Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

Well I'm back - student child fed watered and stocked up from the supermarket.  For those of us who are seeing swans as good omens, we had a space of good weather midday on Saturday (among the snow showers) and went for a walk at Mount Stewart, where there were 2 pairs of swans out on the lake.  At the airport this evening, another swan in a black and white print in a small art exhibition.

33 minutes ago, ruruzest said:
  Hide contents

ubpvBIt.png

My day is just getting better and better ! First, Yuzu's arrival, looking awesome, and now this... My friend just sent me this text! I'm so happy ! Will wear it to GPF! please be there Yuzu!!!

That’s so cute! I want your friend lol

I cannot summon the energy to roll out of bed this morning after my marathon 8.30am to 4am yesterday..... I'm going to have to because there's no food in the house but it's going to be a major effort.  

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I cannot summon the energy to roll out of bed this morning after my marathon 8.30am to 4am yesterday..... I'm going to have to because there's no food in the house but it's going to be a major effort.  

Pizza? Takeaway curry?

Should've grabbed a couple of packets/cans of something from the student child's newly stocked pantry! 

12 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Pizza? Takeaway curry?

Should've grabbed a couple of packets/cans of something from the student child's newly stocked pantry! 

I should, I should, but I had a carry on bag which is small enough for Flybe which is the stingiest airline I use when it comes to cabin bags and I had no room!  I ended up buying toiletries and leaving them so there's a fed, watered, exercised and clean student hopefully doing lots of work today.

Just picked up some microwave meals - Olympics and meal planning don't mix.

23 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I should, I should, but I had a carry on bag which is small enough for Flybe which is the stingiest airline I use when it comes to cabin bags and I had no room!  I ended up buying toiletries and leaving them so there's a fed, watered, exercised and clean student hopefully doing lots of work today.

Just picked up some microwave meals - Olympics and meal planning don't mix.

I hope student child is properly grateful! I started learning to cook when I was in uni. The amount of cleaning that follows cooking was a revelation. I thought I knew because I was used to doing the washing up, but my mum cleans as she cooks. Seeing the washing up hill grow higher without that particular multi-tasking skill was a bit of a shock. I suppose student child will make similar discoveries soon. 

I've stocked up on sandwich makings for the week.

1. It seems that my family has an habit of coming back to life when presented with things we like. The other day my grandpa was telling me a story. You see, my grandpa LOVES coffee and he's very specific in what kind of coffee he drinks. You could say he's a bit of a coffee snob :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: A while ago, he told me he drank a certain type of coffee in the USA and he looked everywhere but couldn't find it. He said it was like the second best coffee he had drank in his life.  While he was in the ICU when i posted that he was very very sick, one of the nurses felt sorry for him and brought him a cup of coffee. "I drank it and i swear i felt the life come back to me" He said. "It was the same coffee!" He asked the nurse but she could only tell him that it was the coffee they served from the hospital's kitchen. Next day he was out of the ICU. In the end someone from the kitchen staff told him what coffee they served and now he drinks it every day at home :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: I must add he baffled the doctors because he recovered faster than a young person. In his words "I am pretty sure that that coffee brought me back to life." :rofl:
  2. Now we have mexican style dorayaki! I found it on a store, the bread tastes a lot like baumkuchen and it's filled with dulce de leche :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: it's cheap af, i might stock up because it was reaaaaally good.

16 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Now we have mexican style dorayaki! I found it on a store, the bread tastes a lot like baumkuchen and it's filled with dulce de leche :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

:pancake: Dulce de leche will be the death of us.

I'm happy to hear about your grandpa's recovery! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

:pancake: Dulce de leche will be the death of us.

I'm happy to hear about your grandpa's recovery! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

It also has a cute bear on top:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

ClucPvSVYAQP19H.jpg

Haha thank you, we were all surprised. He's completely healed, it's amazing. Guess i have strong genes too :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

It also has a cute bear on top:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

ClucPvSVYAQP19H.jpg

Haha thank you, we were all surprised. He's completely healed, it's amazing. Guess i have strong genes too :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

They DO say coffee is healthy for a lot of reasons, by the way!! So we will all be doing a good thing drinking litres of coffee these days... you know, for health reasons...