The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

5 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

😭😭

Not while our boys are in the military please 😭😭

Jin and Hobi’s base was probably pure chaos.

I saw a tweet about this yesterday from a Seoul-based K-ARMY. She was pretty angry about the alarm because, basically, it was sent in error and done incorrectly, and the event that triggered it ( a satellite launch by N.Korea) had been announced in advance. I can't find the tweet back now but it was quite the rant. It boiled down to 'our current incompetent leadership did this for political reasons'. 

So I'd assume from that, that there's no danger to the SK military, or Hobi & Jin,  from this particular event. 

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm completely surprised about the new OT7 song for Festa.... and also about RM being appointed an ambassador for what I assume is a military thing. Does this mean that's where he'll serve once he enlists?

I kind of hoped we would get a pre-recorded ot7 performance video and had a little bit of hope for a new song. But to see that we really get a new song, such a nice surprise😃.

I would like to know how or why Namjoon came to this new position/job.....

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I saw a tweet about this yesterday from a Seoul-based K-ARMY. She was pretty angry about the alarm because, basically, it was sent in error and done incorrectly, and the event that triggered it ( a satellite launch by N.Korea) had been announced in advance. I can't find the tweet back now but it was quite the rant. It boiled down to 'our current incompetent leadership did this for political reasons'. 

So I'd assume from that, that there's no danger to the SK military, or Hobi & Jin,  from this particular event. 

The alarm was because the failed satellite parts came down and japan also had the sirens on.

No dangerous escallation happening.

@barbara you're in for a treat, coming to Seoul during Festa!!! So many events to participate in!!! I wouldn't be there in Seoul until the morning of the 23th and a few events would have ended already then 🥲

57 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

would like to know how or why Namjoon came to this new position/job.....

Joon has been such a strong and highly regarded advocate for SK culture, it's within my expectation that he'd take up this role. I suspect they wanted more spotlight on such an impactful yet not very visible service.

Also I think this is separate from his enlistment.

9 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

@barbara you're in for a treat, coming to Seoul during Festa!!! So many events to participate in!!! I wouldn't be there in Seoul until the morning of the 23th and a few events would have ended already then 🥲

Joon has been such a strong and highly regarded advocate for SK culture, it's within my expectation that he'd take up this role. I suspect they wanted more spotlight on such an impactful yet not very visible service.

Also I think this is separate from his enlistment.

I don't get into Seoul until the 15th - but will have through the 18th (morning) so present for a small part (and going on the 17th to the big deal, though it's going to be a zoo.) Also made sure I have a room with a view of Namsan Tower.  I also made a reservation at the new Hybe Museum (not at Hybe) for the afternoon of the 16th but may change the time depending on what more is revealed between now and then.  Also want to see what Jeju Airlines deal is going to be because I fly to Jeju on the 18th...

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Link for live coverage of Joon's ambassadorship ceremony:

https://www.youtube.com/live/WwKf4YziPls?feature=share

Well, that was really weird.  I know Namjoon is proud and honored.  It annoys me that the government and the dept of defense have no issues with using BTS but only seem to recognize them, now - too late, as great ambassadors for Korea.

Also "Rap Monster" is not the man seen here today.  This is Kim Namjoon, BTS, Korean.   

I think that there must still be American soldiers lost and buried there.   And I'm not really sure how RM got this honorary mission.  If asked, he would never refuse.  Did they need an ambassador? 

Certainly we see the serious adult man here - but I still think the ceremony was sort of odd.

2 hours ago, barbara said:

Well, that was really weird.  I know Namjoon is proud and honored.  It annoys me that the government and the dept of defense have no issues with using BTS but only seem to recognize them, now - too late, as great ambassadors for Korea.

Also "Rap Monster" is not the man seen here today.  This is Kim Namjoon, BTS, Korean.   

I think that there must still be American soldiers lost and buried there.   And I'm not really sure how RM got this honorary mission.  If asked, he would never refuse.  Did they need an ambassador? 

Certainly we see the serious adult man here - but I still think the ceremony was sort of odd.

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I found all this really weird, too! I hope this counts as his enlistment but I highly doubt it ... sigh

I read some translations and discussion on Twitter.  It seems that the K.I.A. team needs to encourage families of the dead to submit DNA samples that will be used to identify the deceased that can't be identified any other way. It's been 70 years since the war, so time is running out to collect direct survivor DNA. RM was asked to be ambassador, in part, to help raise the profile of the project in order to reach more people quickly. 

It's so weird to see him get something like this on his own, and not as the leader of a group of 7.  It actually seems like something that would work even better if the whole group were the spokesmen

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I read some translations and discussion on Twitter.  It seems that the K.I.A. team needs to encourage families of the dead to submit DNA samples that will be used to identify the deceased that can't be identified any other way. It's been 70 years since the war, so time is running out to collect direct survivor DNA. RM was asked to be ambassador, in part, to help raise the profile of the project in order to reach more people quickly. 

It's so weird to see him get something like this on his own, and not as the leader of a group of 7.  It actually seems like something that would work even better if the whole group were the spokesmen

Except the very same department thought it best to force enlistment and we can't see OT7...  This is a translation, nicely done, of just Namjoon's part - and I, too, wonder - how did they choose him? (Good choice, but just wondering...)

And now I want to hear this entire interview- (and genuinely sad that Hobi will still be under the required number of days before he can get vacation days so will miss the Seoul concerts-)