Skincare and Beauty

robin

:smiley-happy085:I change my skincare routine to Korean Skin Care products and try those 7 or 10 steps, and it works. Especially  double cleansing method, my redness and dark spot is reduced already with help of certain products. Light Vit.C can help reduce dark spot

4 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Any suggestions for getting rid of acne dark spots is very needed. :bow:

Try 3 parts honey, 1 part lemon juice as a mask to leave on for like 20 mins and then wash it off. Takes at least a couple of weeks, but it works pretty well for me, tho ofc it differs per person

Just now, kaeryth said:

My sister uses this and looks to be working well for her. (Be sure to check the ingredients if you're allergic to any of them and do a 24hr patch test).

cosrx_centellablemishcream_main.jpg

yes I use this brand too combine with Klairs ---this cantella cream is magic cream, try Klairs toner, klairs vit.c and blue cream , I combine COSRX and Klairs product, my skin become better

Let me calm myself down by talking about skincare....

I'm a lazy bum and any skincare routine with more than 4-5 steps is not sustainable. (Or anything too expensive bc I'm also a broke bum.)

I use miscellar water for make-up removal (I've barely been using make-up lately. My skin has improved alot and I'm good with just concealer for my dark circles on most days.) and a non-foaming gel cleanser (drugstore). I know I need a oil-based cleaser, too, for the sunscreen I use but I haven't gotten around  choosing and spending money on a sherbet cleanser yet.

Other than that I swear by the ordinary products. Esp. for me, a broke bum, they are lifesavers. I currently use their buffet serum, their AHA 30%+ BHA 2% chemical peel and their moisturizer.

Although I am not so much into their moisturizer and now that it's getting colder it's not hydrating enough. I use almond oil to make up for that when I feel like my skin needs it. I am looking for a replacement, tho, and I've been eyeing Kiehl's moisturizing cream. I tried their no-oil one which was really good but it contains alcohol and I don't even have very oily skin so I am thinking of trying their regular one first. I am open for recs tho!

For sunscreen I use Avene's 50+ dry touch emulsion. I have very pale skin and since I use the chemical peel on a regular basis (every 3 days) I need the high protection. I am very pleased with this one. You can barely feel it on your skin which took me a while to find.

So my morning routine is cleanser->serum->moisturizer->sunscreen(->make-up)

and my evening routine is miscellar water->cleanser(->chemical peel every 3 days)->serum->moisturizer(+ oils)

Ever since I've been going by this my skin has improved considerably. I had a weird kind of acne on my forehead (I didn't even have acne going through puperty so when I started getting this at the age of 24 I was very perplexed) but it's pretty much gone and my skin just feels very good and flexible and plump. Oh yeahhhh, I also use tea-tree oil on spots when I occasionally get them

My experience with acne starts since in high school, I tried all way including professional helps, but nothing change significantly for me. Then this past 2 years I change my skincrae product and regime. My skin type is Sensitive + Combination and prone to acne. I tried COSRX + Klairs product and voila my skin is clear and never been better

morning : Cleansing+ Toner+Serum+Moisturizer

Night : (If I use make up before) Cleansing Oil+Cleansing Foam+Serum+Moisturizer

Twice a week I used Sheet mask, and other week will do Scrub

Each person has different tolerant toward skin care and make up product, after my skin become better I can use either cheap or expensive make up

46 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Any suggestions for getting rid of acne dark spots is very needed. :bow:

You should consider using vitamin C serums (The Ordinary has a wide range, for example, although I don't use any personally... so someone who actually uses Vitamin C should be able to help you out better than me. )

eta: One thing I know is that with vitamin C products you need to avoid any yellow products and any vitamin C product that turns yellow should not be used.

• 2 months later...

I didn't realise this thread existed - can I agree with @robin about the ordinary products?

It's the wrong time of year for it but my best discovery was a sunblock - Irish heritage gives you skin that combusts at the first ray of sunshine - I've tried most factor 50 sunblocks on the market, from the cheap to the super expensive and they all leave you looking like a refugee from the Americas cup (bad look on anyone but Ellen McArthur) and when it gets into your eyes, which it always does, it stings like nothing on earth.  Last summer I bought Shiseido wet force water resistant factor 50+ and it was marvellous - pricey ( though not the most expensive) but worth it for tear free eyes.  I just use Nivea 50 everywhere else but the Shiseido for the face.

3 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I didn't realise this thread existed - can I agree with @robin about the ordinary products?

It's the wrong time of year for it but my best discovery was a sunblock - Irish heritage gives you skin that combusts at the first ray of sunshine - I've tried most factor 50 sunblocks on the market, from the cheap to the super expensive and they all leave you looking like a refugee from the Americas cup (bad look on anyone but Ellen McArthur) and when it gets into your eyes, which it always does, it stings like nothing on earth.  Last summer I bought Shiseido wet force water resistant factor 50+ and it was marvellous - pricey ( though not the most expensive) but worth it for tear free eyes.  I just use Nivea 50 everywhere else but the Shiseido for the face.

Finding the right sunblock is really hard so I‘m glad to hear you managed that! I personally never had the problem of getting sunblock into my eyes- I am more concerned about their consistency and how they feel on the skin. It’s the worst having to go about your business with a thick film on your face when it’s already hot in the summer. I tend to sweat a lot in my face and a greasy sunblock film really doesn’t help. For he biggest part of my life I’ve just not worn any at all until at one point I’ve been convinced that you need to wear sunblock on a daily basis all year round and not just when you’re at the beach... So I went out of my way to research sunblocks that don’t leave a trace on the skin. 

What The Ordinary products do you use? I am running out of everything but I am waiting for the products I need to be in stock again so i can order them all at once... It’s the only downside with this brand. Since it’s all produced in-house they have difficulty to keep up with the orders. But I’ll take that.

I use Buffet morning and night, hyaluronic acid 2% in the morning and advanced retinoid and cold pressed rosehip oil at night.  I've just ordered the vitamin C serum but it hasn't arrived yet.  It's good stuff and doesn't break the bank.

The shiseido sunblock is waterproof so it doesn't come off easily which presumably is why it doesn't trickle into my eyes when I get sweaty.  It's very hard to find something that isn't horrible to wear.