The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

1 hour ago, Faithyu said:

And regarding contracts:

Hide contents

My guess on a new contract would be for it beeing kind of open so it would allow them to be OT7, but also taking time to follow solo projects or taking breaks. I think this would be a healthy way to do it. In my opinion they can't and shouldn't go back to the crazy "we need to do two albums a year, have max 3days of free time a month and solo stuff has to be done in the small gaps inbetween" kind of schedule. With an open, flowing contract there also wouldn't be a need to put a year behind it. They would bring the company money anyway, beeing it as OT7 or with solo work. But I guess the contract for xx years thing is just how it's done in korea🤷🏼‍♀️.
They love performing as BTS, but they have also grown as individual artists and persons. So, the way for a long and on going happy bts future as I see it, would be to allow them both and I'm pretty sure that will be the case, because BigHit knows what they have with them: the greatest band in the world and amazing solo artists😎.

I concur. I imagine the new contract will allow more individual freedom and likely more of the profits. They each have different goals but they love each other and understand that their individual successes have been extensions of their work together.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jin decided to use extra free time to do something outside of entertainment as he seems least interested in solo spotlight, although I still really hope he gets cast in a Disney musical or something - his looks, aura, and voice are perfect for that genre. I know he said at one point that he wasn't interested in acting anymore, but last year he told an actor "if I act one day, I want to act like you" so I'm still holding out hope. JK will keep working on being a "huge pop star" and the rest will follow their musical passion projects while also doing side projects. It's crazy how many people on Twitter are telling Tae to leave the company for being mistreated - huh? He's arguably the most popular member! - and what company is he going to have more power in?

I was watching this video and thought, now that they're in Chapter 2, this should be a new Run BTS episode :grin: ... not seriously, but can you imagine the melt down they and the fans would have?

ETA: btw, I found out that there were other idols that have gotten Special Warrior. Maybe the original article I read was old or I read it from a misinformed Tweet or something

2 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

JK was live again, not a very bright live, his cold is back and worse tnen before his network wasn't working and Army was calling him Ian. Poor bunny.

Yeah, he seemed pretty annoyed at being called Ian. I hope they take him seriously and stop the joke now. It was funny for 2 minutes.

Don't want to be that person, but his messed up sleeping pattern probably contributed to him being this sick. I remember when I worked 10 hour long night shifts a few years ago for less than 2 years and ran on 5-7 hours of sleep during the day I was constantly feeling ill.

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Omfg :eeking:

On that note:

I bought the 3-day, HD Multiview pass for the concerts this weekend... a.k.a. the shareable ticket. @Faithyu's already claimed her spots for the Aug5 and Aug 6 livestreams, but there's the replays next weekend and the Aug 4 concert still available.

Two devices can login per livestream, which means two of us (if we each login one device). All you need is the login info and (maybe) a VPN set to Canada.

Is anyone else interested? I'm asking to split the cost and broke it down to the cost per view per device  - $12.78 USD, so you'd just pay for what you use, rather than splitting the whole ticket. 

Let me know in DMs! 

JK said he had to go to the hospital.  Maybe that's the equivalent of an urgent care center.  Yet, I, too, think he'll at least be at Yoongi's concert and maybe perform.  Who knows what might be shown during these shows.  Since we never really had confirmation that Hobi took his leave immediately after his 100 days was up, maybe he will appear (and they can duet "Huh").

I feel chastised.   My comments about the future and OT7 and what I thought and what I want will, henceforth, be extremely limited.  I will keep my desires and my understandings and my hopes to myself.

One thing I've noticed is that we all seem to reading/watching different source material for our Bangtan news, and depending on where we get our info from, we're either chill and relaxed, or anxious and depressed,  about Bangtan's future.

I can't emphasize this enough: please only believe the info from official sources, which are BigHit, HYBE, and what the guys themselves say. Everything else runs the risk of being inaccurate.

Also: read slowly, and/or re-watch if you have questions after watching the first time. Try to read for maximum comprehension. Especially when reading things online, it's easy for your eyes to skip ovr words or sentences and distort the meaning as a result. 

I started doing this about a year into my Yuzu fandom because a lot of the fan translations of his words and interviews used needlessly dramatic interpretations of his words and it left me in a tizzy. It was only when I went back to primary, official sources that I was able to calm down

20 minutes ago, barbara said:

JK said he had to go to the hospital.  Maybe that's the equivalent of an urgent care center. 

It seems like Koreans go to the hospital for a lot of stuff we'd go to the doctor's office for. Cultural difference? Or translation issue? I wonder which it is

34 минуты назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Also: read slowly, and/or re-watch if you have questions after watching the first time. Try to read for maximum comprehension. Especially when reading things online, it's easy for your eyes to skip ovr words or sentences and distort the meaning as a result. 

I started doing this about a year into my Yuzu fandom because a lot of the fan translations of his words and interviews used needlessly dramatic interpretations of his words and it left me in a tizzy. It was only when I went back to primary, official sources that I was able to calm down

That’s the reason why I always read several fan translations even for lives. 

28 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

It seems like Koreans go to the hospital for a lot of stuff we'd go to the doctor's office for. Cultural difference? Or translation issue? I wonder which it is

I guess in SK hospital=doctor’s office

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

One thing I've noticed is that we all seem to reading/watching different source material for our Bangtan news, and depending on where we get our info from, we're either chill and relaxed, or anxious and depressed,  about Bangtan's future.

I can't emphasize this enough: please only believe the info from official sources, which are BigHit, HYBE, and what the guys themselves say. Everything else runs the risk of being inaccurate.

Am I the only one that doesn't see how plans have changed? I thought Namjoon said that they'd get back together "some time" in 2025. And Hybe made that statement that essentially said "sh!t happens. Might be 2026". It seems to me that the plans were always somewhat fluid. 

Theoretically, the last one could go in June of 2024 and they'd still be able to reunite "some time" in 2025.

It seems to me that the whole point of staggering them like this was so that they wouldn't lose momentum while they're in the military so my guess is that they always planned to do some sort of activity until at least the last quarter of 2025. I suspect that the only big change in plans was that Namjoon decided to wait longer to enlist, but it may be that he was always working on this 2nd album so even that might not have been a change in plans.

The other bonus of them being staggered is that none of them will have to spend the entire time in the military without seeing another one. It doesn't look like they get to serve in the same squad and I imagine that it's difficult to line up time off so it would be hard for them to visit each other if they were all serving at the same time.

53 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Am I the only one that doesn't see how plans have changed? I

From my perspective, they never were that specific anyway. There was outside speculation as to their plans but they themselves kept it vague. So if the plans have changed or not, how can we even tell?