General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, SomewhereYuzu said:

Not located in Sweden but I haven't seen any change for me. For the price level that Yuzuru chose for his channel (¥1,190 / US$9.99), YouTube still has this listed as 99 SEK.

See (ensure Sweden is selected at the top if it's not already):

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/10120241?hl=en&ref_topic=9153998&sjid=9896176651077789416-NA&co=GENIE.CountryCode%3DSE

I was told by my niece I need to get a VPN number prior to joining as member. No wonder I couldn't find a 'join' word next to subscribe in Yuzu's YT channel.

Woo...I need to pay for VPN and Yuzu's member fee in order to watch his YT videos 😅

3 hours ago, LAY said:

I was told by my niece I need to get a VPN number prior to joining as member. No wonder I couldn't find a 'join' word next to subscribe in Yuzu's YT channel.

Woo...I need to pay for VPN and Yuzu's member fee in order to watch his YT videos 😅

You can also open a new Google account and set the country to a place were you can join, like US or Germany.

I live in Trinidad and Tobago and there is no YouTube member subscription available, so I joined with a new Account with Country setting US.

So now a have a Google account for anything Yuzuru

On 4/29/2023 at 6:41 AM, Geo1 said:

With Yuzu’s recent visit to the TCC and a formal closure to the most important chapter of his life, to completely understand the significance of the present, one must look at the beginning, when Yuzu first came to Brian.

For new Fanyus, if you have not had the chance to watch the 2012 NHK documentary, ‘Spirits of the Athletes’, I would highly recommend that you do. You cannot fully appreciate who Yuzu has become without knowing who he was.

I have watched this documentary countless times and never tire of it.

This English dubbed version is in the Planet’s video archives. 

Thank you very much for recommending this documentary. I watched it this evening and was captivated!

7 hours ago, YuzuJay said:

Kose made the right choice having Yuzu as their global muse. 

but that is so ironic. he always says he doesn't pay much attention to his skincare but I've never seen him with bad skin once. even in his teenage period he had a smooth skin. maybe it comes from naturally. does anyone know is he really using all kose products?

4 hours ago, bubbletea said:

but that is so ironic. he always says he doesn't pay much attention to his skincare but I've never seen him with bad skin once. even in his teenage period he had a smooth skin. maybe it comes from naturally. does anyone know is he really using all kose products?

On 4/29/2023 at 6:41 AM, Geo1 said:

. . . . .  the 2012 NHK documentary, ‘Spirits of the Athletes’, I would highly recommend that you do. You cannot fully appreciate who Yuzu has become without knowing who he was.

https://planethanyu.com/video/view/1565-20121119-spirits-of-the-athletes/

In my previous post, I was 'complaining' that I cannot view the video ..... well, I had an inspirational thought of switching to another browser (from Opera to Firefox) ..... and ta-da! it works, yay !!!  :cheer: 

(I should have thought of it earlier:  Fire-Fox for watching the Fire-Bird  :giggle: )

Thank you @Geo1 for the recommendation - very interesting documentary  :thanks:

On 4/28/2023 at 5:37 AM, fuzz_ball_21 said:

An oldie but goodie

It has been a long time since I saw this video.  I remember reading somewhere that the audience was maybe a little subdued until this new kid started skating and they just loved him and as you can see he got a standing ovation.  Yuzuru captured hearts wherever he went, wherever he goes. 💙

59 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

In my previous post, I was 'complaining' that I cannot view the video ..... well, I had an inspirational thought of switching to another browser (from Opera to Firefox) ..... and ta-da! it works, yay !!!  :cheer: 

(I should have thought of it earlier:  Fire-Fox for watching the Fire-Bird  :giggle: )

Thank you @Geo1 for the recommendation - very interesting documentary  :thanks:

I am happy to hear that you were able to see the documentary. I have noticed that a lot of websites recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox for the best viewing experience.

Hi everyone... I've been reading PH for years, a member for I don't know how long, but I'm just now posting for the first time... Hehe because I'm shy 😅 but I've heard I need to post to get access to some things, lol... way to get the lurkers out of their comfort zones, jk jk 😉 

I first saw Yuzu in Sochi and was amazed but honestly had no idea how to keep up with the sport back then other than Olympics (accessibility problems). Fast forward 4 years and I got hooked again, and this time I found online streams, etc. Been following his whole story since then! And what a wild ride it has been. 

Looking forward to sharing more here!