2018/19 Coaching changes

If Zhenya will move to Orser and Rus fed will allow this (which I heavilly doubt) I'll be sooo happy!

For now only one source-Championat-confirmed that Zhenya will move to Orser, but they refereed to Source without naming it so I doubt if it's legit.

Half of her Rus fans saw her change of coaches like betrayal (like WTF???), half are supportive and her haters are overjoyed xX...

I'm glad she is leaving, she needs a change. That school does not know what to do with older skaters.I'll wait for official word re: where she's moving but even it doesn't work out, I still think a change of environment is required especially if she wants to keep competing a few more years. Her biggest strength is mental fortitude and grit/determination. I don't think she would have made this move without careful consideration of all factors and I have a feeling that this was a long time coming... 

The Rus Fed is aware of its International Reputation of essentially producing one season wonders and most Russian ladies' careers ending at 17 or 18 - which is insane to me! Plus with all this talk about eating disorders and all those teeny tiny pubescent girls' seemingly unhealthy relationship with food (Yulia anyone?!), I think they could use Med as a trial for their more mature skaters and then they're covered. They've got the young jumping machines back home and more mature seasoned, well choreographed skaters training abroad. All bases covered (TES + PCS + GOE)... 

6 часов назад, kaerb сказал:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Скрыть контент

Both creepy and invasive shippers and hardcore yuzu stans who will attack her for breathing in his general direction will make it hard if she goes to TCC, ugh. 

Fascinating to read @Yatagarasu's insight into media narrative though - I don't know any dynamics of Russian media but it sounds like she played them very well. 

Girl survived Russian haters and believe me they r awfull. She can handle some delusional fans.

4 minutes ago, LucyH said:

The Rus Fed is aware of its International Reputation of essentially producing one season wonders and most Russian ladies' careers ending at 17 or 18 - which is insane to me! Plus with all this talk about eating disorders and all those teeny tiny pubescent girls' seemingly unhealthy relationship with food (Yulia anyone?!), I think they could use Med as a trial for their more mature skaters and then they're covered. They've got the young jumping machines back home and more mature seasoned, well choreographed skaters training abroad. All bases covered (TES + PCS + GOE)... 

I think Medvedeva could use some help in skating skills and choreography from North American choreographers like Shae of Jeff Buttle. I loved Daniil but I am excited for Evgenia to try new choreographers outside Russia. 

A question here; does Brain coach and train female and male skaters separately? I wonder if Yuzuru will be training with Zhenya in the same rink at the same time

4 minutes ago, Attackontitan said:

I think Medvedeva could use some help in skating skills and choreography from North American choreographers like Shae of Jeff Buttle. I loved Daniil but I am excited for Evgenia to try new choreographers outside Russia. 

A question here; does Brain coach and train female and male skaters separately? I wonder if Yuzuru will be training with Zhenya in the same rink at the same time

Yes me too! I for one, can't wait to see what they could do with her... 

16 минут назад, hoodie axel сказал:

That she's going to a coach who produced an OGM out of his very first student, and a two time OGM?

OK.

They called her liar, that she betrayed Etheri and staff and that they were right that she is an ephitomy of evil

4 minutes ago, Lilona said:

They called her liar, that she betrayed Etheri and staff and that they were right that she is an ephitomy of evil

Yeah get far away from the crazies Evgenia! Far away... 

8 minutes ago, LucyH said:

That is really a good idea. But I cannot recall when the last time was when a Russian skater left Russia to train with foreign coaches. And from rumours in GS, it is unlikely that the Rus Fed likes this idea. I think Medvedeva is rich enough to support herself financially (with all those ice shows and advertisements XD), hence the move.

4 minutes ago, Huiqi said:

That is really a good idea. But I cannot recall when the last time was when a Russian skater left Russia to train with foreign coaches. And from rumours in GS, it is unlikely that the Rus Fed likes this idea. I think Medvedeva is rich enough to support herself financially (with all those ice shows and advertisements XD), hence the move.

Yes get that money! Financial independence is key...