Team we're fewer but still good!

Guest turquoiseblue

Here is a short interview with Joshi where she talks a bit about training in Toronto:

Joshi Helgesson siktar på OS via kval, 10 June 2017

Google translate:

Joshi Helgesson is aiming for the Olympics by qualifying

World Cup became a failure for Joshi Helgesson. One case cost her the final place and ended in 26th place.

As a result, Sweden currently does not have an art scene at the Olympic Games in February. But Joshi Helgesson hopes to qualify this fall and after moving to Toronto last year, she has the best conditions. She is trained by well-known Brian Orser and Ghislain Briand.

- They are really enjoying themselves and we are really well in agreement. Then I practice the ice with Yuzuru Hanyu (prevailing World Cup and Olympic champion) and Javier Fernandez (two World Cup and five Euro gold). There are many famous names.

Joshi Helgesson says that the training layout differs from what she used to be used to before. Now the responsibility rests more on her.

- At home in Sweden I have always had a coach on the ice. Now I have a coach for a short while of the day and then exercise a lot of myself. It has been a great change to come up with what I'm going to do and correct my own mistakes. It was very difficult at first, but it has worked much better towards the end of the season.

Despite the move to Toronto and the best possible training environment, the World Cup became a failure for Joshi Helgesson. After the weak Swedish World Cup, Sweden currently has no Olympic venue in figure skating, either on the women's or men's side. But Joshi Helgesson hopes to qualify in the fall.

- I'm doing everything to be in top shape for that competition, so it will be a different summer than usual. We do not usually be in the best shape in September, but I'll do everything to be it.

What is required then compared to the World Cup?

- Two almost non-free programs. If I do two good yokes then it will suffice.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that both Joshi and Sasha will do well at Nebelhorn and qualify for the Olympics! :smiley-happy105::smiley-happy105:

Thank you @turquoiseblue!
Fingers crossed she can go full out at Nebelhorn and grab a spot for herself! Well, actually for the country as you don't get it for yourself but it'd go to her anyway. Two clean programs should be enough but the pressure is high and yes, it's true about having to shift your form as it's early and yet of such importance. 

Guest turquoiseblue

:se: A little more update on the Swedish skating 

Sasha posted a photo of his dad and coach Alexander senior yesterday :8430721: He looks healthy and happy :img_20: :img_21:

Here is another photo from April. He started working part-time after a 2 year battle with MDS and acute leukemia. I'm so happy for Alexander senior and I'm proud of Sasha for saving his dad's life by donating his bone marrow to him. I hope they can go to the Olympics together :0006: :smiley-happy105: