General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Fulcher said:

But it's wrong, it should be

The two times Olympic gold medalist Yuzuru Hanyu is the unofficial mascot of Winnie the Pooh . Stuffed Pooh bears are often thrown on the ice in large numbers after he finishes his programs.

We all know that Pooh is the real evil mastermind

20 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

They asked newly accepted students of Tokyo University who they think is a genius. The second fellow is Sanma Akashiya, one of the "Big 3" comedic TV hosts in Japan (who can't stop talking XD,) and the third is the youngest ever shogi player to turn pro, Sota Fujii, who has broken a bunch of records.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, axelnojutsu said:

If you click play on the video (via the tweet) and then click on the description that shows up underneath it'll take you to the (playable) DM page :9:

Great - it worked! Thanks so much!

39 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

They interviewed Samantha Thavasa employees?

Yep. Apparently 2000 "Samantha girls"  pooled their $ into this. (Are these loyal customers or employees, I can't tell) I'm impressed - it's not a top-down directive from some far-sighted marketer at all. They are still thinking about where to put them (the boots), but they said that it will be somewhere with lots of visitors (to raise awareness about 3.11).

I'm so impressed that 2000 people managed to raise like... 80 thousand bucks. They're so generous!

I'll fight anybody who says Yuzu has to do even more to be the GOAT, tbh. He's already the GOAT, he'll just be GOATer with everything he does now.  

Until somebody as incredible as he is comes along again, there will be nobody who can surpass him, and after many seasons of figure skating like this season's GP series, ALL the people will grudgingly admit, yeah maybe he is the GOAT after all.

:smiley-sport014::evilgrin0031::smiley-gen042::bash::vahidrk:

10 minutes ago, wingman said:

Great - it worked! Thanks so much!

Yep. Apparently 2000 "Samantha girls"  pooled their $ into this. (Are these loyal customers or employees, I can't tell) I'm impressed - it's not a top-down directive from some far-sighted marketer at all. They are still thinking about where to put them (the boots), but they said that it will be somewhere with lots of visitors (to raise awareness about 3.11).

I'm so impressed that 2000 people managed to raise like... 80 thousand bucks. They're so generous!

I believe it was said that all of the people who pooled their money were employees of the company from all over the world. 

That's really good to hear they're going to put the boots in a place that gets lots of visitors so they can raise awareness about 3.11. 

41 minutes ago, meoima said:

Hello, anyone knows the name of the Aussie commentator who said "Yuzuru Hanyu gave a masterclass on what figure skating really is" in the gala exhibition?

I could not remember her name. Thanks.

Belinda Noonan?

28 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

I believe it was said that all of the people who pooled their money were employees of the company from all over the world. 

That's really good to hear they're going to put the boots in a place that gets lots of visitors so they can raise awareness about 3.11. 

Thanks - I wasn't sure. I lack certain vocab plus a lot of the kanjis... :shrug: Got to study more.

N.