General Yuzuru Chat

Just, can I please not have it done by Hollywood? 

I wouldn't be able to stand the inevitable exaggerated drama, whitewashing, and unnecessary romance. I mean, you know. Being the naturally sceptical person I am, I can see a million different ways a movie about Yuzuru Hanyu would be botched.

And so, can this movie be out when I finally learn Japanese, so that I don't miss out on any nuance the English language often unable to capture? :biggrin:

22 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

iirc he said once that he would want Fukushi Sota to play him

Probably an unpopular opinion but I really don't like Sota Fukushi :slinkaway: Nothing against him personally, I just find that his acting (in my opinion) is very wooden and distracting. Sorry Yuzu.... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

1 minute ago, dotsquare said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I really don't like Sota Fukushi :slinkaway: Nothing against him personally, I just find that his acting (in my opinion) is very wooden and distracting. Sorry Yuzu.... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

i agree 100% with this [but i'm weak and he's cute]

3 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Just, can I please not have it done by Hollywood? 

I wouldn't be able to stand the inevitable exaggerated drama, whitewashing, and unnecessary romance. I mean, you know. Being the naturally sceptical person I am, I can see a million different ways a movie about Yuzuru Hanyu would be botched.

And so, can this movie be out when I finally learn Japanese, so that I don't miss out on any nuance the English language often unable to capture? :biggrin:

That would be hilariously tragic because Yuzu is so focused on training that any added stuffs could be fake

Spoiler

But I like train wreck:pouty:

5 minutes ago, robin said:

:8: if it has to be done, it better be a Japanese production 100%

I think it'll will be produced in Japan first, but I could definitely see Hollywood trying to do a remake please let that not happen, they've ruined so many good Japanese movies with sucky remakes 

1 minute ago, dotsquare said:

I think it'll will be produced in Japan first, but I could definitely see Hollywood trying to do a remake please let that not happen, they've ruined so many good Japanese movies with sucky remakes 

The remake possibility is indeed bigger. Also, yes. Please let that not happen.:14066882:

Just now, dotsquare said:

I think it'll will definitely be produced in Japan first, but I could definitely see Hollywood trying to do a remake please let that not happen, they've ruined so many good Japanese movies with sucky remakes 

I'm already annoyed thinking about it. Either it will be a disrespectfully cheap production and flop or it will get popular and everyone around me will ask me about the movie and I'll have to rant about how inaccurate and annoying the movie is everytime while the ones asking will tell me to chill but how do you chill when it's about Yuzu?

Hmm what I am also worried about is what if the actor can't skate?? Even if they can, no one can imitate his skating :/

Just now, robin said:

I'm already annoyed thinking about it. Either it will be a disrespectfully cheap production and flop or it will get popular and everyone around me will ask me about the movie and I'll have to rant about how inaccurate and annoying the movie is everytime while the ones asking will tell me to chill but how do you chill when it's about Yuzu?

Hmm what I am also worried about is what if the actor can't skate?? Even if they can, no one can imitate his skating :/

In a lot of sport movies, they hire stunt double.

Spoiler

With the tonys Harding movie, they used a stunt double and actual footage from competition

5 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

In a lot of sport movies, they hire stunt double.

Hide contents

With the tonys Harding movie, they used a stunt double and actual footage from competition

But it still won't be Yuzu

eta: I guess what I could accept is a documentary type of movie where they use actual competition footage and if they absolutely have to reenact scenes off-ice they can use an actor.

2 minutes ago, robin said:

Ahahaha! Imagine watching a stunt double-Yuzu for actor Yuzu do the most beautiful 4lz for COR which is actually to knowledgeable FS fans a UR 3f done with the wrong edge.

I mean even the Olympics channel and Hollywood's I, Tonya got some of the facts wrong.

hace 1 minuto , robin said:

I've read that the I, Tonya filmmakers couldn't find an actress who could land a 3A for that epic scene in the movie... where are they going to find an actor to perform the 4A in Yuzu's film?:xD: