So here is my translation. I may not have used the correct terminology in the part where the technical aspects of jumps are described. Maybe @Henni147 or @Annicould check and make necessary corrections ...

Reveal hidden contents

The applause and the doubts of Katarina Witt

Published on 20.12.2002

Miki Ando (14) is the first woman to do a quadruple jump. But Japan's new figure skating talent does not earn admiration only.

By Markus Burkhardt

Figure skating appears to be at the threshold to a new era. The Japanese Miki Ando (14) was the first woman to land a quadruple Salchow on Sunday in The Hague. The world premiere was not a big surprise, since Ando's teammates Yoshie Onda and Fumie Suguri had attempted the jump earlier this year but stumbled on landing.

The figure skating world politely applauded Ando. Also Katarina Witt, two-time Olympic champion, declared: “I take my hat off to the courage of the girl. Landing a quadruple jump is an enormous athletic achievement.” However, Witt has doubts as to whether adding ever more difficult jumps to free programs is good for figure skating: “Figure skating, that’s not just the jumps. They are important for the technical score but our sport also has something to do with art - which must not be lost, otherwise the spectators will stay away.”

Witt knows what she is talking about. Last Sunday she impressed the audience at the gala of the German Skating Union (DEU) in Frankfurt/Main which was watched by almost three million viewers - despite the simultaneous ski jumping broadcast from Titisee-Neustadt. "Katarina is simply unique on the ice," says DEU President Reinhard Mirmseker (52). He is also one of the most experienced judges in the world and the quadruple premiere does not trigger any euphoria in him: "If I could, I would stop the development. Even with the triples, most women already jump to the limit. I often get annoyed about the series of falls at international championships - and this is where the world’s elite is present.”

Mirmseker, who is the head of entertainment at the regional broadcasting station MDR, knows the laws of the market. He therefore dreads the new development: "Many female skaters will now practice quadruples, although they will never master them. Practicing them, the girls lose the time they need for learning a proper choreography for their programs.”

Even the men already reach their limits when trying quadruple jumps. This is also confirmed by the studies of the biomechanics expert Dr. Karin Knoll from the Institute for Training Science (IAT) in Leipzig: "We have carried out exact measurements. For completing four rotations, a skater must be in the air for at least 0.70 seconds.”

Among all top skaters, the Australian Liu has currently the longest time in the air, exactly 0.78 seconds. So, in theory, even a quadruple Axel would be possible. The hardest of all jumps is characterized by a forward take-off and a backward landing, so it always has an extra semi-rotation.

"The Salchow is an exception among the quadruples", says Knoll, "Evgeni Plushenko managed a quadruple Salchow in Gelsenkirchen, although he was in the air for only 0.66 seconds." The reason: The Salchow is actually jumped backwards on the left, but recently jumpers (skaters) use to pre-rotate on the ice and lift off in forward direction. Knoll assumes: "That's how the Japanese skater did it. She achieved an enormous angular momentum as a result." Despite being a scientist Knoll remarks: "The jumpers (skaters) use to run over ice today, jump and run again. In Kati Witt’s free programs the jumps used to be just the icing on the cake.”

Thank you for sharing this article, I didn't know it yet. Since I unfortunately don't have much idea about jumps etc.:redface: Henni  would definitely be the better help.:yes:

:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

33 minutes ago, YuDai said:

Have the group tickets been for all-event tickets in the past? How expensive were they? (I guess there will be no single-event tickets left if you-know-who decides to attend).

This can probably be answered by the fanyus who organised group tickets last time. I had bought 3 all-event tickets in a row, so no group price. Not sure what kind of single tickets were left after all-event tickets went on sale. As access to training was only included in all-event tickets for both competitions (unlike Montpellier for example), I had concentrated on getting these.