Team Japan

2 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Ohhh I like this costume and look for Mai. Looking forward to seeing Mai battle for the Olympic spot this season - I love the flow of her jumps and spins, just hoping she'll embody more of the sharp power and fierceness that her SP requires (from looking at her DOI performance...hope we get a clip of her comp performance)

I was expecting for a clip too ... Mai is my fav from TJ ... I mean, I like all the ladies from TJ , that's way the fight for Oly it's gonna be painful. Why only 2 places ...

1 minute ago, ralucutzagy said:

I was expecting for a clip too ... Mai is my fav from TJ ... I mean, I like all the ladies from TJ , that's way the fight for Oly it's gonna be painful. Why only 2 places ...

It's going to be heartbreak no matter how it turns out. I really hope Satton comes back well to claim her place but it's going to be a Hunger Games situation :text-line-smiley-057: I do wonder why several of the JP ladies (okay...really, Mai and Marin) are going for tangos and styles of music requiring fierceness and drama - I would have advised them to play to their strengths since it's Olympics season and given how dire the selection is. Neither of them possess the natural fierceness in their skating to perform a tango with conviction yet. It'll be interesting to see how they develop - honestly, I think it will come down to how well they can carry the persona. 

20 minutes ago, kaerb said:

It's going to be heartbreak no matter how it turns out. I really hope Satton comes back well to claim her place but it's going to be a Hunger Games situation :text-line-smiley-057: I do wonder why several of the JP ladies (okay...really, Mai and Marin) are going for tangos and styles of music requiring fierceness and drama - I would have advised them to play to their strengths since it's Olympics season and given how dire the selection is. Neither of them possess the natural fierceness in their skating to perform a tango with conviction yet. It'll be interesting to see how they develop - honestly, I think it will come down to how well they can carry the persona. 

They are too young for a tango IMO... even if one don't have a natural fierceness, if you have enough experience you can fake it, i believe Satoko could do a great tango and I don't see her like a fierce lady... but, yes, let's consider it a work in progress...

8 hours ago, katonice said:

From the Japan Times article, I didn't know Kaori changed her SP music during the Gensun comp? :scratch2:

I thought she just backloaded her jumps, didn't know she changed the music too.

Or maybe this 2nd piece was made specifically for a backloaded layout, and she was just testing both programs out.

It's an unusual approach if so.

Sakamoto skated to “Danse Macabre” in Hong Kong, where she finished ahead of compatriot Yuna Shiraiwa in the senior women’s category. But at the Gensun Summer Cup she used “Moonlight Sonata” for her short program.