General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, kaerb said:

And....well....I'm emotionally steeling myself against confirmation of no worlds but it's still gonna be sad T____T

Honestly, if he's still in a state where he needs painkillers to be able to jump, the last thing he needs is to keep training in that condition for Worlds; it's really best if he doesn't participate and rests for some time.

hace 1 minuto , kaerb said:

The original tweeter said apparently he was only running through the choreo? She's like 'Yuzuru often leaves us in a state of tension so better not to expect anything'.

And....well....I'm emotionally steeling myself against confirmation of no worlds but it's still gonna be sad T____T

I will be sad because Worlds this time are not far away from the place where I live, but If I have to choose between Worlds2018  or 2-3 seasons more  of competitive skating for Yuzu...well it's obvious. There is only one  month left and I don't want  him to go through the stress of a big competition once more. He just gave his all to his greatest achievement. 

"I want to have fun, do things that I want to do. If people like it, that's great," he said with a laugh. "Call it enlightenment if you want--I am what I am. That's the frame of mind I'm in."

The Asahi Shimbun>Sports>article - FIGURE SKATING/ Hanyu hints he may not defend world title

:10636614:I can't wait to see all the new things he has in mind!! :10636614:

1 minute ago, Floria said:

I will be sad because Worlds this time are not far away from the place where I live, but If I have to choose between Worlds2018  or 2-3 seasons more  of competitive skating for Yuzu...well it's obvious. There is only one  month left and I don't want  him to go through the stress of a big competition once more. He just gave his all to his greatest achievement. 

:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp: It’s going to hurt a lot but when he comes back, we’ll be here, ready to sell our houses to see him again. 

Rest that golden ankle, boy! 

Retirement from skating is still a long way off, but with the sense of relief and achievement that have come from winning a second gold, his skating priorities may be altered.

I am really excited about what this new Yuzu will offer next season now that his greatest burden isn't there anymore. It reminds me  Brian's words about Yuzu learning new things about himself in the post-injury period.

4 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

could someone please compile of all the (possibilities)

dates, and events that will take place after Worlds. The country too please. 

eg: ice shows (Japan), 2018-2019 season 

This is the calendar of next season :  https://www.isu.org/communications/15290-isu-communication-2124/file

As for the ice show, there are several big ones in japan such as prince ice world, star on ice japan, fantasy on ice (Faoi), dream on ice (DOI). Yuzuru only do FAoi and DOi for the past few years. You can check the date/venue by searching these ice show name on google. And keep in mind Yuzuru usually confirm ice show quite late.   

I;m sad that he might not be at worlds, but tbh its the best for his ankle. There's only 3 weeks before WC, and he need to go back to Japan for the check up. If his injury heal properly, we might see him next season and he will has chance to get back the world title in japan. :)