Team Japan

3 minutes ago, Gio said:

That might pretty much backfire tbh. Let's be honest, Japanese ladies aren't really consistent, Mai and Satoko aside, and they're not really used to the sink or swim environment like the Russian ladies, so all this pressure might do more bad than good. They'll have to be in peak condition all season and I'm not really sure that's going to work for them. 

Honestly, I get that Satoko is their n.1 but I'm even more puzzled because they never treated her as such, and to do so now when they actually have alternatives is pretty confusing. 

It's not just that. I mean we still don't know what condition Satoko is even in and if she'll manage to regain the form she had prior to the injury plus she's always the possible target of the panel. Now that they have Mai, who has better tech and hopefully will move further forward in the components part, it really is questionable what they're doing. But then I guess a lot of this has to do with how Satoko has been holding the ladies for a bit etc. 

I agree about the possible harm. Wakaba is going to introduce the 3A but it's a lot of stress for her from the start to start delivering on it, instead of having at least a tiny bit of room for mistakes at first. Marin's first senior season and same thing basically. There're a lot of expectations there, which is big pressure for her. It's a risky game they're playing.

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

It's not just that. I mean we still don't know what condition Satoko is even in and if she'll manage to regain the form she had prior to the injury plus she's always the possible target of the panel. Now that they have Mai, who has better tech and hopefully will move further forward in the components part, it really is questionable what they're doing. But then I guess a lot of this has to do with how Satoko has been holding the ladies for a bit etc. 

I agree about the possible harm. Wakaba is going to introduce the 3A but it's a lot of stress for her from the start to start delivering on it, instead of having at least a tiny bit of room for mistakes at first. Marin's first senior season and same thing basically. There're a lot of expectations there, which is big pressure for her. It's a risky game they're playing.

Yes exactly. Satoko also seems to have reached her peak scores. I mean she is consistent and all, but she reached 215-218 when the panel was pretty generous. Wakaba and Mai have more room for growth imho.

And Mai is quite consistent. And the one who will reach the final has many chances to win a spot for the olympics. Especially if they score nationals like last year tbh.

Idk JSF is always puzzling. 

2 minutes ago, Gio said:

Idk JSF is always puzzling. 

Isn't that the truth :facepalm:

And yes, for me Mai and Wakaba especially IMO are going to stick around for a long time to come. You'd think they'd invest long term but huh.

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Isn't that the truth :facepalm:

And yes, for me Mai and Wakaba especially IMO are going to stick around for a long time to come. You'd think they'd invest long term but huh.

Yes Wakaba has tons of talent there. It would seem wise to push her. But it seems pretty obvious they decided to throw them all in the tank and see who will come out of it. 

5 hours ago, Gio said:

Yes Wakaba has tons of talent there. It would seem wise to push her. But it seems pretty obvious they decided to throw them all in the tank and see who will come out of it. 

Exactly my thoughts when I saw the assignments :facepalm:  I really don't get why Wakaba, Marin and Mai will all be at COC ??? But honestly, Marin got the worst assignments to my opinion... :smiley-angry022:

37 minutes ago, Hannah said:

Wait, why? What music did they choose? :sign0019:

It seems like flamenco or tango from that photo, I really have problems with that kind of music. But I'm just waiting for Joey to pop up and squeal :PPP

like, guys they invited Evgenia to NHK, i mean. Nothing else to say XD

1 hour ago, Gio said:

It seems like flamenco or tango from that photo, I really have problems with that kind of music. But I'm just waiting for Joey to pop up and squeal :PPP

like, guys they invited Evgenia to NHK, i mean. Nothing else to say XD

I thought I missed the music choice news. We'll just have to wait and see. It's kind of difficult to get the music from one photo...

Regarding Evgenia, I think it's what she asked for, no? She's got to choose first as a world champion... 

Well.. having nhk trophy as your 2nd gp event is the best scenario. You can stay in Japan to train for the Grand Prix Final without worrying about travel/jet lag/practice time.

That said.... I have no idea what JSF are thinking with the japanese ladies gp assignments... are they trying to self-sabotage or something?? Makes no sense...

I don't think JSF really pushes Marin. Japanese media pushes Marin. But if you go by her nationals scores and her junior nationals scores, she doesn't seem to get much of an advantage (for what she puts out) than any other lady. Internationally, judges seem to give her higher scores and PCS than she gets nationally.

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I don't think JSF really pushes Marin. Japanese media pushes Marin. But if you go by her nationals scores and her junior nationals scores, she doesn't seem to get much of an advantage (for what she puts out) than any other lady. Internationally, judges seem to give her higher scores and PCS than she gets nationally.

Exactly. If you look at her scores she was pretty much robbed on pcs at nationals. The last national championships were actually pretty unfair to all the younger girls. Marin got lower PCS than Kanako I think? And that's...:rofl:

In national, I think they want to keep all seniors ladies in podium, and Marin make costly mistake too. I agree her pcs should be higher, but her #4 place is fair. JSF does push Marin, but yeah, its japanese media have no chill when its come to her. And her agency doesn't help her with all the hype either.