General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, yuzuangel said:

What happened with CBC? :/ 

CBC Olympics posted a video recap of the mens event titled 'Oh Pooh 💩🐻 (and then something along the lines of 'Nathan Chen upsets Yuzuru Hanyu to win' etc.)'. The video itself showed the Seimei girl crying and overlaid words essentially suggesting they were upset about his loss. The Seimei girl actually specified on Weibo she wasn't crying because she was upset he lost and she was crying for other reasons.

It was kind of a shady angle to take (I think esp since they showed the girl's face), so people called them out on Twitter and they deleted the Tweet. I think the video might still be up on their homepage & someone screenshot the tweet but I can't find it rn. 

I guess this is an example of where I think one or two firm callouts would have sufficed to outline the issue - don't really think they meant it entirely in bad spirit but it was a poorly executed tone/angle/joke given they should probably have put the spotlight on Nathan - y'know, the actual winner - and not on Yuzu losing. I wouldn't call it cyberbullying or the height of disrespect or anything (which I've seen on a few tweets) or think it necessary to demand an apology from the ISU though. 

2 hours ago, SSS said:

This is the difference between GOAT and someone who wants to win.

and this:

I also think this perfectly sums up why Figure Skating, while such a small sport, has such toxic fandoms and why we can't get along. People argue for the technical side, people argue for the artistic side, people argue for both. It's because everyone has their version of an ideal skater, my version is someone strong at everything like Yuzu's hence I think he deserves better: ie some people who care more for technical do not think skaters with no quads should be ahead, a few people who care more for artistic think skaters who repeat programs should lose points, people in between can argue one way or another depending on the situation. While I do want to believe that Yuzu has the right answer for the present scoring and image of figure skating, I do wonder if one day Nathan's answer, or someone who prefers the artistic side, may become the right answer if the sport changes too much. Nathan's answer is actually the result of this post-Vancouver era with ISU pushing quads and so I think it's no surprise that it's what he comes to care about. I don't know what Nathan's ideal skater is, but I would say this is a strong indication of it.

10 minutes ago, kaerb said:

CBC Olympics posted a video recap of the mens event titled 'Oh Pooh 💩🐻 (and then something along the lines of 'Nathan Chen upsets Yuzuru Hanyu to win' etc.)'. The video itself showed the Seimei girl crying and overlaid words essentially suggesting they were upset about his loss. The Seimei girl actually specified on Weibo she wasn't crying because she was upset he lost and she was crying for other reasons.

It was kind of a shady angle to take (I think esp since they showed the girl's face), so people called them out on Twitter and they deleted the Tweet. I think the video might still be up on their homepage & someone screenshot the tweet but I can't find it rn. 

I guess this is an example of where I think one or two firm callouts would have sufficed to outline the issue - don't really think they meant it entirely in bad spirit but it was a poorly executed tone/angle/joke given they should probably have put the spotlight on Nathan - y'know, the actual winner - and not on Yuzu losing. I wouldn't call it cyberbullying or the height of disrespect or anything (which I've seen on a few tweets) or think it necessary to demand an apology from the ISU though. 

Thanks, just saw the video. Seriously, how immature? It's quite unprofessional and irresponsible (potentially dangerous) how they're calling people out individually from the audience like that. Given how fast angry anti-Yuzu-fan fans jump to conclusions, it could potentially hurt the girl. I've already seen the comments on YouTube about it and it's no t pretty :facepalm:

OTOH, I don't even mind if she's crying because he lost. As an overly emotional person who has an extremely bad poker face and 0 ability to pretend to be happy when I'm not, I totally sympathize :P It's not like she's hurting anyone. And I doubt Nathan would care all that much...or even notice, if they hadn't shown it on TV.

hace 50 minutos , kaerb said:

Q from foreign media: If you were to become any animal, what would you be?

A: A cat. They're extremely free and live freely, according to their own wishes. No matter how you put it, I'm also someone who has that sense. Rather than being like a cat, I think I just actually give off that feeling? 

I hope I got that right lol. I was just amused bc I think he's right but he's also waaaay too non-chill to be a cat 

interviewer: why would you want to be a cat?

yuzu *in his head*: because cats always land on their feet  :devilYuzu:

It's not like I think Brian, TCC and Yuzu lives in a bubble (especially since they've been smartly dealing with the media for ages), and yet every single time I'm always awed by how self-aware they are and maybe us fans joke about a few things, but they must know a lot more about the going-ons and probably joke about a few things among themselves too. Like, Skate Canada.

@CBC: please take it off your damn website. Right now you are seriously lucky that figure skating is such a small minority sport that Chinese Netizens haven't started hacking your website. If this were a sport that was super popular in China and you do that to a Chinese fan, the flames of nationalism will be fanned and I don't think you'd like it. I mean, if someone in China really went viral on this, and how you are insulting a Chinese fan, I don't know if you'd survive. 

But seriously, wtf-and Carol and Kurt were so awesome in the TV broadcast of Yuzu's program. 

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

@CBC: please take it off your damn website. Right now you are seriously lucky that figure skating is such a small minority sport that Chinese Netizens haven't started hacking your website. If this were a sport that was super popular in China and you do that to a Chinese fan, the flames of nationalism will be fanned and I don't think you'd like it. I mean, if someone in China really went viral on this, and how you are insulting a Chinese fan, I don't know if you'd survive. 

But seriously, wtf-and Carol and Kurt were so awesome in the TV broadcast of Yuzu's program. 

:slinkaway:

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

:slinkaway:

No really, I mean it not in the sense of Yuzuru fans in China will go after CBC, but that Chinese netizens might get pissed off even if they never follow FS in their life. =(

Welcome to China...next time I'll tell you about the "internet body-search" and stuff. It happens less now in China, but hey it can go nationalistic. 

But that article-Canada, I expected better from you. :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Xen said:

No really, I mean it not in the sense of Yuzuru fans in China will go after CBC, but that Chinese netizens might get pissed off even if they never follow FS in their life. =(

Welcome to China...next time I'll tell you about the "internet body-search" and stuff. It happens less now in China, but hey it can go nationalistic. 

But that article-Canada, I expected better from you. :facepalm:

I am so scare. :peekapooh: