The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

Just now, ralucutzagy said:

I wonder abt Yoongi ... aftter the tour is over, maybe Seprember ... and my bet is for Jimin going next.

I see Yoongi opening up to enlistment as soon as his tour is over.  He's going to want to get it over with.  But we don't really know if he'll be doing traditional military - there was that idea out in the ether back when Jin started the procedure that Yoongi was somehow not "fit" but that's why he had his shoulder surgery.  I know that the US military wouldn't turn him down because he'd once had a bad shoulder,

36 minutes ago, barbara said:

This is the kind of thing parents go to, but then most who go in are much younger

I think we have to remember that SK has a different culture. I'm still baffled to have heard somewhere that Jimin spent two years without seeing his parents and the only thought I had was: well, what did they do? Did they just sit around? They could have gone to Seoul and visit him....

I think children are expected to do more for their parents than the other way around. 

-----

I knew I was going to wake up to these news, but in the end I wasn't fully prepared with how hard that group shot hit me. I don't feel like it's going to get any easier but I try to find comfort in how positive Hobi sounded about the experience. 

2 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I think we have to remember that SK has a different culture. I'm still baffled to have heard somewhere that Jimin spent two years without seeing his parents and the only thought I had was: well, what did they do? Did they just sit around? They could have gone to Seoul and visit him....

I think children are expected to do more for their parents than the other way around. 

-----

I knew I was going to wake up to these news, but in the end I wasn't fully prepared with how hard that group shot hit me. I don't feel like it's going to get any easier but I try to find comfort in how positive Hobi sounded about the experience. 

It seems others in the UK heard the news... 

and the culture in Korea is very age deferential. That's why being even months older means you're older and should be deferred to.  I don't imagine that any of the members parents actually considered that their children would be the sort of money-earners they are.  I don't think they had a clue as to how it would work out.  It seems more to me that, for most of them, it was allowing their children to follow a dream. Kind of like letting your child pursue football when pone in 100K actually ever make any money playing it.  I don't know how much free time they had when they were trainees anyway.  Almost none. And Yoongi's parents weren't supportive at all.  

The few Korean parents I have met and talked to are very invested in their children.  Not like helicopter parents but have high expectations; more in the educational vein, though.  

I think the trainee culture is something we can't quite fully grasp.  I know I would never have sent my 13 or 14 year old to the "big" city and have him live with 6 other teenage boys in a one bedroom apartment.  The man in the family of the dog I sit for on Jeju is a teacher (he is American from NoCal) at a private school where all the teaching is done in English.  Parents from Korea and China and some other countries send their kids there to help them succeed in their lives.  But most of the kids go home for vacations and holidays.  

I do wonder why some of the member's parents didn't visit and see their boys.  I think it was Tae who said his father would drive (?) a really long round trip so he could see him on a Sunday for a few hours.

Still, what were JK's parents thinking when they sent him off to Seoul? Jimin was already headed towards dance seriously and maybe his going wasn't quite the same stretch, but he was still just a boy.

It's a little after 8 pm here and I have been thinking about just what a shock to his system this day has been for Hobi.  I hope he's as excited as he wanted us to believe he was.  And at least he had Jin fill him in on what would be happening.

Asian parents do in general expect their children to succeed, academically or in their chosen field, much more than others I think, from what I've observed anyways.

Regarding the visiting thing, I supposed the mundane hecticness of everyday time can make time fly so fast you wouldn't even realize that much time has passed. The boys barely had time to breathe and sleep, so matching everyone's schedule must have been difficult too since their free time might have been spotty at best.

Also, when I was away from home for school, since Feb 2008, I was like 18 then? I didn't go home for like 8 years, and my mom only came over to visit/go on a vacation once 5 years later. Dad visited once before in 2010. They visited one more time after that I think. Anyway I was quite all right with it, didn't really get homesick. Maybe it's just me. They called me often though, like once every week or so. 

Also a lot of well-off parents in Vietnam send their children abroad to study in boarding schools as early as 6th grade. Most often from 9th grade. They just value education that much I guess.

