15 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Gracie never did get the hang of that flip, did she...

...I still have no idea why she was trying to do that given how reliable her loop was and the fact that Evgenia was doing a loop in the short and look how she scores. Darn it.

Maybe Frank insisted, that entire situation seemed like an epic mess. Fingers crossed for this season for her.

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

To be honest, the same could be applied to Yuzu and his 4S combo...

I think Yuzuru is a bit different in that regard. When he insists on something it is because he knows he can do it and usually does. He did land the 4S which everyone said he should ditch and it is a beautiful jump now, he also manage to land the combo of doom and fixed the edge of the flip which he worked on for years. I am personally not worried when he insist on something because I believe he really is capable of doing it.

22 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I think Yuzuru is a bit different in that regard. When he insists on something it is because he knows he can do it and usually does. He did land the 4S which everyone said he should ditch and it is a beautiful jump now, he also manage to land the combo of doom and fixed the edge of the flip which he worked on for years. I am personally not worried when he insist on something because I believe he really is capable of doing it.

It helps that Yuzuru is capable of a lot ;) Even a 4A is not outside of his capabilities.  I'm not sure if Gracie was ever capable of landing a true inside-edge flip, even in practice. The ones I've seen in practice look really scary, sometimes underrotated, and definitely not an inside edge. The fact that Tara can say "she can land a triple flip in her sleep" bothered me because...first it's not true, and second I yawn at their continuous comments on her talent, and how her mistakes are all mental, it's like they're not giving enough credit to the other skaters who worked way harder than her that season to stay in shape. But once again, I digress...

I say this as a big Gracie fan who went to Skate America last year just for her (it was a bit of a disappointment, honestly). I would love to see her go back to her pre-Worlds 2016 form or better.

Speaking of which, much as Yuzu struggles with the entry of the flip jump, what are the chances he'll aim for a full quad arsenal? If someone (like Boyang) gets it before him, how much salt would there be? 

46 minutes ago, Xen said:

Speaking of which, much as Yuzu struggles with the entry of the flip jump, what are the chances he'll aim for a full quad arsenal? If someone (like Boyang) gets it before him, how much salt would there be? 

Nah... there wouldn't be much salt, I think. A full quad arsenal was never his dream. He said in that interview where he was still a mushroom that he wanted to win Olympic gold in the games after Vancouver (check)... and do a quint or a 4.5 jump. :slinkaway:

Now.. if someone landed a 4A in competition before him and it was ratified...... prepare for maximum saltiness :yznotimpressed:

ETA:

tumblr_oi1k5ulkvZ1tydf9yo4_500.gif

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Nah... there wouldn't be much salt, I think. A full quad arsenal was never his dream. He said in that interview where he was still a mushroom that he wanted to win Olympic gold in the games after Vancouver (check)... and do a quint or a 4.5 jump. :slinkaway:

Now.. if someone landed a 4A in competition before him and it was ratified...... prepare for maximum saltiness :yznotimpressed:

ETA:

tumblr_oi1k5ulkvZ1tydf9yo4_500.gif

Did the mushroom just mention quintuple? Oh Brian's hair :mischief::knc_brian3:

1 hour ago, fluffypooh said:

Did the mushroom just mention quintuple? Oh Brian's hair :mischief::knc_brian3:

If Brian doesn't look at youtube all these years, what can we say? If he bothered to peek, his hair had fair warning...

1 hour ago, Xen said:

If Brian doesn't look at youtube all these years, what can we say? If he bothered to peek, his hair had fair warning...

Surely he's seen the perfectly straight-faced, unblinking Yuzuru at that press conference saying he's sure he will land his dream 4A in competition. I'm sure Brian is already wearing a toupee.

I love how the conversation has gone from doing math with layouts to Brian's hair demise :rofl:

On the topic of saltiness, I seriously doubt any other than Yuzuru is even close to a 4A, so his salinity levels should keep steady. I'd still bet on him getting that first ratified one :cheer:

5 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

I love how the conversation has gone from doing math with layouts to Brian's hair demise :rofl:

On the topic of saltiness, I seriously doubt any other than Yuzuru is even close to a 4A, so his salinity levels should keep steady. I'd still bet on him getting that first ratified one :cheer:

There might be some competition from Boyang Jin. What about Cha Junhwan? BOrser's team has nice edge jumps in general. What if Gogolev (sp?) gets it ratified in Juniors first?

13 minutes ago, Xen said:

There might be some competition from Boyang Jin. What about Cha Junhwan? BOrser's team has nice edge jumps in general. What if Gogolev (sp?) gets it ratified in Juniors first?

Boyang's 3A isn't nearly as steady and easy as Yuzu's, plus now is really not the time to experiment with something as risky as the 4A with the Olys in the horizon; I don't see him going for it seriously, at least not for now. About Jun Hwan, he still needs to fix the scary 3A he has, never mind wanting to upgrade it one revolution :__D

I haven't really watched Gogolev enough to predict anything from his side, but seeing as Yuzuru's axel is still the best in the bussiness, that he's definitely very probably had some success with the 4A in practice, and that he's been personally invested in the jump since forever, my bet on him stands. We'll see what he does after the Olympics :darklordyuzu:

Just now, Valkyria said:

Boyang's 3A isn't nearly as steady and easy as Yuzu's, plus now is really not the time to experiment with something as risky as the 4A with the Olys in the horizon; I don't see him going for it seriously, at least not for now. About Jun Hwan, he still needs to fix the scary 3A he has, never mind wanting to upgrade it one revolution :__D

I haven't really watched Gogolev enough to predict anything from his side, but seeing as Yuzuru's axel is still the best in the bussiness, that he's definitely very probably had some success with the 4A in practice, and that he's been personally invested in the jump since forever, my bet on him stands. We'll see what he does after the Olympics :darklordyuzu:

Well mine initially was that his 4A is coming 19/20 though if that's the WC in Japan, then I guess we should speed it to 18/19 season for experimentation and solid in 19/20? Speaking of which, when is that 4-4 coming? Or maybe he'll grant us a 3A-4T? 

How did this go from layout to predicting when Yuzu is going to land certain jumps? 

20 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well mine initially was that his 4A is coming 19/20 though if that's the WC in Japan, then I guess we should speed it to 18/19 season for experimentation and solid in 19/20? Speaking of which, when is that 4-4 coming? Or maybe he'll grant us a 3A-4T? 

How did this go from layout to predicting when Yuzu is going to land certain jumps? 

I have no idea what kind of timeline he has in his head for the 4A, tbh. Definitely after Olys and before he r****s, but since we don't know how long he is staying... it could be whenever. If they choose to continue keeping it under wraps, we could even have a surprise!4A one day :5918bda872cf0_0006(2):

4-4 combos don't make much sense score-wise, so none of those in competiton. In shows though, who knows. Yuzu's already done a bunch of crazy combos, he might keep experimenting XD

4 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

I have no idea what kind of timeline he has in his head for the 4A, tbh. Definitely after Olys and before he r****s, but since we don't know how long he is staying... it could be whenever. If they choose to continue keeping it under wraps, we could even have a surprise!4A one day :5918bda872cf0_0006(2):

4-4 combos don't make much sense score-wise, so none of those in competiton. In shows though, who knows. Yuzu's already done a bunch of crazy combos, he might keep experimenting XD

I've actually been having nightmares about him yolo-ing a 4A. :slinkaway: