The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

7 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

What did he think of it? Everyone I see on Twitter is either mocking S. Korea or laughing at the situation

7 hours ago, Faithyu said:

And again, glad I don't have social media....

Did he say where he saw it? I can't imagin any western media being interested in this.

Even Entertainment Tonight covered it... they took the opportunity to make it into a promo video for BTS's post-military comeback after covering the news part. I think there must be an ARMY working at ET.

As for my roommate, I don't know what he read or where, but he took the story seriously. I think he must have read one of the exaggerated ones... he couldn't find it back to show it to me

Edit: as regards MHJ/NJ and the loss of sales... what the heck did they think would happen when they bit the hands that fed them? 

@barbara whoa. You are intensely lucky to have even survived that. 😯

Looks like I'm going to have to get a Harper's Bazaar

ETA: remembering Jin's Dynamite promo look, I can see why Gucci waited around for Jin rather than hopping on known Gucci lover Tae. I wish Hybe styled him like this for the MV instead of that orange mushroom look

ETA 2:

ETA

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

As for my roommate, I don't know what he read or where, but he took the story seriously. I think he must have read one of the exaggerated ones... he couldn't find it back to show it to me

:rolleyes:

I told my husband that he had good company. His response was "Poor bastard can't have any fun"

I'm seeing so many negative tweets about Yoongi and SK and flat out lies - I'm staying off social media for a bit until it blows over. How does anyone or any K-media company actually have details of the arrest? And how many other Seoul residents got DUIs the same day? It's so overblown.

So, some Olympic news - especially because "is break dancing an actual sport?"

And Wootteo is still in Paris-  ( and 68 days until Hobi comes home -)

41 minutes ago, barbara said:

I'm seeing so many negative tweets about Yoongi and SK and flat out lies - I'm staying off social media for a bit until it blows over. How does anyone or any K-media company actually have details of the arrest? And how many other Seoul residents got DUIs the same day? It's so overblown.

It's overblown because K-media is following instructions of the government to put the spotlight on anything that is not the death of the corruption officer that was investigating the president's wifey for accepting a Dior bag as a form of what seems to be bribery. I'm absolutely convinced by it. It's even better for them because Kakao and SM Entertainment are in deep 💩 as well after the arrest of the CEO (?).

3 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

It's overblown because K-media is following instructions of the government to put the spotlight on anything that is not the death of the corruption officer that was investigating the president's wifey for accepting a Dior bag as a form of what seems to be bribery. I'm absolutely convinced by it. It's even better for them because Kakao and SM Entertainment are in deep 💩 as well after the arrest of the CEO (?).

I've seen quite a few big ARMY accounts reposting these news items as a form of Yoongi defense. The idea being that the government  doesn't get to use BTS as cover-up.

44 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I've seen quite a few big ARMY accounts reposting these news items as a form of Yoongi defense. The idea being that the government  doesn't get to use BTS as cover-up.

I've also seen people saying it was a set-up. Why would a police officer be there at the exact same time Yoongi happened to arrive at his home address? That conspiracy is way too much for me though. 

Personally, I don't think it can be taken as a defence. Yoongi did what he did. Being ignorant of a law doesn't make you exempt from having to pay the price for breaking it. Still doesn't mean that he should be scrutinised like this when he didn't even cause a single incident unlike other celebrities. Something about an actress or singer crashing into an electric post and causing an outage in an entire neighbourhood? :embSwan:

Hybe did rush in making the announcement I think. Would have been best to wait, get all the facts straight: what transportation method was used (maybe even what the alcohol level was that was detected). Now we just have a bunch of jobless people dragging him through the mud with the help of Koreaboo and the likes. 

23 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I've also seen people saying it was a set-up. Why would a police officer be there at the exact same time Yoongi happened to arrive at his home address? That conspiracy is way too much for me though. 

Eh, after reading what MHJ got up to to try and wreck Hybe I'm a lot more open to conspiracy theories of all sorts. Because there clearly really are people out there who plot that way.

26 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Still doesn't mean that he should be scrutinised like this when he didn't even cause a single incident unlike other celebrities.

This part. 

Between Jungkook panicking over his phone possibly falling into the water and thinking he was cursed because it had also rained during GMA and Yoongi's scootergate, maybe the shaman did end up doing something. 

Btw, wait for it.... it's intended to start there so no need to rewind it.

5 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Agree. Pretty sure it wasn't a set up, but also pretty sure it gets blown out of proportions to cover the current other situations that would normally headline😑.

And for her to drop another video on the matter and what she implies is going on on social media, man am I glad I'm not looking at these things, it sounds horrible and incredible frustrating stupid.

56 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Btw, wait for it.... it's intended to start there so no need to rewind it.

🤩😍🤩. Kpop goes really well with rhythm gymnastics😁.

I don't know who we can believe about any of the details of the Yoongi 'incident". Did Hybe get out ahead of it and release misinformation? Why would they do that if they knew there would be all sorts of conjecture.  I think the only things we can feel sure of is that, for whatever reason, there happened to be an officer nearby when Yoongi was returning home and either his 'scooter" fell or he fell while parking it, or after parking it; gave him a breathalyzer test and he was over the limit; and either took him to a station and booked him/fined him and took his license away.  

If IF his blood alcohol was as high as some unsubstantiated reports, a lot more would have happened.  If there were planning on criminal charges, which seems unlikely, there would be a hearing and then  he'd have his license revoked.  I believe that Yoongi saying his license was taken so that must be the process there.  He wouldn't be flowery or full of details, but he doesn't seem to have been arrested or detained.  If that had been the case, it would have gotten into the press within hours and not days.

And I don't know if there has been any press release from Hybe at all.  This was an unfortunate, personal thing.  The military manpower administration would not have released a statement saying that Yoongi had not done anything that would cause them to be involved at all.  Even a soldier off-duty, if arrested or detained, would be in trouble with the MMA.

Just hoping the focus is taken off him and back on actual scandals or legal problems (like SK, in general, MHJ, SM and Kakao).   And if tthere is more to it, info will be released by Yoongi, with apologies.