The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And that was after TM jacked the price upon JK being announced as a headliner

They did?  How did you find that out?  (Totally not surprised, of course - and also certain that Hybe was not involved at all in this one.)

I love that Tae is being talked about as the "visual" in BTS - when that is what was initially behind Jin becoming a member.  Ah, so many visuals.  Seven of them.

Huh. What's the point of announcing a top 2? The award is already a joke, why also remove the drama of the moment? Honestly, if TXT wins this and BP doesn't show up, it kind of confirms that this is an attendance award. But even if it is an attendance award, it'll be meaningful for them because it'll give them exposure to the American public when they wouldn't normally get it

ETA: :facepalm:  Ooooh! So apparently they're doing a run off between the 2 groups but you have to vote through MTV's instagram stories

Still confusing and super annoying. I can't tell if my vote actually went through. When you click on them, it pauses their pic and a link shows up to take you to the main voting page, but voting is closed on the site :confused:

ETA 2: saw this link in the comments. When I click it says my vote has been counted. Not sure if it actually has

7 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Huh. What's the point of announcing a top 2? The award is already a joke, why also remove the drama of the moment? Honestly, if TXT wins this and BP doesn't show up, it kind of confirms that this is an attendance award. But even if it is an attendance award, it'll be meaningful for them because it'll give them exposure to the American public when they wouldn't normally get it

ETA: :facepalm:  Ooooh! So apparently they're doing a run off between the 2 groups but you have to vote through MTV's instagram stories

Still confusing and super annoying. I can't tell if my vote actually went through. When you click on them, it pauses their pic and a link shows up to take you to the main voting page, but voting is closed on the site :confused:

ETA 2: saw this link in the comments. When I click it says my vote has been counted. Not sure if it actually has

I guess voting for Song of the Summer/Year/Whatever isn't open yet. I just tried. Planning to split my 10 votes equally between JK and TXT because why not? 

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

Ooohhh summer vibes~~~~

I'm really looking forward to this!!!

I feel like he's creating a dreamy, beautiful world for us to join him in, with this album.

Each one of these solo efforts have been a revelation. It's like a world of colours I didn't know existed is popping open before my eyes as each member shows us their own particular musical character, without necessarily having regards to the commercial viability of what they're doing.

It's a trip! :S

But it's also an incredible privilege to see what seasoned artists can do when they have no limitations put on them by outside concerns like budget or a manager's expectations, when they're completely free to explore and produce and make what they feel like sharing with the fans. Both with Yuzu's turning pro, and with this, I feel like I'm watching a kind of Renaissance in performing arts. In the actual Renaissance, artists were supported by rich patrons and that allowed them to create amazing things. But now in the internet age, the patrons are the fans who can watch from wherever see what's good, and support it - and because it's miilions of fans with many varying opinions, and not just one single cranky billionaire that they have to cater to, the artists are set free. It's incredible to be living at such a time, and be a part of it. Everytime I think about it, I get goosebumps!

MTV awards - I thought I wasn't having votes count (and I think it's only a single vote and not ten, as it was before) - but now realize that you have to follow MTV on Instagram in order to get to the voting post (and it's a "story", not a post).  I can't seem to pull up the voting for group of the year - they are currently offering ip song of the summer.  It seems random to catch the IG "story" you want to vote on.  Really seem squirrelly.

17 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

So smooth!! :loveeyes:

Looks like some of them used the time to take some basic dance classes. Yoongi, Namjoon and now Tae grooving and vibing along. I love it😊.

And I also really like what I'm hearing, looking forward to the song