Team we're fewer but still good!

Guest turquoiseblue

Here are some new posts by Ivan Shmuratko and Andrii Kokura about a series of russia's recent atrocities committed against Ukrainian prisoners of war. I'm putting them under spoiler because one of the posts mentions sexual violence.

Spoiler

TPHCOWg.jpg

Andrii also shared two videos about war crimes on Instagram stories, adding the text "this is my home" :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380::tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

Here are the videos he linked to:
(Warning: Videos contain disturbing content)

An archived video of Ivan & Lukas Britschgi's Instagram live broadcast :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:
(Yuzu's name is mentioned as one of Ivan's idols :201111231756430f6:)

Guest turquoiseblue

Ivan has announced the launch of an art contest :smiley-talk005:

Official music video: SHUMEI - Біля Тополі (Cover Гурт Enej) 

Spoiler

A link to the English translation of the lyrics:

Spoiler

A glimpse of his new SP:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
Guest turquoiseblue
4 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Good luck on your future endeavours !

Their last RD in Montpellier was an incredible and emotional performance that I will never forget :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: I wish both of them all the best!! :tumblr_m230oqZJaS1qfamg6::tumblr_lkl6q24eyw1qfamg6::10742289::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_lkl6q24eyw1qfamg6::tumblr_m230oqZJaS1qfamg6:

Guest turquoiseblue

The Ukrainian Figure Skating Federation has published an interview with Maksym Nikitin:

Максим Нікітін/Олександра Назарова: ми йдемо, але не прощаємося
UFSF
14 August 2022

Google Translate

- Maxim, one gets the impression that the decision to leave the competitive arena was spontaneous, because your duo won two stages of the Grand Prix...

- No, on the contrary, we have been thinking about it a lot lately. We both lived a long life in active sports, I have been on the ice for 24 years out of my 28, Sasha - a little less. But even taking this into account, the options were different. When Russia started this terrible war, we decided that it would be better if we continue our careers, because by speaking abroad, we can be useful to our country. That is why we delayed a little with the announcement of the end of the performances - we were thinking about how it would be right and what we ourselves want. In the end, we were inclined to the fact that now we will bring more benefit outside the competitive ice. Financial reasons also played a role, in particular, the fact that the parents lost their jobs due to the war. And Sasha and I came to the conclusion that we may not be able to withstand the emotional stress at the starts. For example, at the last World Cup in Montpellier, it was very difficult in this sense. Fortunately, a wonderful generation of dancers is growing up in Ukraine and there is someone to leave our "dance house" to.

- What do you plan to do in the future?

- I will say right away: we are not leaving figure skating in any case! Although there are no specific plans yet, it is absolutely clear that we will look for an opportunity to realize ourselves in our sport in a capacity other than as athletes. Previously, we helped Galina Volodymyrivna (Churilova) train young skaters, we would like to continue doing this, especially since they are currently in a difficult situation.

- That is, your plans are related to Ukrainian figure skating?

-Yes of course. One of the problems with our pre-war sport was that many skaters tried to leave the country instead of passing on their experience and knowledge to the next generation. Therefore, in my opinion, there was such a long stagnation. I was ready to become the person who would work on this issue, but now everything has changed radically, we live in different conditions. The desire to help our sport is even greater.

- It is known that you and Sasha left for Poland due to the constant maniacal shelling of your native Kharkov. are you still there

- Right now I am in the Netherlands as a guest coach. This is a two-week camp. It just so happened that Sasha was here, she was also invited, but to a different place. We are in constant contact with her. In general, because of Russian aggression, we left for Torun, Poland, where our friends helped solve housing and other problems. Now our life is in suitcases, like many Ukrainians. But we believe in our victory, that we will return to Ukraine and work to rebuild it. It will be difficult, because Russian creatures destroy and destroy everything.

- Do you miss Kharkiv?

-Very! For Kharkov, all of Ukraine, a normal life and it is desirable that there are no Russian freaks in this life! My family stayed at home, they talk about unimaginable horrors. Just today, a Russian rocket landed next to my house and my parents' house... It seemed to me that it was impossible to feel more hatred for crazy sadists, but no, the anger is growing more and more every time. The hardest thing is waking up in the morning when you don't know what happened at night... It's a terrible moment when you rush to the phone to find out the news and contact your relatives.

- I understand that none of the Russian figure skaters wrote to you after February 24...

- What are you talking about?! We were supported by athletes and coaches from different countries, even those with whom we are barely familiar, but not a single word from Russia. I will honestly say that we had no desire to have such dubious support. Instead, they practice idiocy in the pages of their press. The wildness of the expressions is off the scale! I am advised not to read or pay attention to that madness, but I believe that, no matter how disgusting such reading is, it should be done. Otherwise, we would not have noticed, for example, the despicable act of Petrenko and he would have felt quite comfortable in the show of a person close to Putin. By the way, I believe that his dismissal from the position of vice-president of the UFSF and deprivation of the presidential scholarship is not enough. Law enforcement agencies should be interested in him, because speaking in the same team as those who support the bloody war in Ukraine - what is this, if not treason to the motherland?