Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2020/2021 Season Program Announcements

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Clearly the new trend for next season!

dutgickcxdt this with Rika I was just guessing :dpooh:

Oh, sorry, I thought she had announced it!

It was because she was visiting Montréal cathedral, wasn't it?

3 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Oh, sorry, I thought she had announced it!

It was because she was visiting Montréal cathedral, wasn't it?

Yes BUT fans were asking her for hints about new programs and day later she posted 2345718 photos from Notre-Dame Basilica SO MAYBE IT IS A SIGN

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

 

Tbh, the only warhorse that I really don't like is a song version of Kissing You. About the rest - it depends. Interesting choreo can save a program with even the most overused music. Black Swan is one of the biggest warhorses, but Mana's FP was sooo good.

I must say, being French and having (though liking it at first) heard "Je suis malaaade" sung sooo many times by Serge Lama wherever I would go; then, some years later, hearing the come-back of this overused song, sang by Lara Fabian whose voice I happen not to like, and with similar insistence, even Daria Usacheva's grace and elegance couldn't save it. Glad it is over, I am sure I will like her next season's programs.

From Misha Ge's instagram, some Team USA programs he already choreographed:

 

Amber Glenn FP - Rain In Your Black Eyes (Remake)

 

Jimmy Ma SP - Come Together - Justice League

 

Jessica Lin (H&L girl) FP - Slow dance in the big city

4 hours ago, Paskud said:

Tbh, the only warhorse that I really don't like is a song version of Kissing You.


Every time someone skates to I’m Kissing You with vocals, I’m relieved that R&J 1.0 was in the no vocals allowed era.

Well, waltz is not polka, a Viennese would tell you. ;-)

For those of you who like "storm" music (thinking of Rika Kihira's and Yuzuru Hanyu's recent programs), Unter Donner und Blitz (Under Thunder and Lightning), of Johann Strauss the Son, played by Viennese Philarmonic under the direction of Carlos Kleiber, who was I think the greatest director of all times, but whi is dead unfortunately, it is a polka :

 

The choice of a waltz was more difficult, but here the spring coming, isn't it? At least in Northen Hemisphere, so Voices from the Spring seemed appropriate :

"I want to be better and use it again"

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

 

Tomoe about new programs (google translate):

Until now, I often came up with songs (ideas) from myself, but now I also want to know “myself as seen from around”, so I ask the choreographer to decide the songs.

I would like to know not only what I like but also what I do not know.

 

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

"I want to be better and use it again"

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

 

So, potentially THREE N-D programs next season? Two of which based on the Cocciante's musical, only one remaining maybe on Maurice Jarre's score to Roland Petit's ballet? It was supposed to be danced in Tokyo a few days ago :

https://www.ambt.jp/pf-notredame2020/

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.