General Yuzuru Chat

I want to thank Yuzu for giving us the presents we need in this depressing world.:angel3-smiley:

My favourite part in H&E is the step sequence, especially when he stopped for a moment then moved his hand. I don't know much about Japanese theatre, but it feels like he is on the stage with a sword.

10 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Has this already been posted? A Russian perspective on JSF's judging of Yuzuru Hanyu.

Hanyu returned triumphantly, but was tried by the Japanese judges. Why are they interfering with their own in Japan?

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/reviews/figurnoe-katanie-chempionat-yaponii-hanyu-i-kihira-vzyali-zoloto-sudeystvo-v-yaponii-1742583/

Wow, that headline REALLY highlights just how diametrically opposed the RusFed and JSF attitudes towards judging their best athletes are.

4 hours ago, barbara said:

Just waiting for my chance to put my satellite ID badge on and see everyone again (also, I will be wearing a Pooh face mask).

Me too, but why did my post from March suddenly resurface?

Incidentally, I still have lots of those badges left. If anyone wants one, customised or not, DM me and I'll send you the deets.

12 hours ago, Henni147 said:

For the SP I could picture a program with a similar concept. Imagine a tango that is meant to be danced with two, but skated alone by Yuzu portraying both - an elegant, passionate man and a graceful, sensual woman - and switching between the two roles back and forth

Okay that instantly made me think of this performance, especially the first 30 seconds:

but I honestly can't picture Yuzu skating to something like this. He could probably do a really good job but at some level it's an energy mismatch. Yuzu's energy is a lot brighter and higher, not languid.

11 hours ago, yuzupon said:

If a spin in one position with change of foot is executed with a basic position with not less than 2 revolutions on one foot only and no basic position with not less than 2 revolutions on the other foot, it will receive: In Short Program “no value“. In Free Skating it will be marked with sign “V”."

This sounds like what they're saying is that the rule is that there must be at least 2 revolutions in a basic position on each foot, in the spin, before variations can be added. In other words, they're dinging Yuzu's score because he didn't use a basic position for at least 2 revolutions on the second foot?

:shrug: I don't get it. And the English grammar of this rule is atrocious and almost malignantly ambiguous.

12 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The article I read said it was the same online program of Human Information Sciences that Yuzu did.

:offtopic2:

Spoiler

same article

"Six days before the second consecutive championship in the All Japan Championship, Kihira had another joy. Notification of acceptance of Waseda University School of Human Sciences, an e-school (correspondence course).

(...)

Hanyu is Human Information Science, Kihira has a different department from Health and Welfare Science."