The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

1 hour ago, Faithyu said:

This article seems a bit inaccurate. For example, it says that the standard enlistment period is 21 months, but that's no longer true.

What is true is that their comeback date is obviously a moving target. Apart from the fact that only two of them have enlisted yet, it's up to the military to decide when they get released from service. BigHit doesn't have control over that, the guys don't have control over that. 

I don't know what RM is up to that's keeping him out when I'd expected him to enlist by now but clearly they're no longer on the original plan, whatever it was. As annoying and frustrating as it is to have no certainty around comebacks, we just have to f*****g wait, that's all. The only fact we know for sure is that Yoongi is obligated to enlist by Dec 31 of this year because of his age. Beyond that the rest of them could all choose to pursue solo stuff for another 2-3 years and there's nothing any of us can do. 

I don't think they'll do that. But it's a situation where gnawing over it doesn't help. We fans can only wstch it unfold and support what they make in the meantime.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

This article seems a bit inaccurate. For example, it says that the standard enlistment period is 21 months, but that's no longer true.

What is true is that their comeback date is obviously a moving target. Apart from the fact that only two of them have enlisted yet, it's up to the military to decide when they get released from service. BigHit doesn't have control over that, the guys don't have control over that. 

I don't know what RM is up to that's keeping him out when I'd expected him to enlist by now but clearly they're no longer on the original plan, whatever it was. As annoying and frustrating as it is to have no certainty around comebacks, we just have to f*****g wait, that's all. The only fact we know for sure is that Yoongi is obligated to enlist by Dec 31 of this year because of his age. Beyond that the rest of them could all choose to pursue solo stuff for another 2-3 years and there's nothing any of us can do. 

I don't think they'll do that. But it's a situation where gnawing over it doesn't help. We fans can only wstch it unfold and support what they make in the meantime.

Yeah - the military has them for 18 months.  And if they had followed what they initially said they would do, RM would have enlisted months ago, and Jimin would be enlisting about now (since his album came out at the end of March).  The understanding seemed to be that each member would do a solo project and then enlist after the promotion period for that project.  Two months seems about right as they have been doing a 2-3 month gap between solo debuts.  So RM and Jimin are already showing that they aren't following that (I wouldn't call it "breaking their word" because there was no promise and they are artists....).  Truly, they seem to engage with ARMY right before or during a promotion and hardly at all at any other time.  I believe they have enjoyed the break from the constant work schedule they had for nine years (yes, they had their 10 yr anniversary but have done only a couple of things together in that 10th year) and i understand that.  I guess that after what seemed like a pretty steady dialogue with ARMY, they no longer tell us what's going on or what plans are being discussed (let alone the military enlistment dates..).

If Bang doesn't think they will re-sign a contract by 2025, he'll be selling stock. (And would be a fool to announce it -)  If he knows they will, then it's a "buy stock" situation.  Hybe will benefit financially every single day until then.  

I feel certain they will not go to another agency. Just what they sign up for is the open question.  And it is f-ing frustrating.  All imply when on Yoongi's show that they want to be together but I don't actually take as truth anything they say anymore,:weeping:  except Jin.  i'll wait.

1 hour ago, barbara said:

but I don't actually take as truth anything they say anymore,:weeping:

But why? They haven't outright lied to us,  just been vague and, at times, caught unawares by circumstance.

I think the underlying problem is that they don't actually have all this planned out to a T. I mean, clearly Jin and Hobi do, but JK, for example, has said that he follows his gut, so unless someone else tells him to do things in a certain way, he probably won't. If they themselves don't really know how things are going to go, it's a bit much to expect them to give the fans a detailed schedule

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

🥲🥲🥲

I don't know why it is that he is not their performance director anymore (okay, they aren't performing at present, but some of them are...). He is right, though.  The last ten years was his youth, too, and I think he deserves an amazing amount of credit for the success.  He corralled in their energy and perfectionism and gave them every they needed to excel.

And - I know the members really didn't know what was coming and how they'd really feel - but the feelings and plans stated at Festa 2022 were genuine.  Yes - JK trusts his guts and, in reality, has never really had to make any sort of real adult decision on his own.  But I know they still all have group chats and keep in touch and JK does respect and admire his older hyungs.  I just wonder if any one has pointed out how his "gut" feelings and decisions impact the others and the overall future of OT7.

I'm going to have to believe they will eventually come around and be okay -but it's sad that they haven't stuck to the original plan.  Sad for Jin and Hobi.  Sad for ARMY.  Solo stans for some of the members can be happy, but everyone misses OT7, even the members.  JK may be trying be taken seriously as an adult, but he is immature (not his fault...) in his decision making.

Chapter Two.  Anxious for when that will be.