Anyhow, some more tears from today 🥹🥹🥹

I think Joon was supposed to enlist together with him so the plan change must have shaken up his psyche a little. So he needed a bit more reassurance. I'm glad Jin was able to take leave to be there with him and the rest. Hopefully this would continue for other members' enlistment too.

I suspect Taejoon would be last since one is busy finishing their second studio album, and the other can't seem to fully finish one song, let alone a whole ambitious 15 track album (his words, during the Butterful getaway fancall) lol

JK's album would be next, undoubtedly. So maybe Jikook would go at the same time? Or close to each other. 

Either way, they would always make time to be there for each other and it's precious 💜

Also, @rockstaryuzu and @Old Cat Lady, I can't go to NYC after all 🥲🥲🥲 Hopefully I'll get to see you guys another time 🥹

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

Also a lot of well-off parents in Vietnam send their children abroad to study in boarding schools as early as 6th grade. Most often from 9th grade. They just value education that much I guess.

This. I get the impression that sending your kids to boarding school is way more of a thing in Korea than it is here, so what happened with Jimin and JK is probably not that unusual.  Still though, JK seems to have a really close and loving relationship with his parents, so I'm sure they came to visit him and stuff. Whereas Jimin seems so very driven... even if he wanted to see his parents or they to see him, he'd probably have prioritized his work back in those days... maybe not now, though. 

Anyhow, some more tears from today 🥹🥹🥹

I think Joon was supposed to enlist together with him so the plan change must have shaken up his psyche a little. So he needed a bit more reassurance. I'm glad Jin was able to take leave to be there with him and the rest. Hopefully this would continue for other members' enlistment too.

I suspect Taejoon would be last since one is busy finishing their second studio album, and the other can't seem to fully finish one song, let alone a whole ambitious 15 track album (his words, during the Butterful getaway fancall) lol

JK's album would be next, undoubtedly. So maybe Jikook would go at the same time? Or close to each other. 

Either way, they would always make time to be there for each other and it's precious

💜

I think RM is probably going as soon as he gets whatever project done. IMO Jimin will go next, then RM, maybe together. And Tae and Yoongi will go last. Yoongi will probably go at the very last second before his enlistment deadline. 

Also, @rockstaryuzu and @Old Cat Lady, I can't go to NYC after all 🥲🥲🥲 Hopefully I'll get to see you guys another time 🥹

No worries! It's nice that you gave it considerstion! 

On a slightly different topic:

I went in to my local Metro (a grocery store) and they were playing TXT's Magic over the sound system! I was so surprised- the stores here will play BTS but that's the first time I've heard Tubatu. It was a nice little pick-me-up

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

On a slightly different topic:

I went in to my local Metro (a grocery store) and they were playing TXT's Magic over the sound system! I was so surprised- the stores here will play BTS but that's the first time I've heard Tubatu. It was a nice little pick-me-up

This makes me incredible happy😃. Sounds like they have an open minded person doing the playlists.

Still feels kind of unreal that the boys are headliners for Lolapalooza.

And I hope they (bighit) will finally find time to give the boys an in the soop or bon voyage experience. Of course its still kind of work, but it is different and they would love to go (and it would be a way for them to finally get more then three days to spend their time like they want, especially with in the soop).

New Video of JK&CK😎

Yoongi is killing me.  And I was already dead (thanks, JK).  And grieving the fact that we won't hear anything from Hobi until May 23 (and neither will the members so I'm way more sad for them....to have someone in your life for 11, 12 years and know that you can reach out and talk to them, even when you're living in your own place, and then not be able to for 5 weeks.  It seems like a lot..)

Taetae went live on IG to keep up with the younger generation but he couldn't figure out how to turn on the comments (glad he didn't) so he dipped, and went on WV instead hahaha

His IG live

In his WV live, he called out Army for being predictable even after 10 years with our questions, and asked for funnier ones lol

Also, Jin is buff now!!!

He was on for like 30 mins today!! Looking so fluffy too 😍 

Also Yoongi..... so beautiful, too much so!! And chest 🫣