Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements

Sorry i'm kinda new to figure skating and i was wondering when do the skaters usually announce their programs? Are there any skaters that leave their programs unannounced right until the first competition of the season? :pooh:

Sorry i'm kinda new to figure skating and i was wondering when do the skaters usually announce their programs? Are there any skaters that leave their programs unannounced right until the first competition of the season? :pooh:

Yuzu did it last season because he was injured and did't made any shows over the summer. Most of them annouce their new programs in the summer or you can see parts of them in ice shows.

Yuzu did it last season because he was injured and did't made any shows over the summer. Most of them annouce their new programs in the summer or you can see parts of them in ice shows.

Oh i see, thanks for the answer :space:

It's still speculation at this point because Maia just posted [link=https://twitter.com/MaiaShibutani/status/862271405244678146]this[/link] in her twitter, but it's very possible the Shibs will be using Coldplay's Paradise for their FD.

Edit:

Confirmed by Jackie Wong too.

[tweet]862314065254903811[/tweet]

It's still speculation at this point because Maia just posted [link=https://twitter.com/MaiaShibutani/status/862271405244678146]this[/link] in her twitter, but it's very possible the Shibs will be using Coldplay's Paradise for their FD.

I think that's official basically.

How many recycled programs/music :hachimaki: I am starting to hate the Olympic season :acceptable:

btw, Shoma will reveal his new programmes at FoI in the 26-28 May show. I'm admittedly very curious :P

I really liked Shoma's programs last season and Turandot the season before, so I'm looking forward to this. Not so much whether he's really going to try for the 4Lz or not in his programs, considering his 3Lz is not a good jump for him. It's like Yuzu suddenly trying to add a 4F to his arsenal when he can barely get an inside edge.

btw, Shoma will reveal his new programmes at FoI in the 26-28 May show. I'm admittedly very curious :P

Isn't it a bit to fast to show a program? I read through the threads that japan skaters usually show their program during DOI :eh: :eh:

Isn't it a bit to fast to show a program? I read through the threads that japan skaters usually show their program during DOI :eh: :eh:

perhaps he wants to get the mileage + see what the public thinks? if it's true then i'm pretty excited to see Vivaldi and how much he changed turandot

xeyra said:

Edit:

Confirmed by Jackie Wong too.

[tweet]862314065254903811[/tweet]

Thanks for the confirmation, xeyra (and congratulations on your many posts!! :bow: ). I wonder if they'll mix the song with another piece of music, it seems difficult to skate to without any particular highlights/progression.

Thanks for the confirmation, xeyra (and congratulations on your many posts!! :bow: ). I wonder if they'll mix the song with another piece of music, it seems difficult to skate to without any particular highlights/progression.

Please don't remind me. :ohno: :xD: :embSwan: :s_whiteflag

Please don't remind me. :ohno: :xD: :embSwan: :s_whiteflag

Yes i hope the music is done really well. Well i'm sure they will figure it out because it is the Olympics and they wouldn't want to risk anything. Can't wait for their performance :yay:

I must admit I'm a little disappointed about Shoma reusing Turandot. It was a good programme (I also liked his last year's SP but in FS he skated better I think) but this year's FS I find much more interesting (and that 3A right on the note :love: ). Yes, during first shows I didn't understand it and vocals gave me a headache, but by the time of 2nd GP his FS really grew on me and I didn't even hate the vocals anymore :rofl2: So Turandot seems like a step back too me. Classics suits him but he (or rather his coach) could have chosen any other classics.

Makes me wonder what Yuzu will go for... For the SP I'm counting on JB - I like all his choices so far - cool and not overused, for the FS it will be really interesting to see what he thinks suits his style the best.

• sallycinnamon changed the title to Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements