Team Japan

35 minutes ago, Melodie said:

That reminds me, there were some videos of her trying it a year ago right? They came out with the leakage on her FS last year. I don't know how it is now but those were...not good.

This is first. March 2017. Trusova and Shcherbakova were still in novice.

11 hours ago, Paskud said:

To be fair, she started to try 4t even before 4s, almost 4 years ago, and always was training them more or less simultaneously.

4s was simply going better because she isn't used to jumping toe loop as a solo jump.

But yes, exactly.

I read from other articles that she changed her toeloop technique to prepare for the 4T. I do wonder when she did so and from whom she learned? If she has been training 4S and 4T simultanenously then maybe she got the new technique from Ghislain also?

If not, she might get it from Stephane or some other jumping coaches in Switzerland. 

On 1/4/2021 at 7:30 AM, Melodie said:

Those colors look good on Mai :grin:

PS: why are these kids standing so close to take selfies without masks? :(

Rika Kihira explains below (see second tweet) that they took off the masks only briefly during the photo shoot.   I am somewhat relieved, but still they are too close together.  

18 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Rika Kihira explains below (see second tweet) that they took off the masks only briefly during the photo shoot.   I am somewhat relieved, but still they are too close together.  

I am not.

See, it's not just that. They held hand with the flower kids and strolled around the ice rink while not maintaining distance and for sure without facemasks. Plus, the distance between the performers and audience was really close, without any barriers in between.

And even for that brief moment when they took off the facemasks for the photoshoot, they might as well spread the virus around if any of them have it. 

It's a big no-no from me, for all of them :slinkaway:. Color me disappointed :sigh:

PS: Did they do all of that when Yuzu was around? 

10 hours ago, Melodie said:

I am not.

See, it's not just that. They held hand with the flower kids and strolled around the ice rink while not maintaining distance and for sure without facemasks. Plus, the distance between the performers and skaters was really close, without any barriers inbetween.

And even for that brief moment when they took off the facemasks for the photoshoot, they might as well spread the virus around if any of them have it. 

It's a big no-no from me, for all of them :slinkaway:. Color me disappointed :sigh:

Wow that’s terrible! Didn’t know the context as I was not following these events. The adults / organizers should be severely reprimanded. Shame on them, after all that Yuzu tried to set a model behavior at Jnats.

Spoiler this over exuberant behavior is typically Nagoya-style. (Ok I am showing my bias. I am from the East - apologies.)  

12 hours ago, Melodie said:

I am not.

See, it's not just that. They held hand with the flower kids and strolled around the ice rink while not maintaining distance and for sure without facemasks. Plus, the distance between the performers and skaters was really close, without any barriers inbetween.

Yuzu would not have removed his mask - period.  And he may not be the only team member with an underlying condition who might have been seriously impacted by this careless and negligent behavior.

6 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Wow that’s terrible! Didn’t know the context as I was not following these events. The adults / organizers should be severely reprimanded. Shame on them, after all that Yuzu tried to set a model behavior at Jnats.

Reveal hidden contents

I saw a video, the way it was organized, at least the finale, was as if CoVID doesn't exist. Very similar to past Nagoya festival :(

5 hours ago, barbara said:

Yuzu would not have removed his mask - period.  And he may not be the only team member with an underlying condition who might have been seriously impacted by this careless and negligent behavior.

That he would not, and I am glad. 

On a side note, I know of cases that are not tested positive until the 21-day mark. You just can't be reckless and say it is alright to mingle without mask for a brief moment. This virus is very, very scary :(

70th National High School Skating Championships

https://www.jsfresults.com/non_responsive_toppage.htm?figure_top.htm%2CNational/2020-2021/fs_j/highschool/index.htm

among skaters: Shun Sato, Yuma Kagiyama, Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda, Rion Sumiyoshi, Rino Matsuike, Saki Miyake, Miyu Honda, Kinayu Yokoi, Mana Kawabe, Moa Iwano, Maria Egawa, Rinka Watanabe, Shiika Yoshioka, Aiko Motoe, Chisato Uramatsu, Arisa Kamoi