Beautiful! 

btw, JK "liked" a video of this pole dancer on his TikTok

and speaking of contract renewal... a certain other group's contract expires on on Aug. 7th

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure they're going to renew and I don't have anything against them, but I admit to giggling at the thought of a twitter meltdown if it doesn't happen

Lisa has had a lot of success, but I highly doubt it would be half as successful without Blink fandom. According to the first article, she's the only hold out - I wonder how the chemistry between members would work if she got a better deal than the rest.

https://www.musicmundial.com/en/2023/07/30/blackpink-has-not-renewed-their-contract-with-yg-entertainment-is-it-the-end/

https://www.zoomtventertainment.com/korean/blackpink-members-to-renew-contract-with-yg-entertainment-lisa-to-not-leave-the-agency-all-we-know-korean-entertainment-article-101746350

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/12/yg-entertainment-stocks-fall-amid-questions-over-blackpink-contract-renewal.html

1 hour ago, barbara said:

I'm going to have to believe they will come around and be okay -but it's sad that they haven't stuck to the original plan.  Sad for Jin and Hobi.  Sad for ARMY.  Solo stans for some of the members can be happy, but everyone misses OT7, even the members.  JK may be trying be taken seriously as an adult, but he is immature (not his fault...) in his decision making.

Chapter Two.  Anxious for when that will be.

I think this is very unfair from you. You don’t know what goes on behind closed doors, you don’t know what they talk about when it comes to their future. This is their moment, not ARMY’s and they deserve it. It’s their moment to reflect, to grow personally and get to know a world outside of BTS, to try new things. 

I get you’re frustrated because things are not going the way you want but if there is something I’m 100% is that neither of them will make a decision without taking into consideration the others’ opinions and how it affect them because whatever they do still reflects on Bangtan.

You just have to accept that their lives do not revolve around OT7, as it should. RM is spending time with his own friends and making music, dragging out his enlistment day as well. Where is the claim if irresponsibility there from you? He’s enjoying his life. They are enjoying their lives. Let them. This is how our generation works. We are no longer inclined to plan everything to the T because we’re tired of that mindset brought on by previous generations. It doesn’t mean we’re immature.

I have no clue how big this magazine is, but still cool. I'm looking forward to November when "People"'s Sexiest Man Alive issue comes out. I'm sure JK will be in it unless Tae manages to be more successful with his solo. But I think there's a difference between beautiful and sexy. E.G. Jin is beautiful but I personally don't find him at all sexy and I think that's the main reason he doesn't have as many solos as the other vocal line.

TheNetizens-3.jpg?w=1020&ssl=1

https://netizensreport.com/jungkook-named-most-handsome-man-alive-2023/

Lets enjoy JK in CK😎

Edit: @Luminous was faster, but just 5sec!😉

And Tae did another of his super short lives, lol.

And regarding contracts:

Spoiler

My guess on a new contract would be for it beeing kind of open so it would allow them to be OT7, but also taking time to follow solo projects or taking breaks. I think this would be a healthy way to do it. In my opinion they can't and shouldn't go back to the crazy "we need to do two albums a year, have max 3days of free time a month and solo stuff has to be done in the small gaps inbetween" kind of schedule. With an open, flowing contract there also wouldn't be a need to put a year behind it. They would bring the company money anyway, beeing it as OT7 or with solo work. But I guess the contract for xx years thing is just how it's done in korea🤷🏼‍♀️.
They love performing as BTS, but they have also grown as individual artists and persons. So, the way for a long and on going happy bts future as I see it, would be to allow them both and I'm pretty sure that will be the case, because BigHit knows what they have with them: the greatest band in the world and amazing solo artists😎.

10 часов назад, barbara сказал:

Yeah - the military has them for 18 months.  And if they had followed what they initially said they would do, RM would have enlisted months ago, and Jimin would be enlisting about now (since his album came out at the end of March).  The understanding seemed to be that each member would do a solo project and then enlist after the promotion period for that project.  Two months seems about right as they have been doing a 2-3 month gap between solo debuts.  So RM and Jimin are already showing that they aren't following that (I wouldn't call it "breaking their word" because there was no promise and they are artists....).  Truly, they seem to engage with ARMY right before or during a promotion and hardly at all at any other time.  I believe they have enjoyed the break from the constant work schedule they had for nine years (yes, they had their 10 yr anniversary but have done only a couple of things together in that 10th year) and i understand that.  I guess that after what seemed like a pretty steady dialogue with ARMY, they no longer tell us what's going on or what plans are being discussed (let alone the military enlistment dates..).

If Bang doesn't think they will re-sign a contract by 2025, he'll be selling stock. (And would be a fool to announce it -)  If he knows they will, then it's a "buy stock" situation.  Hybe will benefit financially every single day until then.  

I feel certain they will not go to another agency. Just what they sign up for is the open question.  And it is f-ing frustrating.  All imply when on Yoongi's show that they want to be together but I don't actually take as truth anything they say anymore,:weeping:  except Jin.  i'll wait.

There was info that they all will enlist till the end of 2023. It's up to them to decide when. RM will have another album. It seems that Jimin wants to support all the members during their solo projects. There is no reason not to believe them.

Edit: I really want to see their solo work in future too. 

5 hours ago, barbara said:

I don't know why it is that he is not their performance director anymore (okay, they aren't performing at present, but some of them are...). He is right, though.  The last ten years was his youth, too, and I think he deserves an amazing amount of credit for the success.  He corralled in their energy and perfectionism and gave them every they needed to excel.

He got promoted and is now Hybes executive creator😊.