General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

https://figure-skating-confessions.tumblr.com/post/171611125169/yuzuru-hanyu-is-an-amazing-skater-and-all-but

“Yuzuru Hanyu is an amazing skater and all but honestly, he is SO overrated and all of his costumes lowkey look the same.."

:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

okay but in all seriousness, the "overrated" part I can sort of see where they are coming from. Yuzu's fandom proportional to every other figure skaters is just ridiculously huge and there are many other amazing skaters who don't get nearly enough recognition unfortunately.

But the costumes thing had me :rofl: esp given they used a Chopin picture and just.... LOL 

There’s a comment: 

“Yuzuru stayes unbothered as he quietly and methodically destroys gender roles” -yoonnseok.tumblr.com

:darklordyuzu:

7 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Yess, the younger skaters need to step up. Japan has been relying on Yuzu for around 7 years now. And in the last 6 years of his participation at WC, he only missed the podium once and he literally skated with flu. He never bombed his performance to the point he doomed his team, even when he’s severely injured. So, really the younger generation needs to learn from him and comes out 

10 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Idk it'd be good or bad if they increase the goe range. I agree with "I don’t want to see these records broken simply because judges have a broader range of GOE bonus points to hand out like candy." and "Even if the world records are broken (presumably by Yuzu himself), how can you compare one record to another when someone changes the rules to the game???" parts but also i don't thing +3 GOE does yuzu justice. With those entrances and exits,  he is far superios than other skaters!