6 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Oh I'm going to need the details on this. :rofl:

From Sports Graphic Number 803 translated by Yuzusorbet. :biggrin:

“I fell while I was on my left leg. I think my left leg was exhausted because I was trying to protect my right foot. Yeah, I was mad. Excuse me for my word choice, but I yelled ’$#@%^&’ during the following jump.”

15 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Not just over training but keeping quiet about injuries...  :knc_brian3:

This is now my default reaction to everything Zuzu does. Thanks twitter for providing the goods!

I don't have much to add to the Vincent discourse that hasn't already been said (lol the music is...like...95% identical), except to say that he looks less settled in his body than Yuzu did back then. But where Yuzu's 'unsettledness' was moving with an excessive amount of reckless/slightly flaily speed and drama (which worked in his favour in WC2012), Vincent's movements are slower and stiffer, probably from nerves/overthinking. Also is it just me or are his arms super long? He looks so gangly, like he just came out of a growth spurt and is still getting used to his limbs...? Yuzu's the type who will get too hyped up or overactive when he's nervous - I feel Vincent (like me lol) tends to shut down and become more inwards-focused and overthink, which does not suit Romeo as much. 

That was a beautiful spread eagle though, definitely the highlight for me. I'm curious to see how his season will develop! 

I think when one compares Yuzu's RJ1 and Vincent's RJ in terms of interpretation, it's important to also remember Yuzu's WC2012 version had been skated in almost 60 shows and the GP season by then. This was Vincent's first outing. I remember watching some of @kaeryth's show compilation videos from early RJ1 and though there are quite a few differences in SS and flow even then, Yuzu wasn't yet particularly good at the choreography either, which was refined on his visit to Russia and with more performances.

Question: Does anyone feel like there seems to be a big gap between the junior and senior men when compared to the ladies? We've got junior ladies practicing and landing quads and 3As while most of the more known competitive  junior men have now moved up to senior level competitions.

5 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Question: Does anyone feel like there seems to be a big gap between the junior and senior men when compared to the ladies? We've got junior ladies practicing and landing quads and 3As while most of the more known competitive  junior men have now moved up to senior level competitions.

Who is to say there aren't competitive junior men also practicing multiple quads right now? I mean, is Stephen Gogolev going junior this season? He is as crazy as any of these girls throwing quads and 3As. 

It just seems more impressive and newsworthy when it comes to junior girls doing this than the boys because quads in men have been around for ages but you've only ever seen a ratified quad in ladies in competition once, ever, and the 3A is so rarely used as well.

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

Who is to say there aren't competitive junior men also practicing multiple quads right now? I mean, is Stephen Gogolev going junior this season? He is as crazy as any of these girls throwing quads and 3As. 

It just seems more impressive and newsworthy when it comes to junior girls doing this than the boys because quads in men have been around for ages but you've only ever seen a ratified quad in ladies in competition once, ever, and the 3A is so rarely used as well.

Yeah, I guess so. We actually don't get a lot of news/updates with the junior men as opposed to the junior ladies because it's usually the ones doing quads (or have been reported to do quads) that overshadow everyone else... and I think that's why Gogolev is at the forefront in the junior men's right now - because of his quads. He's qualified to compete as a senior in Canadian Nationals now and will be eligible for senior international comps 2020-2021 season. Just in time for the 2022 Olympics.

2 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Are we gonna stream The Ice? (Says me, who is not even sure she can watch it... hehehe)

There's going to be a bunch of things happening these next two weeks/weekends I won't be around for. Going on vacation, oh yeah.