Team we're fewer but still good!

Guest turquoiseblue

Olga's new Instagram post: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CawbW6WNEeB/

olgamikutina 🇺🇦

I was born in Ukraine. I spent my entire childhood up to the age of 13 there. There I started my career as a figure skater and received my first primary education. Incredible people live in this country, my relatives, acquaintances and friends. It's unbearable to see what's going on there now. It's terrible that thousands of innocent people are dying. War is always destruction and pain. I am insanely sad and hurt to see the destruction of my homeland. This is an incredible country, with its own individual history, culture, traditions, kind, helpful people. Thanks to the entire army and the people who are now defending it and trying to defend the freedom and sovereignty of Ukraine. And also to everyone who supports Ukraine in other countries, goes to various demonstrations, organizes humanitarian aid, donations, etc. I really hope that this terrible war will soon be stopped. After all, what could be better than a peaceful sky and security?

Glory to Ukraine!🇺🇦

#standwithukraine #stopwarinukraine #мояродина #україна #ukraine #stopwar

Guest turquoiseblue

Ekaterina Kurakova has posted a video speaking out against the war:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CazxboaI-9J/

I want to make a post about love and friendship during this difficult time! What can we do? The main thing is not to let aggression fill your heart! Try to help everyone you can. We are all brothers and sisters, so let us do not forget about this and take care of each other!
I am against war! I am for peace!

Chcę napisać post o miłości i przyjaźni w tym trudnym czasie! Co możemy zrobić? Najważniejsze, żeby agresja nie wypełniła twojego serca! Postarajcie się pomoc każdemu, kto potrzebuje waszego wsparcia! Wszyscy jesteśmy braćmi i siostrami, więc nie zapominajmy o tym i dbajmy o siebie nawzajem!
Jestem przeciwko wojnie!
Я хочу сделать пост о любви и дружбе, в это очень непростое время для всех! Что мы можем сделать? Самое главное, не дать агрессии захватить ваше сердце! Мы все братья и сестра,так давайте же не забывать об этом и стараться помочь всем нуждающимся в нашей поддержки! Я против войны! Я за мир!

Guest turquoiseblue

Anastasiia's new Instagram story:

ctC6c4d.jpg

I'm so glad she is safe now in Poland. I hope her family and friends stay safe :grouphug:

Hope she and her family stays safe :heart: there is over a million war refugees in Poland already, my aunt and a friend also host two young women with small children rn, I'm super proud of how most of polish people rushed to help :heart:

Guest turquoiseblue

ISU article on Loena Hendrickx:
Belgium's Loena Hendrickx feels motivated for more
9 March 2022

Loena came back motivated following her experience in Beijing. “I’m sure to continue for four more years, because the love and passion for the sport is enormous. Also I still believe in clean sport,” she pointed out.

Her eighth place finish in Beijing that resulted in an Olympic diploma is another reason to be proud and happy. “I went home after the closing ceremony. My two oldest brothers and my mom and dad organized a party for all the people who supported me, so I got a lot of letters, flowers and presents. So nice to feel how proud everyone was for my results at the Olympics,” Loena said. The Skater as well met Belgian King Philippe and Queen Mathilde in a reception for Belgian’s top Olympians. The King and Queen recognized the efforts of the athletes and posed with them for photos.

The Belgian Champion was invited to the shows of “Art on Ice” in Switzerland following the Olympic Games and love that experience, but now she is back to work. “I’m preparing myself for Worlds at my home rinks in Tilburg and Eindhoven both in the Netherlands as well as in Deurne in Belgium,” she shared. However, right now her training sessions are limited after she injured her groin a few days ago.

Nevertheless, Loena is looking forward to Montpellier. “I kind of see each competition as a new start and I want to perform as well as possible. It is not easy to perform always clean, but I really enjoy skating and I think that is the most important. I’m happy to skate my programs one more time (at the World Championships) and this time there will be watching a lot of Belgian people,” she explained.

Following the World Championships, Loena is planning for a nice vacation to rest her body and mind. Her favorite place for a vacation is “somewhere where it is warm, with sun and a beach, the sea – everything to relax.”

Wishing her a speedy recovery :smiley-angelic001:

Guest turquoiseblue
On 3/11/2022 at 1:33 AM, turquoiseblue said:

Update on Anastasiia:

kpayhVd.jpg

eCUVtss.jpg

:sad4::sad4::sad4:

She is now in Riga :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: 

1ChOd6h.jpgjwNtSeQ.jpg

Guest turquoiseblue

From Anastasiia's Instagram stories:

kVzfd3h.jpg

The building in the third picture is Pauls Stradiņš Museum of Medical History in Riga, which faces the Russian embassy.