General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, Floria said:

Does anybody know anything about Yuzu contract with ANA? My jpn friend says it ended in September but goods and content will continue for some time. Is that true? 

There have been rumours on and off for at least a couple of years that I can think of, and ANA only recently announced they 'will continue to support him'...

On 10/8/2023 at 12:11 AM, bubbletea said:

Hello everyone i was away for couple of days. i know in this forum satellites dont like to talk about yuzu’s privacy and actually me neither but this time something different happend and i didnt see anyone talked this here untill now. anyway recently i saw a lot of “yuzuru’s potential wife” rumors again. The japanese media made lot of fake news and have said many names already and most of the people didnt believe it and so didnt i. But this time they are saying that yuzuru married with a violinist Suenobu Mayuko and i researched her a bit and all of her videos on YouTube are filled with “congratulations on your marriage with hanyu” comments. And nearly everyone i saw accepted it. I guess they finally found the right person. If she is really his wife then i would be happy because she really seems like a lovely, talented and a mature woman but i am not sure should i believe it or not because yuzuru still didnt say anything. Is there anyone who knows about this topic?

edit: thank you for ghosting

Hi, @bubbletea I've also been away from this chat for a while, so I'm replying to you now.

Yuzuru hasn't said anything and probably won't, and there is a good reason for that. If the couple wanted to reveal the wife's identity, they would have done so already. They haven't, and that should be respected. 

That should be enough for an answer, but I think it is worth making a few more general comments. As for the spread of this particular gossip, from what I can tell the source is the same tabloids that keep trying to convince the public that they have found out who she is, dropping one name after another. The mere fact that this time their "candidate" got more traction and the gossip was picked up by some more trustworthy looking media does not mean she is the one. Gossip repeated a million times may start to look like fact, but it is not the same as being fact. Truth is not a matter of how many people believe something or how many people claim it to be true. As long as Yuzuru remains silent, there is no way for the public to really know. But most importantly, even if she was the wife, naming her publicly is a violation of the boundaries Yuzuru established, and as such it is an aggressive act. Being curious is one thing, doing something against someone's will is another. It is also potentially dangerous for her - whether she is the wife or not - and opens the door to further prying and harassment of her and Yuzuru by the same media. Once the tabloids have a name that the public is willing to believe, they can build on it whatever narrative suits their interests. And let's not be naive, their interests have nothing to do with Yuzu's welfare. On the contrary, there are too many people in Japan and around the world who are interested in hurting him.

In the age of the Internet and social media, it's impossible not to come across this kind of "news" from time to time, but my opinion is that if we don't want to become involved, even unconsciously, in any kind of hostile campaign against Yuzuru, it's better not to engage with this kind of content, no matter how nice and harmless it may seem at first glance.

Yahoo article about Re-Pray being broadcast on Asahi TV!!

(I copy/pasted as some cannot access Yahoo Japan anymore):chase:

Yuzuru Hanyu’s third solo ice show “Yuzuru Hanyu ICE STORY 2nd “RE_PRAY” TOUR” opening stage will be broadcast on TV Asahi Channel

news
2023/10/13

It has been announced that Yuzuru Hanyu's third solo ice show, "Yuzuru Hanyu ICE STORY 2nd 'RE_PRAY' TOUR", will be broadcast exclusively on CS TV Asahi Channel. On November 4th, the first day of the Saitama performance will be broadcast live on TV Asahi Channel 1 (5:00 p.m.), and on December 7th, the second day of the Saitama performance will be broadcast as a recorded broadcast on TV Asahi Channel 2 (5:00 p.m.). Hanyu, who turned into a professional athlete in July 2022 and has continued to push figure skating to the next level and show us the unknown world, has been performing at the "Prologue" in Hachinohe in December 2022 and the "Prologue" at Tokyo Dome in February 2023. Yuzuru Hanyu ICE STORY 2023 “GIFT”” and a successful solo ice show. The theme of “Yuzuru Hanyu ICE STORY 2nd “RE_PRAY” TOUR,” which Hanyu will present as a performer and executive producer, is the questions that repeat in life, the thoughts, wishes, and “prayers” that arise from the roots of humanity. It becomes. Hanyu revealed, ``'RE_PRAY' also incorporates ethics and values from the world of games, which are a big element in my experience,'' adding, ``You only have one life, a game that can be repeated, a game that is contradictory. I believe there are many important things that can only be found in each of the two.I will entrust the important things in both to words and skating,'' he says enthusiastically. ``If you think about it, the past may be sublimated, or if you think about it too much, you may even have more troubles.'' Through the space, skating, and production that will never be the same, I hope that viewers can feel the colors of the world that can only be created within each and every person.Right, wrong, sadness, loneliness, and prayer. I will put my heart and soul into it and weave it with words and skating,'' he wrote in a straightforward message. The person in charge of the production is MIKIKO, a choreographer who has worked with numerous artists such as Perfume and BABYMETAL, and is also known for the ``Koi Dance,'' the choreography for ``Koi,'' the ending theme of ``Running is Shameful but Useful'' (TBS). Mr. MIKIKO, who was also in charge of directing the last ``GIFT,'' said, ``While watching the actual performance of ``GIFT,'' I felt the joy that this genre of expression that I had never seen before was born here in Japan, and my desire to draw more. ``My heart was full,'' he said, expressing his passion, ``To reach the scenery I've never seen before, I just keep moving forward while praying, aiming for a faint light in the distance.From among so many options. The path you choose will become your own story. This work will only be completed when the customer's life overlaps with the words that Hanyu creates and the expressions that only he can draw. “Yuzuru Hanyu ``Being able to touch the expression of ``is surely a reward for those of us who are working hard to live in this era.I am grateful for this opportunity again, and will continue to cherish and cherish this work.'' .

9 hours ago, fuzz_ball_21 said:

At least Fanyus will have an idea about how Yuzu might be celebrating his birthday. 

Imagine Yuzu relaxing on his sofa with OM Pooh san and Yuzu Pooh, surrounded by bowls of Gyozas, bottle of Dr Pepper and plates piled high with Choco pies, Coelocanth monaka cakes and the pudding that looks like creme caramel. Yuzu will settle down to watch the Day 2 performance and eat the food with occasional exclamations of "hazukashii" 

Edit: and perhaps few calls of "shuu" and "pah"