Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

rockstaryuzu

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rockstaryuzu

  1. This line: "There is some doubt over whether Hanyu will actually train on Monday as he has not been seen yet in the local area." ...is whoever runs the Olympic Channel Twitter, a satellite? Because that sounds exactly like what we were just talking about a little earlier in the Worlds Fluff Event Discussions thread.
  2. Totally a Phoenix. He's arisen from the ashes so many times already...
  3. but he wasn't even wearing a naked costume!!! seriously, it is a mystery how social media sites filter content...
  4. Yuzu not in Japan yet, Javi commentating...cripes, they're really trying to kill us all off in one go, aren't they? And much thanks to Mura for that ice-level video, giving all of us a chance to see Worlds ice from a skater's perspective.
  5. "If it wasn't for Yuzuru Hanyu, I would never have become a psychic."
  6. Now that would be trolling at the ultimate level...
  7. I dunno guys, I think it's just as likely that he flew out earlier in the week and is already in Japan. That makes the most sense for him, in my opinion.
  8. I think you did a fantastic job on the interview, and asked really good questions.
  9. I can just picture a hurricane of baby booties flying off those needles in all directions, and miles of cable-stitched lace trailing behind
  10. Google Translate also has it's moments. It usually translates his name as 'Hanyu string' or 'Hanyu knitting'...and when the -senshu is there, he is suddenly a 'string player' or a 'knitting player'....needless to say, most of the time I'm re-translating the Googlish into real English in my head afterwards. So yeah. Yuzuru Hanyu, competitive knitter, that's him. I can only imagine what it does in reverse, from English to Japanese...
  11. Okay, the puppeteer with the doll is just.... what are they trying to accomplish there?
  12. That only means my theory was wrong, doesn't mean he wasn't there. Also, hasn't Jun gotten awfully tall? It looks like he's grown a foot since the Olympics. No wonder he's having boot issues.
  13. Yeah, it's totally him. Look at that hand position. OF late I've developed the theory that part of the reason he doesn't appear so often in these photos is because he's the lad behind the camera...I mean it would make sense when you think about it. Where better to hide? While we're on the topic of this photo, I sure hope Gabby has a good Worlds. She needs to catch a break.
  14. So did anyone else get the error message 'Comment cannot be posted unless it contains full-width characters' when they try to post to the Kose blog? Does that mean I have to Google translate my comment into questionable Japanese?
  15. Oh that was so cute! His voice in that recording sounded really warm and relaxed and like there was a little bit of a laugh behind it. Really nice.
  16. You also have to consider that he has at least 3 uniform suits already - from the 2 Olympics and his high school - and maybe he just wants to get some wear out of them. He doesn't seem like the type to waste a perfectly good suit jacket just because it doesn't quite fit. Also, not every man has enough sartorial education to understand the difference between "well-tailored" and "it fits ok I guess". We are talking about a guy who spends most of his waking life in Under Armour, after all.
  17. I was thinking the same thing. I even seem to recall reading somewhere that Yuzu said he'd like to be able to bring Brian's/TCC's methods back to Japan. Realistically, both Yuzu and Javi will in the future have big roles to play for figure skating in their respective countries, and Canada already has lots of good/ great potential future coaches. But it does speak volumes about how Brian sees both Yuzu and Javi that he would like them to take up the mantle at TCC.
  18. Thanks guys. I tried again and I think my post finally got sent, although it hasn't appeared yet in the comments section. The cat post was super cute.
  19. I tried but I couldn't get it to work. I think you have to sign up in order to leave a comment.
  20. I have no doubts whatsoever that he could be worth a lot more if he wanted to be. I think it's pretty clear that he'd rather focus on skating, though.
  21. Yes, but quite a few Asians do that (stay out of the sun). It's not unique to him.
  22. I took a second to think about how most rinks around here are used for hockey, and how hockey players are veritable fountains of spit and sweat, and....well...yeah. icky. The most likely reason for Yuzu's good skin is a combination of genetics and a very healthy lifestyle.
  23. "It’s when non-Japanese people speak Japanese to me saying things like: Konnichiwa, Arigatou or Sayonara. Surprisingly, Japan seems to be of interest them. Even if it is very basic Japanese, when anyone speaks to me in Japanese I feel proud that I am Japanese." This quote. Why do Japanese people find it so surprising that the rest of the world take an interest in them? It's an interesting country.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.