General Yuzuru Chat

Of course I watched our brilliant and precious Yuzuru's GIFT again last night and somehow it was more meaningful to me than when I watched it many times in February. Perhaps it was because now since it is streaming on Disney+ millions of other people not only fanyus will come to know Yuzuru. Today as I have been reading people's comments I cannot stop crying. In my 73 years on this earth I never known anyone who's heart is so pure and whose talents are so enormous. He is so selfless, generous, compassionate and kind. His skating is exquisite. I am so grateful to be alive to see him skate as a child and now to watch what he is creating for the world.

Thank you planet hanyu for this platform to communicate with each other ♥️

A thousand thanks to Sarah for the translation

Yuzu demonstrates what an exemplary individual he is, with his kind and thoughtful consideration for those who could be living a in a potentially perilous situation.

Well done to News Every for publicising the plight of those who have been caught up in disasters in order to raise awareness of the ongoing need for recovery efforts, but very importantly also drawing attention to local life saving safety measures. There are hazard maps for different types of hazard, emergency centres and evacuation points and levels of emergency. By ensuring that people are aware of how make an evacuation plan, lives can be saved in the future.

20 hours ago, ChocoFanyu said:

I know this is more of a personal feeling but did anyone else cry over and over after watching GIFT again? And I did again when listening to his interview and seeing him cry in the behind the scenes. I feel so emotional and I really love all the thought he put into the program. He really is such a kind, open hearted, and empathetic person. 😢❤️

:consoling2:

I've watched it so many times now that I'm slowly getting used to it, but even so, I still get emotional every time. I have never had such a strong reaction to any work of art by any other artist in my life.

5 hours ago, YuzuJay said:

👏👏👏

What I notice is that not only does he have 20,000,000 views (and the number of comments must be enormous too) but he is on track, in his second year, to hit 1 million subscribers. He already has over 800K subscribers. That is.... incredible.

43 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Dear Satellites!

Let's all send our reviews and rating to the Rotten Tomato - which is an important indicator of the movie/show's performance value.    I sent in my review - which seems to be the only one so far.  But it's only been up on the website for a couple of hours...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/yuzuru_hanyu_ice_story_2023_gift_at_tokyo_dome

Great idea!  we should all put our reviews in on IMdb as well:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt26919016/?ref_=nm_knf_i_1