General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, Fay said:

All I have available are Toblerone chocolates.... and a bottle of wine. Everything else is eaten.

That does sound like what would be consumed during a luxurious but regretful night. 

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

That does sound like what would be consumed during a luxurious but regretful night. 

Don't give me ideas - or I'll start regretting missing CoR2011 at once...

6 minutes ago, Roby said:

I've just finished watching Onmyoji (at this point I'm starting preparing myself for the possible Seimei 2.0 :bash::10636614:) and now, thanks to this food talk, I think I'll have a midnight snack :facepalm:

How was it? I've considered watching it but I thought I should prepare myself for the kind of slow historical type of Japanese movie. 

15 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

How was it? I've considered watching it but I thought I should prepare myself for the kind of slow historical type of Japanese movie. 

I loved it - I enjoyed the second one more than the first. Watched it some dozen of times.

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

I loved it - I enjoyed the second one more than the first. Watched it some dozen of times.

Oooh, then I'll surely watch both of them. I'm already in love with both OST's. 

Also, I've read that long post on the International Fan Group on facebook, with all those comments from Yuzu Russian Fans. It was amazing! I am sure Yuzuru will feel all of that Russian love during CoR. He will be the most acclaimed skater, I am sure, and not only thanks to his Japanese fans travelling with him. 

Aaah, I really want there to be banners with the Forum's name now...

Not that I really care, but I don't understand why everyone is bashing Yuzu's singing ability without actually having heard him sing.

I have no idea whether he is tone deaf or not, but I refuse to speculate without any solid evidence.

As Hydro pointed out, he was not singing in that Xylitol White CM clip. He was just being asked to say "white" ("howaito") in a certain way which he had difficulty doing.

This "H-O-W-A-I-T-O" was what they were attempting to achieve:

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Oooh, then I'll surely watch both of them. I'm already in love with both OST's. 

Also, I've read that long post on the International Fan Group on facebook, with all those comments from Yuzu Russian Fans. It was amazing! I am sure Yuzuru will feel all of that Russian love during CoR. He will be the most acclaimed skater, I am sure, and not only thanks to his Japanese fans travelling with him. 

Aaah, I really want there to be banners with the Forum's name now...

The long post is also here!

Thank you - it was fun translating so much gushing about Yuzu!

3 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Not that I really care, but I don't understand why everyone is bashing Yuzu's singing ability without actually having heard him sing.

I think it's just a joke, because we all say he's perfect all the time, and talk 24/7 about that, so it's amusing for some to think that maybe we found the one thing he is not extremely good at xD

I think most of us would listen to him singing for hours anyways, whether he is good at it or not, tbh :laughing:

11 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I think he's got a very good ear - he can hear nuances in notes/sounds...

If he can translate that to singing in tune is another thing...

I don't think we'll ever hear him sing though unless by accident... haha

tumblr_optavxvY2C1ridwdyo3_500.gif

Credit: http://tsukihoshi14.tumblr.com

I think he must be shy about that :P still doesn't mean he's bad at it :D  maybe he is just acceptable and that is not enough for him :P 

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I think he must be shy about that :P still doesn't mean he's bad at it :D  maybe he is just acceptable and that is not enough for him :P 

Hahaha.. He sort of equates/compares everything to skating (fabric conditioner, shampoo, toothbrush :rofl:).

So, if somehow he thinks he can improve his skating through singing, I'm sure he'll do everything to be perfect.

He's got the capacity for it - being able to pinpoint sound/notes/being in tune.

Meanwhile, I'm forever tone deaf so I'm not in a position to comment. :13877886: