The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

6 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I've mentioned the 50% thing before but I've only ever seen 1 site say that. Just in case, I stream on a separate device than what I'm watching. All my platforms are streaming at full volume setting with the device muted. 

Tonight, I'm reminded of how childish I can be. Even though this isn't even the lead single, I'm nervous for Jimin. I don't want Lisa's single to do better than his. He has 4 hours less tracking time as well. I'm a little curious if she'll still get full Blink support now that it's becoming more and more obvious that they've essentially disbanded (Twitter says that there are no group activities planned at all during their 2 year contract). 

As her MV is nearly at 13mil views, one can say she has a strong fan group behind her (I'm not a fan of the song though🤷🏼‍♀️)

5 minutes ago, barbara said:

I guess it was recorded live - and I love that Pdogg is in it..... certainly won't get the kind of play that Like Crazy has, but a dance challenge could boost that.

In my opinion one can clearly hear it's a live, also, no need for in-ears if your not doing a live performance😉.

10 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Tonight, I'm reminded of how childish I can be. Even though this isn't even the lead single, I'm nervous for Jimin. I don't want Lisa's single to do better than his. He has 4 hours less tracking time as well. I'm a little curious if she'll still get full Blink support now that it's becoming more and more obvious that they've essentially disbanded (Twitter says that there are no group activities planned at all during their 2 year contract). 

I get that you're concerned but you also need to put things into perspective:

a. Their fandom has no need to split themselves into 7 and keep up with all other releases that happened in such a short amount of time.

b. Generally, ARMY has learned to focus more on sales on different platforms. The fact that Jimin reached #1 on iTunes UK compared to her #10 says it all xD

Their focus is YT because they know they can't get the sales in

c. It's not a flex nor a critique but Lisa's fandom clearly has more time to spend on youtube and do what is necessary to not get the streams filtered. Are they younger? Perhaps...  

It's a working day for us, I've been in and out of meetings, barely had any time to stream Smeraldo twice on Spotify and thrice on youtube. We're working adults and streaming in the background is just sometimes not feasible and the stats show that the majority of ARMY are adults over 25 🤷🏻‍♀️

Well, I find making new Spotify playlists exhausting.  There are so many songs I want to put on it butt still am trying to get Jimin's new one and RMs and JKs, too - and up the streams of Like Crazy and even Dynamite. And all of Jins.  It's like a job -- @Whoopiewoop is correct in pointing out that it takes a young unbusy person to give it the time to really boost streams. The MV is over 2.5 million so far and a lot of the world was asleep when it came out.  I'll work on a new YouTube playlist tomorrow, knowing that I am going too want to do this all again when his album comes out.

I think the song is sweet and has so many nods to BTS and ARMY -- the 12, rock-paper-scissors. Certain hand movements.  It's like this is as much of a "for ARMY" as his last one and JK's.  They were thinking ahead.  (and I still love that Pdogg is in it --)

On 6/26/2024 at 8:54 PM, Old Cat Lady said:

This stat is pretty incredible. As far as I know, Taylor, Beyonce, Harry Styles, Drake, etc. haven't managed to do it at all. Comments are saying Joon has 1 song that got #1 in 100 countries but I can't figure out which one. I thought Wildflower ended up with 86? ETA: I see on Twitter and Reddit that it got 100. I'm a little surprised that Yours was more popular that Super Tuna - I didn't hear a lot of buzz around Yours

Add 1 more to Jimin's tally :cheer:. I like the song. My only criticism of it is that the sound quality isn't great and can be a bit distracting, but that makes sense if it's a live performance.

1 hour ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I get that you're concerned but you also need to put things into perspective:

a. Their fandom has no need to split themselves into 7 and keep up with all other releases that happened in such a short amount of time.

b. Generally, ARMY has learned to focus more on sales on different platforms. The fact that Jimin reached #1 on iTunes UK compared to her #10 says it all xD

Their focus is YT because they know they can't get the sales in

Yes, it feels a bit like Army's have said "goodbye" YT and here we go other streaming platforms.

I was confused by it through the last releases as well, but a high view count on the MV on YT won't get you in the charts, right? So it's logical to put your focus on where it matters🤷🏼‍♀️.

1 hour ago, Whoopiewoop said:

It's a working day for us, I've been in and out of meetings, barely had any time to stream Smeraldo twice on Spotify and thrice on youtube. We're working adults and streaming in the background is just sometimes not feasible and the stats show that the majority of ARMY are adults over 25 🤷🏻‍♀️

Even with me working at home, I haven't managed more than a few streams, cause I need to concentrate and Jimin's song is not something I can hear while trying to focus😅.

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I'm a little surprised that it hasn't already done this. But I guess Army focuses on the singles

Like Crazy was the fastest to get over a billion (with a b) streams on Spotify.  JK had three top tens on Golden  Let's give Jimin a chance with his full album - though JK's were all written by other people and all in English.  Face set records, too - and is more true Jimin.  I'm not dissing Golden at all.  They're just different....I love thatt they don't think of themselves in competition and cheer each other on.

15 minutes ago, barbara said:

Like Crazy was the fastest to get over a billion (with a b) streams on Spotify.  JK had three top tens on Golden  Let's give Jimin a chance with his full album - though JK's were all written by other people and all in English.  Face set records, too - and is more true Jimin.  I'm not dissing Golden at all.  They're just different....I love thatt they don't think of themselves in competition and cheer each other on.

Why mention that he didn't write his songs though?. 🤷🏻‍♀️

His talents lay somewhere completely different than Jimin's and if he doesn't feel ready to write and release his own songs because of his imposter syndrome we should not make it a point against him. Instead we should focus on his abilities to be a chameleon when it comes to singing in different genres, no? 

We should just all focus on each member equally without feeling the need to point out differences between one and the other. 

I get what you're saying and I know that you don't mean any harm, it's just frustrating to see it when that is exactly what antis are saying to bring JK down.

About Golden, JK said it himself in his interview on Jimmy Fallon - he wanted to tell a certain story with the album, while focussing on showcasing his vocal talents and presenting himself as a singer who can do anything. He knew his own songs wouldn't tell the story he wanted (and if you listen to the songs he has written, like Begin, and My Time, and Still With You, you'll see what he means), so he accepted to use songs written by others. It was a deliberate artistic choice for the sake of the bigger picture of the album that he wanted to make. 

I think he accomplished exactly what he set out to do. 

11 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Why mention that he didn't write his songs though?. 🤷🏻‍♀️

His talents lay somewhere completely different than Jimin's and if he doesn't feel ready to write and release his own songs because of his imposter syndrome we should not make it a point against him. Instead we should focus on his abilities to be a chameleon when it comes to singing in different genres, no? 

We should just all focus on each member equally without feeling the need to point out differences between one and the other. 

I get what you're saying and I know that you don't mean any harm, it's just frustrating to see it when that is exactly what antis are saying to bring JK down.

Gotcha  - I see that what I said seems like comparisons.  I will endeavor to avoid this in the future.  I think it bothers me a little that each member is measured by outside standards of success when they are all so different. JK is truly the golden maknae and his accomplishments are stunning.  His global reception was well deserved but people wanting him to go solo because of that worried me a little, but only for a second, until I remembered how important his members and OT7 are to him.  

It is a natural consequence of the different styles of each member that reception of their solo work has varied -- and it sort of hurts that the brilliance of, say, Namjoon doesn't "sell" the same as JK or Tae.  As Son Sung Deuk has said, after Butter, that he wanted to show each member's "charms" but wasn't able to in such a short song -- we, as ARMY, were not able to really see and appreciate the totality of the "charms" of each member until we experienced their solo work.  It is the fusion of all that talent that gave us BTS.  I saw a tweet that said "if you are a ______(fill in the member name) stan, you stan ARMY, you are ARMY." 

I really miss the whole of them.  The team.  And will support their individual projects equally.  They cheer each other on and find joy in each other's success.  ARMY can, too.

And it is raining here more than not -- like almost all the time - and that makes me think far too much.

What I find so interesting about their solo albums is that I can see now how each of their individual musical 'flavours' adds in to the whole that is BTS music. It's like eating pizza almost - every ingredient that goes into pizza is also tasty on its own, and very enjoyable, but put all together in a pizza and the result is very different yet the elements of each flavour is still there.

Bangtan are a feast for the senses, for sure.