Team Japan

Guest turquoiseblue

Misato Komatsubara and Tim Koleto have announced today that they got married on 23 January 2017 :congratualtions:

17 minutes ago, Gio said:

After the GP announcement, what do you all think about japanese ladies' assignments? Seems likely that only one of them will qualify considering their assignments y.y

Bloodbath. 

Satoko is safe but the others are going to have to fight it out and it's probably going to be really important right from the start how they do in the GP, heading towards Nationals and Olympic choices. All three girls are in an iffy position and it'll be curious to see who comes out on top. Overall, the ladies GP is going to be brrrrr.

I'm surprise none of Marin, Mai, Wakaba get NHK.  Marin and Yuna have to do back to back event, at different country. Since they're in same team, its easier to adjust, like SC+ NHK for Marin and COC+TEB for Yuna. I think Marin get the toughest draw. At COC there's Wakaba, Mai with her :facepalm: At this rate, we might get only 1 japanese lady at GPF :facepalm:

As for the men, aside from Yuzu and Shoma, I'm glad both Mura and Keiji get 2 GPs. Dice will be at NHK and I hope Sota can comeback strong to get that host pick. 

2 minutes ago, Katt said:

I'm surprise none of Marin, Mai, Wakaba get NHK.  Marin and Yuna have to do back to back event, at different country. Since they're in same team, its easier to adjust, like SC+ NHK for Marin and COC+TEB for Yuna. I think Marin get the toughest draw. At COC there's Wakaba, Mai with her :facepalm: At this rate, we might get only 1 japanese lady at GPF :facepalm:

As for the men, aside from Yuzu and Shoma, I'm glad both Mura and Keiji get 2 GPs. Dice will be at NHK and I hope Sota can comeback strong to get that host pick. 

I did not expect them to have a good strategy considering how bad JSF does at jgp with that too, but...COC is a suicide. Especially when girls with 0 chances like Rika or Yuna S have good assignments. Really doesnt make sense at all.

Even Satoko isnt that safe tbh, SA is a pretty packed event and with Med at NHK she wont win there.

It's still better than the other girls, Satoko I mean.

Poor Mai is going against Zagi. Twice. IMO, she is the skater they should be looking after, as things stand now.

And I am really surprised at where Marin ended up up; I did expect her to get some consideration but apparently not.

7 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

It's still better than the other girls, Satoko I mean.

Poor Mai is going against Zagi. Twice. IMO, she is the skater they should be looking after, as things stand now.

And I am really surprised at where Marin ended up up; I did expect her to get some consideration but apparently not.

I agree. About Satoko having easier events I mean. I really don't get why Marin/Wakaba/Mai all at COC it's simply stupid. Give that assignment to Kaori or Yuna S, the former TdF and and NHK were better. Switch one with Yuna at NHK or Kaori at SA, and  would have been already much better.

7 minutes ago, Gio said:

I did not expect them to have a good strategy considering how bad JSF does at jgp with that too, but...COC is a suicide. Especially when girls with 0 chances like Rika or Yuna S have good assignments. Really doesnt make sense at all.

Even Satoko isnt that safe tbh, SA is a pretty packed event and with Med at NHK she wont win there.

Yeah, I can't get what's JSF thinking ? Why not Marin or Mai at NHK ? Honestly they should take a note from US fed. Satoko will have hard time at SA, but I think NHK is good for her. She can easily get silver if her consistency's back.

I dont have any words for COC ladies line up :facepalm: 

2 minutes ago, Gio said:

I agree. About Satoko having easier events I mean. I really don't get why Marin/Wakaba/Mai all at COC it's simply stupid. Give that assignment to Kaori or Yuna S, the former TdF and and NHK were better. Switch one with Yuna at NHK or Kaori at SA, and  would have been already much better.

CoC alone is ... idek what to call it. It could have been better with just some juggling but as it is, it really gives me the impression they weren't interested in anyone but Satoko. It's sink or swim for the others, and who comes out on top, gets the Olympics. I am not sure that's the best way to handle things though.

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

CoC alone is ... idek what to call it. It could have been better with just some juggling but as it is, it really gives me the impression they weren't interested in anyone but Satoko. It's sink or swim for the others, and who comes out on top, gets the Olympics. I am not sure that's the best way to handle things though.

That might pretty much backfire tbh. Let's be honest, Japanese ladies aren't really consistent, Mai and Satoko aside, and they're not really used to the sink or swim environment like the Russian ladies, so all this pressure might do more bad than good. They'll have to be in peak condition all season and I'm not really sure that's going to work for them. 

Honestly, I get that Satoko is their n.1 but I'm even more puzzled because they never treated her as such, and to do so now when they actually have alternatives is pretty confusing.