Media Day 2018

16 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

But that choice is anything but recycling and anything but easy. In fact, it's probably the biggest risk you can take. 

really it follows up his choices of doing the iconic Seimei and Chopin last year as well. They were already perfected programs, and he chose to do them to prove just how much better he got at SS, that he could go beyond himself (even if not beyond those scores). I feel like he's always original and unexpected in his choices, and this year it was even more so. He's going to make Nijinski his own despite a lot of people probably dissing it or saying that the program will always be Plushenko's. 

And the irony will probably be that Plushenko will be the first one to recognize "wow, this program is something else entirely". 

Although I wouldn't say that the goal here is to go beyond Plushenko and Johnny... (he already did imo), it's like, truly a tribute to two pieces of FS that aren't necessarily warhorses, aren't necessarily super popular, but they were so important to HIS skating history, that he wants to carve them into his legacy. It's like he wants to connect his +4year supremacy in FS to the skaters that inspired him and came before him. It's so thoughtful, it's so romantic, it's so humble... it's everything <3 

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Next time please send La Campanella while you're at it too?

I listened to Kissin's about a month ago and kept thinking, someone go back in time and slap Liszt and at the same time bow to him. 

That SS would be an 'ankle breaker' but then both of those ... mmm ... I've been dreaming about it for a reason. I will :68468287:

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I listened to Kissin's about a month ago and kept thinking, someone go back in time and slap Liszt and at the same time bow to him. 

That SS would be an 'ankle breaker' but then both of those ... mmm ... I've been dreaming about it for a reason. I will :68468287:

I meant the violin piece, not the piano variation. I thought about the piano variation but thought the same thing you did- "poor ankles, need carbon fiber support afterwards."

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

And everything Stravinsky! I am still dreaming for next Season!! 

Yes please! :snonegai:Yuzu has already done Firebird as a smol mushroom, it would be lovely to see him tackle Stravinsky again as an adult.. Although preferably some other composition :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Piano, piano! All or nothing! :animated-smileys-angry-052:

:biggrin:

And I want the New World Symphony from Dvorak, Symphony Espangole from Lalo, Moldau from Smetana, and for him to try Liszt (both being dramatic af) 

>_>

Edit: Oh, and LurkerZu! No pressure, this isn't a christmas present wish list.  (or is it?)

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic